Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
|| Agriculture, Forestry, & Fishing, Education and Library, Information Technology, Collegiate Faculty, Staff, Administration, Research & Development
Middle School Lead Teacher: 18-19 SY
KIPP Minnesota Schools
Job Description: Lead Teacher
At KIPP Minnesota Schools, demographics do not determine destiny.
Who we are: KIPP Minnesota Schools is a network of high-performing college-preparatory public charter schools. Next year, we will serve over 400 students in grades K through 2 and grades 5 through 8 at two schools in north Minneapolis. KIPP Minnesota Schools is a fast-growing, entrepreneurial organization that will grow from two to five schools in the coming years.
What we do: We do whatever it takes to help our students develop knowledge, skills, and strong character. We work relentlessly so that every one of our students has the opportunity to attend college and has access to the life of choice and opportunity that college provides. The KIPP Minnesota Regional Office supports our schools, school leaders, and staff through organizational and academic alignment, business management, strategic planning, and back office functions.
How we do it: There are no shortcuts to success. Outstanding educators, rigorous lessons, more time in school, and strong school culture support our students as they climb the mountain to college. We work as a team, use data, and constantly reflect to improve our practice. We believe all of our KIPPsters can make it to and through college and we stay with them every step of the way.
Why it matters: In our communities, approximately 1 in 10 students earn a college degree. We believe that this is unjust and unacceptable and, most importantly, can be changed. Nationwide, over 85% of KIPP middle school alums matriculate to college.
About the Lead Teacher Position
The position will be a key member of the KIPP Minnesota instructional team and directly lead instruction with students. The Lead Teacher will plan and execute high-quality daily lessons that lead to high levels of student achievement in additional to building and supporting a school-wide culture of excellence. This is a full-time position, based at KIPP North Star Academy (grades 5-8) or KIPP North Star Primary (grades K-2).
- A unwavering belief in the mission of KIPP
- Two or more years of teaching experience with a similar population (strongly preferred)
- Bachelors degree (required)
- Demonstrated success in raising the achievement levels of traditionally under-served students (preferred)
- Valid Minnesota teaching license (or ability to obtain one prior to start of school year)
- Implement the school-wide student management policies within classrooms and everywhere on campus
- Create and teach challenging and engaging lessons aligned to state standards
- Assist in development of curriculum standards and mapping
- Establish and maintain strong communication lines with all parents
- Create a classroom environment that is warm and demanding and expects 100% of students to meet expectations
- Maintain a neat, clean classroom environment and a professional personal appearance
- Work to ensure that all IEPs and student needs are met both within and outside of the classroom
- Manage a student caseload
- Perform morning, lunch, and afternoon duties as assigned and attend all staff meetings
- With support from school leaders, use data to drive instructional practices to constantly improve student achievement and instruction
- Seek to constantly develop and improve teaching practices through ongoing feedback conversations with School Leaders and other school faculty within KIPP Minnesota
Core Competencies - Excellent KIPP teachers demonstrate the following skills:
Achievement: Shows a trend of excellence in endeavors and focuses on concrete results
Evidence of Commitment: Committed to teaching and raising the academic achievement of students in urban schools
- Strong academic record and rigorous course of study
- Surpassed expectations in previous employment
- Sets and meets ambitious goals
- Takes on challenges
Continuous Learning: Bases current and future endeavors on lessons drawn from previous experiences
- 2 or more years of teaching a similar population
- Active desire to teach “where needed”
- History of staying with employers/organizations
- Believes all children can and will learn
- Demonstrates a keen awareness of educational injustice issues and strong alignment to the mission of KIPP
Critical Thinking: Analyzes situations thoroughly and generates effective strategies
- Seeks feedback and data early and often and adjusts accordingly
- Reflects regularly on performance to identify areas for improvement
Lesson and Culture Planning: Demonstrates an ability to plan joyful, meaningful, and aligned lessons
- Discerns the presence and nature of problems accurately
- Develops creative solutions
- Approaches difficult situations logically
- Able to suggest multiple solutions to a single problem
Lesson and Culture Execution: Demonstrates an ability to execute joyful, meaningful, and aligned lessons
- Plans a daily objective that is rigorous yet achievable and establishes a clear criteria for success and an aligned way to assess daily.
- Plans to introduce content clearly and concisely and produces student deliverables that match
- Plans student and teacher actions for every moment
- Plans, implements, and constantly refines detailed and effective classroom management routines and systems
Communication & Professionalism
- Evidence of high behavioral expectations that are clearly communicated, positively-framed, and upheld
- Assumes accountability for classroom management and culture
- Demonstrates confidence and comfort when interacting with students and families
- Demonstrates an ability to internalize pre-created lesson plans and deliver them in an engaging manner
Build Lasting Relationships
- Calibrates emotions even when pushed. Is able to maintain a positive tone, clarity, and level of enthusiasm with students and adults.
- Communicates praise, feedback, and concerns directly to students, families, and colleagues
- Demonstrated ability to create inclusive environments that honors and supports a diversity of backgrounds and perspectives
- Treats colleagues, students, and families as people first and works to make them feel known, loved and valued.
- Notices and intentionally takes advantage of opportunities to strengthen relationships
- Engages in genuine conversations with colleagues and families even when difficult
Compensation: Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a comprehensive benefits package.
KIPP MN is an employment at-will organization.
KIPP Minnesota, KIPP North Star Academy, and KIPP North Star Primary are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, gender identity, religion, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age, ancestry, special need, proficiency in the English language, or a foreign language. We are committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff and encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds.
KIPP Public Charter Schools|
david johnson just became a new member.
calvin cannon just became a new member.
frederick roberts just posted a blog entitled 'indian co-ed moriah colbert is new miss prairie view a&m university'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "ironically speaking!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ chapter 5: 'farmland, a skippack retreat?' ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "in the soul and spirit of life and living!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ 'fairmount' terror in the park: the series! ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~ "seeing us-a lost for words" ~'.
markia alston just became a new member.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~'alexandre dumas, author/playwrite'~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~“it came across my desk”~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~"a man of color?"~'.
| invite friends |