Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
|| Education and Library, Financial Services, Information Technology, Research & Development
High School Associate Teacher
About KIPP Nashville
KIPP Nashville is a network of high-performing, college preparatory public schools that has been committed to creating a vibrant, college-going culture in Nashville since 2005. KIPP Nashville is partnered with the acclaimed KIPP Network, which serves over 88,000 students nation-wide and supports low-income students to college at a rate 4x higher than that of their peers.
KIPP Nashville currently operates 2 elementary school (KIPP Kirkpatrick Elementary School and KIPP Nashville College Prep Elementary), 2 middle schools (KIPP Academy Nashville and KIPP Nashville College Prep), and 1 high school (KIPP Nashville Collegiate High School). Our alumni have achieved a 95% high school graduation rate and are supported to and through college by our KIPP Through College program. We are excited to expand our K-16 continuum by growing to 7 schools by 2020.
The mission of KIPP Nashville is to cultivate in its students the character and academic skills needed to succeed in rigorous colleges and have an opportunity-filled life in the world beyond. If you share in this belief, if you have a proven willingness to do whatever it takes for students to achieve, if you thrive in an environment that is both collaborative and entrepreneurial, then you are already a KIPPster.
The Associate Teacher role provides aspiring and newer teachers with the classroom and school experience they need to become excellent Lead Teachers. Each Associate Teacher will receive close mentorship under a master Lead Teacher, will serve as a full staff member and thought partner in their respective school, and will own small-group instruction throughout the course of the year. Upon the completion of a successful year, Associate Teachers will have the opportunity to explore a Lead Teacher position at KIPP Nashville.
Responsibilities of a KIPP Nashville High School Associate Teacher include, but are not limited to:
Curriculum and Instruction
Commitment to School and Classroom Culture
- In collaboration with your content team team, plan and execute a rigorous, standards-aligned curriculum that assesses students’ progress
- Support the collection of data to inform instructional decisions
- Lead small-group instruction in partnership with Lead Teacher(s)
- Demonstrate passion for pedagogy
- Work collaboratively with your school team and those across KIPP Nashville
- Help maintain school-wide culture that best fits the needs of our students, teachers and families
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings and communicate openly with staff
- Develop positive rapport with students
- Create and foster a positive and calm learning environment
- Enforce, uphold, and exhibit school’s values, student management policies and culture
- Establish and maintain strong communication lines with all parents and share progress
- Be available for open houses, parent teacher conferences and other events involving parents
- Demonstrate commitment to professional growth as a teacher
- Pursue challenging professional goals
- Willing to offer support and receive constructive feedback from colleagues in order to create a professional working atmosphere that is conducive to change and improvement
- Participate in school-wide and individual professional development, including pre-service training over the summer and weekly during the academic year (held during school hours)
The following are required of all KIPP Nashville Associate Teachers:
- Commitment to working with under-served students
- Commitment to KIPP Nashville’s mission
- Bachelor’s degree
- Pass Criminal Background Check
- Graduate of/currently enrolled in traditional or alternative teacher preparation program (Highly Preferred)
- Experience working with historically under-served students (Highly Preferred)
Salary is competitive, commensurate with experience, and includes comprehensive benefits.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
KIPP Public Charter Schools|
University Librarian (A17)
with Azusa Pacific University in Azusa, CA.
Empower New York students to succeed as an AmeriCorps member
with Reading Partners in New York, NY.
Empower community volunteers as an AmeriCorps member in New York City
with Reading Partners in New York, NY.
Communications & Marketing Director with Conservation Organization (Any Intermountain West State)
with Western Resource Advocates in Any Intermountain West State (AZ, CO, MT, NM, NV, , US.
with Glynn County Board of Commissioners in Brunswick, GA.
|>> more | add|