Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
|| Education and Library, Finance/Economics, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Counseling, Research & Development, Medical
To apply, please visit: http://www.kippcolorado.org/careers/Apply-Now.cfm
At KIPP Colorado Schools, all students will learn and achieve.
KIPP Colorado Schools is part of the national KIPP network of tuition-free, open enrollment college-preparatory public charter schools dedicated to preparing students from underserved communities for success in college and life.
Who we are: KIPP Colorado Schools is a network of six high-performing, college-preparatory public charter schools. We educate students in grades 9-12 at KIPP Denver Collegiate High School, and grades 5-8 at KIPP Sunshine Peak Academy and KIPP Northeast Denver Middle School. For the 2018-19 school year, KIPP Northeast Elementary will educate students in ECE-4 through fourth grade and KIPP Northeast Denver Leadership Academy will educate students in grades 9-12. KIPP Sunshine Peak Elementary will educate students in ECE-3, ECE-4, and kindergarten.
What we do: We set clearly defined and measurable high expectations for academic achievement and conduct in order to create and reinforce a culture of achievement and support. We know that every student is different and we personalize learning based on a student’s needs, skills, and interests.
How we do it: Great schools require great teachers and school leaders. We empower our educators to lead school teams, and we invest in training to help them grow as professionals. Our schools provide a safe, structured, and nurturing environment with minimal distractions and more time for both academics and extra-curriculars, so our students love school and maximize their learning.
Why it matters: Great education transforms lives. At KIPP Colorado Schools, teachers, students, and families are all united around the same goal: college and a choice-filled life. We believe that an excellent college-preparatory education will set students up for success in whatever life path they choose. Through collective hard work and commitment, KIPP students complete college at a rate that is above the national average for all students and four times higher than that of students from similar economic backgrounds.
About the School Psychologist Position
School psychologists assist students at all levels, from elementary school to high school. They advocates for students’ well-being, and as valuable resources for their educational and personal advancement. As a school psychologist, you may help students in processing issues such as bullying, disabilities, LGBTQ issues, low self-esteem, poor academic performance, social anxiety, problems with authority and problems at home. The School Psychologist performs psycho-educational assessment of students in pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade. The ideal candidate will have experience collaborating with a full student services team to provide the most appropriate recommendations and support for students requiring services. The School Psychologist will be a member of our regional School Services Team and serve all KIPP Colorado at our schools located in Southwest and Northeast Denver.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Consults with staff and parents, making recommendations for developmentally appropriate services and strategies to assist in improving student achievement
- Participates in crisis management by counseling and or making referrals
- Counsels students, parents (in groups and individually) and consults with staff in the development of appropriate behavior goals
- Interprets test data, researches available tests necessary to meet individual school needs, provides in-service training for staff on standardized administration technique, and interprets individual and group test data to staff and parents
- Support the affective/ social-emotional needs of with disabilities.
- Attend district school Psychologist trainings
- Work with school-aged children K-12
- Help students process their problems and plan goals and action
- Promote positive behaviors
- implement research based behavioral management techniques
- Evaluate and advise school disciplinary practices for troubled students
- Participate in special education by administering psychological tests, and completing IEP reports
- Facilitate groups
- Provide professional development throughout the region related to Multi Tired Systems of Support, behavior management, trauma informed instruction
- Masters in school psychology
- Certificate of Advanced Study (CAS), Educational Specialist (Ed.S), or Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study (CAGS)
- Must have 60+ graduate credit hours with a full year internship of at least 1200 hours in the school setting with supervision.
- Must possess a Colorado Department of Education Special Service Provider License with an endorsement in School Psychology
- Previous school psychologist experience and working with gifted and talented students preferred
- Bilingual Spanish strongly preferred
- Experience in the administration and interpretation of a variety of test instruments to evaluate cognitive ability, learning aptitudes, academic skills and eligibility for special education
- Experience using consultation techniques that allow for providing effective techniques that address problems in learning and behavior
- Strong preference for candidates with prior experience in a charter or independent school environment
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage the ambiguity and multiple priorities inherent in an entrepreneurial environment
- Proactive problem solver who demonstrates initiative
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others and build relationships across teams
- Strong work ethic coupled with enthusiastic and passionate approach to one’s work
- Commitment to the belief that all students can learn and to the mission of educational equity
This position will begin immediately. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Employee benefits include medical, dental, participation in PERA, and a paid time-off package.
KIPP Colorado Schools is dedicated to equal employment opportunities and fair labor practices. KIPP Colorado Schools, KIPP Denver Collegiate High School, KIPP Northeast Denver Middle School, KIPP Northeast Elementary, KIPP Northeast Denver Leadership Academy, KIPP Sunshine Peak Academy and KIPP Sunshine Peak Elementary provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications, and the ability to perform a job without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religious creed, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, legally protected medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, or on any other basis made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. It is our policy to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
KIPP Public Charter Schools|
david johnson just became a new member.
calvin cannon just became a new member.
frederick roberts just posted a blog entitled 'indian co-ed moriah colbert is new miss prairie view a&m university'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "ironically speaking!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ chapter 5: 'farmland, a skippack retreat?' ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "in the soul and spirit of life and living!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ 'fairmount' terror in the park: the series! ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~ "seeing us-a lost for words" ~'.
markia alston just became a new member.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~'alexandre dumas, author/playwrite'~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~“it came across my desk”~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~"a man of color?"~'.
| invite friends |