On-Call Substitute Teacher
KIPP San Antonio On-Call Substitute Teacher
About the Organization:
KIPP is a national network of 141 schools that are free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public schools with a track record of preparing students in underserved communities for success in college and in life. We are currently in 20 states and the District of Columbia serving over 50,000 students. Eighty-six percent of our students are low-income, and more than 95% are African American or Latino.
KIPP San Antonio is a growing network of schools: KIPP Aspire Academy, founded in 2003, KIPP University Prep, founded in 2009, KIPP Camino Academy, 2010, KIPP Un Mundo 2012, KIPP Esperanza 2014, and KIPP Poder 2015. Building on the success of our local KIPP schools as well as the KIPP national network of schools, we are currently embarking on an aggressive growth plan that will include dual language elementary schools and a five-fold increase in the number of students we serve. We are committed to providing our students with a top quality education, making no excuses regarding background or previous educational experience, and recognizing that there are no shortcuts to success!
- Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with students and families based on trust and respect.
- Communicates high expectations for behavior by teaching, practicing, and reinforcing rules and consequences so that students are focused on working hard and being nice.
- Approaches practice with a sense of urgency maximizing every minute.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date records.
Academic and Cultural Support:
- Meets professional obligations through efficient work habits such as meeting deadlines and honoring schedules.
- Assumes responsibility for student achievement.
- Embraces feedback and constructive criticism in the spirit of constant improvement.
- Participate in the daily functioning of the school – morning, lunch, and afternoon supervisory duties.
- Participates actively in developing individualized learning plans for students, parent meetings and conferences.
- The candidate must pass a background check prior to hiring.
- Substitutes must be able to work at minimum one day per week
- Punctuality and commitment to scheduled assignments is key to success
Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written in English and Spanish), interpret policy and procedures, maintain emotional control under stress.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pushing and pulling, some heavy lifting. Biological exposure to bacteria and communicable diseases.
Salary is based on years of experience, degree of education, and level of expertise. A competitive benefits package is also offered.
Please go to www.kipp.org and click on the CAREERS tab.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.