Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
||Arkansas Delta, AR
|| Agriculture, Forestry, & Fishing, Education and Library, Financial Services, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Human Resources, Information Technology, Internet/E-Commerce, Military, Transportation, Executive Management, Research & Development, Medical, Web Technology, Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
Bus Driver - Forrest City
Bus Driver- Forrest City, AR
About KIPP Delta Public Schools:
Founded in 2002, KIPP Delta Public Schools aspire to create a paradigm shift for underserved populations in the Arkansas Delta by establishing centers of academic excellence that will compete with the top educational programs in the country. As a growing network of free, open-enrollment, public charter schools, KIPP Delta serves nearly 1,400 students across five schools in Helena and Blytheville, Arkansas, and is poised to launch a new school in Forrest City, Arkansas in July of 2015.
With a mission of empowering students from underserved communities to develop the knowledge, skills, and character traits necessary to pursue a college education and a life of value, joy, and integrity, KIPP Delta boasts a 99% college acceptance rate for its high school seniors and a college persistence/graduation rate of 79%. To put things in perspective, the national average of low-income students graduating from college within six years is 10%. KIPP Delta’s founding class is on track to quadruple that figure. Additionally, KIPP Delta’s five graduating classes have earned over $5million in college scholarships and KIPP Delta Collegiate High School was ranked number two in the state by U.S. News and World Report.
The KIPP Delta team holds themselves and their students to the highest codes of conduct and academic standards. They work together as a team and family and believe “There Are No Shortcuts.” KIPP Delta strives to develop 7 specific character strengths in all students: grit, zest, optimism, self-control, social intelligence, curiosity, and gratitude. They believe excellent education means students learn, grow, and achieve transformative life outcomes.
For more information about the organization please visit www.kippdelta.org.
Our Academic Vision:
At KIPP Delta we create a joyous-struggle in all of our students by assuring teachers pitch lessons high, constantly challenge students, and never under-estimate children’s intellect. We believe students should leave classrooms exhausted and craving more. Boredom, ease, and simplicity are cardinal sins. We commit to a rigorous and aligned PreK-12 program built upon college-ready academic standards, effective instructional practices, and meaningful curriculum and assessments.
Under the general supervision of the Director or Manager, the Bus Driver has the primary responsibility for ensuring the health, safety and welfare of the children, staff and volunteers during bus transportation to and from the school and on field trips. It is also the role of the Bus Driver to: guarantee that the bus is clean and in proper working condition at all times; determine and follow safe and efficient bus routes and maintain all transportation records required by the school.
1. Ensures the safety and well-being of children and adults being transported to and from the school and on field trips.
2. Completes a comprehensive written inspection of the bus daily, reporting any conditions of concern to the Director, or delegated staff person, before transporting children.
3. Ensures that the bus always has sufficient fuel.
4. Operates bus in such a way that road and safety regulations are always followed; reports any traffic violations to the Director immediately.
5. Follows procedures to guarantee no child is left alone on bus without adult supervision at any time, including insuring all children have departed bus at the end of all bus routes (morning, evening and during field trips or other special trips).
6. Keeps the bus clean and free of debris; follows other bus cleaning procedures.
7. Routinely inventories bus emergency and first aid supplies and equipment, reports needs to the Director, or delegated staff person.
8. Attend transportation in-service training of bus drivers and other continuing education, career and professional development opportunities..
9. In case of accidents/emergencies, evacuates children according to written and practiced procedures.
10. In the event of an accident, assures that medical emergency procedures are followed; completes a written accident report as required by delegate's procedure and other authorities.
11. Support student recruitment, enrollment, and retention activities as needed.
12. Performs other duties, as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by a person in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties that may be performed in such a position.
Possess a current Commercial Driver's License class B with school bus endorsement.
Successful experience as a School Bus Driver preferred. Effective oral and written communication skills commensurate with the responsibilities of the position are required.
• Ability to pass a School Bus Driver's physical which includes a drug test.
• Must be able to comply with background check, including fingerprints, as required by the State of Arkansas.
• Have a valid Arkansas driver's license.
• Exemplification of the character values: zest, grit, self-control, hope, love, social intelligence, gratitude, and a sense of humor
• Ability to present a positive image of the organization to members of the community.
• Manual dexterity sufficient to operate the bus, conducts pre-trip inspections, and cleans the bus.
• Must have effective organizational, problem solving, and time management skills.
• Ability to learn and comprehend information from Procedures Manuals and other materials.
• Ability to comprehend and follow traffic signs required.
• Ability to perform responsibilities under pressure and in cases of accidents or other emergencies.
• Successful experience working as an effective member of a team desirable.
• Respect for children and adults from various cultures and backgrounds, flexibility, patience, good personal hygiene, and physical and mental health that do not interfere with responsibilities.
This job involves sitting for long periods as well as stooping, squatting, lifting, carrying, pushing and climbing. Able to work a flexible schedule. Must be able to travel, enter, and exit a vehicle without assistance and withstand exposure to adverse weather conditions. Random drug tests may be performed.
The qualifications listed above are guidelines for selection purposes; alternative qualifications may be substituted if sufficient to perform the duties.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
This position is open for an immediate start date. Please visit our website at http://www.kippdelta.org.
As an equal opportunity employer, KIPP Delta does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, or any other basis made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws or regulations.
KIPP Delta's salary schedule is available on our website, under "State Required Information."
KIPP Public Charter Schools|