Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Hartsville, SC United States
|| Computers, Software, Engineering, Internet/E-Commerce, Web Technology
Application Developer, Database/Security Analyst|
The Application Developer and Database/Security Analyst at the South Carolina Governor’s School for Science and Mathematics (GSSM) is an energetic, hardworking professional committed to the advancement of the School. Responsibilities include development of web-accessible applications, oversight and management of the school’s databases, and compliance assurance with security policies. This position is a member of a talented IT department and has a high degree of autonomy to identify opportunities and negotiate priorities.
• Manage the use and operations of campus information systems to maximize the benefits of these systems, and to minimize redundancies, inaccuracies, and work duplication.
• Monitor, effect, and report on compliance with state information security and privacy regulations.
• Working collaboratively with school stakeholders, identify, evaluate, acquire, and implement new applications and system to meet the growing needs of the school.
• Provide desk-side support for all users of the school’s information systems.
• Conduct regular and effective training to support staff to use the school’s systems.
• Collaborate with other IT staff to integrate credentialed systems with the school’s Active Directory.
• Manage the timely and accurate integration of appropriate school records with mailing lists and other products in use at the school.
• Maintain a high level of personal currency with technological trends and standards, especially as they apply to education, educational administration, and advancement.
Qualifications & Requirements
1. Successful track record, of at least 5 years, developing and maintaining web-accessible, database-enabled applications.
2. Comprehensive knowledge of PHP development, database architecture, design and development practices, and implementation strategies.
3. Excellent and persuasive written and verbal communication skills.
4. Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced environment with a diverse group of clients.
5. Understanding of the need for confidentiality and the ability to protect sensitive personal information.
6. A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
7. Ability to work and identify improvement opportunities independently.
1. Experience in higher, or secondary education institutions.
2. Experience with PowerSchool, or a similar student information system.
3. Master’s degree in a relevant field.
GSSM is a public residential STEM high school that also offers statewide outreach programs year-round. GSSM is recognized nationally as a leader in specialized secondary education. GSSM supports its exceptional education programs through a multi-million dollar budget with around 100 FTEs. For more information, please visit www.scgssm.org.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ chapter 5: 'farmland, a skippack retreat?' ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "in the soul and spirit of life and living!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ 'fairmount' terror in the park: the series! ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~ "seeing us-a lost for words" ~'.
markia alston just became a new member.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~'alexandre dumas, author/playwrite'~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~“it came across my desk”~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~"a man of color?"~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ “out from the shadows” ~'.
christina harris just became a new member.
antoine fisher just edited his profile.
antoine fisher just commented on a poll entitled 'christians read the story about jesus in the new testament ,,,but '.
| invite friends |