Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
|| Education and Library, Information Technology, Collegiate Faculty, Staff, Administration, Executive Management, Research & Development, Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
Countdown to College (CTC) Summer Program Teacher
JOB TITLE: Countdown to College (CTC) Summer Program Teacher
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager of College Placement, KIPP Through College
About KIPP Baltimore:
KIPP Baltimore is a non-profit organization that operates two public charter schools in Baltimore City - KIPP Ujima Village Academy and KIPP Harmony Academy. KIPP Through College (KTC) is KIPP Baltimore’s high school placement and alumni support program, which guides students to gain admission to college-preparatory high schools and helps them succeed and stay on the path to and through college graduation.
About KIPP Baltimore's KIPP Through College Countdown to College:
The Countdown to College Summer Program runs from June 25 through July 27 with a group of rising high school seniors. Participants engage in a five week college preparatory program that gives the participants a head start in the college application process and the opportunity to complete a one credit college class taught by a college professor all while gaining career readiness skills and being paid by YouthWorks.
As a member of the KTC team, the CTC Summer Program Teacher will be responsible for planning for and delivering all KTC content lessons. Additionally, they are responsible for providing general support to the participants, coaches, and KTC staff to ensure a smooth implementation of the program.
- Plan and execute KTC lesson plans from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday June 25 through July 27 on the University of Baltimore campus.
- Provide any necessary support to participants, coaches, or KTC staff to ensure the smooth implementation of the program.
- Chaperone any scheduled college visit days.
- Attend two training days prior to the start of the program.
- Ensure all Countdown to College participants excellently complete all necessary deliverables required by the program, including but not limited to:
- A final draft of a college essay
- Creation of the FSA ID
- A final draft of a resume
- A balanced and individualized wish list of colleges
- Work with the KTC team and perform the following general responsibilities
- Support a college going culture wherein every child is treated as college bound.
- Utilize program coaches as needed to execute lessons and facilitate student independent practice.
- Meet regularly with the Senior Manager of College Placement.
- Develop positive, appropriate relationships with program participants, KTC staff, and program coaches.
- Consistently implement the management policies consistent with Youth Works and KTC within classrooms.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Certified to teach
- At least one year teaching experience to middle and/or high school students
- Experience working with educationally underserved students and their families
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the Baltimore City educational landscape
- Ability to research and effectively communicate information in various forms
- Self-starter and ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Excellent organization skills including a comprehensive organizational system
- Proficient in MS Office, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as the Google Docs platform.
Compensation and Benefits:
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
KIPP Baltimore is committed to the ideal of diversity in its student body and in its faculty and staff. KIPP Baltimore does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, nationality, or ethnicity.
KIPP Public Charter Schools|