Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Accounting/Auditing, Architectural Services, Construction, Mining and Trades, Engineering, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Real Estate, Sales, Telecommunications, Publishing, Executive Management, Logistics
Senior Project Manager (MAC- Move, Add, Changes)|
The purpose of this position is to manage and lead a staff responsible for individual, multi-disciplined real estate project solutions for clients, with direct accountability for project delivery.
The primary responsibilities of this position consist of planning and managing business transition and relocation projects for corporate clientele. This is a lead management position responsible for the overall direction of activities associated with a corporate relocation project.
While possessing strong written and oral communication skills, this individual must also have the ability to effectively and professionally work with people of various disciplines and levels within a corporate environment, including: real estate, facility management and IT teams, C-level executives, department heads, administrative assistants, and end-users; as well as the project team, including: construction managers, architects, engineers, building managers and physical movers.
Characteristics of responsible projects:
Duration: Long-term (18 months to 2 years)
Value: Typically >$2 Million USD
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop overall relocation strategy including a detailed move plan for each department impacted by the relocation in order to minimize or eliminate any and all disruptions to client’s business operations
- Develop roles and responsibilities for client’s internal team members and external vendors including managing resource requirements
- Oversee and lead relocation team
- Coordinate and chair move team meetings
- Develop detailed move scope of work
- Develop communications plan to keep client leadership, move team and end-users informed of move plans and activities leading up to and including the physical relocation
- Develop and train a network of departmental move coordinators to service as “conduit” between Move Team and end-users
- Develop overall relocation budget and cost tracking in excess of $30 million
- Track and monitor project budget to control project costs
- Develop relocation schedule including detailed break-down of major tasks and resources required
- Develop project contingency plans
- Develop scopes of work for each subcontracted service associated with the relocation – i.e. physical move vendor, IT support vendor, move supplies etc.
- Work with client’s procurement and legal departments to develop and issue Requests for Proposal for all move-related vendors
- Provide vendor bid analysis and recommendations
- Develop move database using Microsoft Excel to track and disseminate end-user move information
- Use move database to develop pre-printed move labels, signage and drawings
- Create and provide reporting on internal and external service level agreements and KPI’s
- Develop detailed move logistics plan for all move phases
- Provide training in the overall move process to internal and external team members
- Audit move process for best practices, lessons learned and process improvement
- Coordinate post move activities and lessons learned
- Other duties as assigned.
Provides formal supervision to individual employees within single functional or operational area. Approves subordinate's recommendations for staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination. Effectively recommends same for direct reports to next level management for review and approval. Plans and monitors appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labor, including overtime. Prepares and delivers performance appraisal for staff. Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
Manages 3rd party project delivery resources/team (typically larger more experienced team). Responsible for identifying training needs, tracking performance, coaching, and motivating team members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
A bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university and a minimum of (6) six to (10) ten years of related experience in move management, facility management, interior design, architecture, engineering, or other related field. Experience overseeing construction projects, interior build-outs, move/add/changes.
Prior experience in a supervisory position (direct report responsibilities) required if specific duties include direct report responsibilities.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
PMP (US and/or Canada) and LEED AP preferred.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the most complex business documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues. Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups. Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action.
Requires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate complex figures. Ability to forecast and prepare budgets. Conducts financial/business analysis including the preparation of reports.
Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions for a growing matrix-based multi-industry sales environment. Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the company.
- Ability to quickly gather and understand detailed information about the client company, their industry and business operations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Must have the ability deal with people in all levels of the organization (admins to CEO)
Must be able to present to large groups of people (50 – 500)
Must be able to provide calm reassurance to client and help them through very stressful phases of projects
Leadership abilities to take charge of a project and gain the trust and confidence of the client
Ability to schedule and organize tasks based on client needs and project constraints
Excellent time management skills to start and complete multiple layers of tasks concurrently
Strong attention to detail
- Excellent logic and reasoning skills
- Solid understanding of current business technologies (telecom, IT)
- Willingness to work weekends and possibly some holidays
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Candidate must have expert command of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Project with strong emphasis on managing, editing and manipulating large Excel files and complex Word documents. Working knowledge of Microsoft Publisher and AutoCAD preferred, but not required.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve general results. Responsible for setting department deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause long-term impact to co-workers, supervisor, department and/or line of business.