Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Accounting/Auditing, Banking, Customer Service and Call Center, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Government and Policy, Information Technology, Insurance, Internet/E-Commerce, Retail/Wholesale, Sales, Executive Management, Research & Development, Web Technology
This is a branch based customer facing role to generate revenue by meeting customer needs and service where required primarily with Personal Banking and Advance customer segments. This role delivers proposition by providing a consistently excellent customer experience and encouraging customers to use additional channels where appropriate. To undertake simple product sales as appropriate using the EDRAS based sales process to discover customer needs. Provides referrals to MortgageRetail Business Banking sales staff and Premier customer segment aligned employees based on customer needs. Primary lobby manager who receives and engages walk-in customers in a friendly and courteous manner. Listens, understands and interprets customer needs and provides options on how they bank with us. Handles less complex customer service requests and pro-actively manages the self-service strategy. This role utilizes a customer lead generation system to provide targeted sales opportunities to current and potential customers. This role also processes and initiates various financial transactions for customers.
Impact on the Business
- Is responsible for providing an overall excellent customer experience and supports all customer segments
- Initiates contact with new and existing customers and offers value added products and services based on customer need and ensures customer understanding of those products
- Sell appropriate HSBC Bank core financial services products to meet their needs while developing and deepening relationships
- Excludes the sale and referral
s of investment and insurance products
- Excludes the sales of Consumer Mortgage Products; refer to other specialized product areas, as required
- Accept and process deposits, payments, checks for cashing and other transactions according to established procedures and performance standards.
- Ready workstation at start of shift; strike and balance cash and transactions at end of shift
Customers / Stakeholders
- Own the customer experience; serve as first point of contact for customers entering the branch; provide a positive first impression through courteous, friendly and efficient customer service and meet customer expectations
- Fulfill quick customer service needs, resolve service-related issues and provide an excellent customer experience during these interactions
- Identify customer referral opportunities to deepen relationships and complete initial evaluation of customer needs to direct them to the appropriate proposition or product specialist, setting up appointments as required (as the position is not licensed or registered, sales discussions and needs evaluations may not include wealth or mortgage products)
- Proactively manage the lobby and champion the self-service strategy in the branch by helping educate customers on the alternate channels available and the ATM/Connect Station functionality
- Ensure adherence to established customer interaction standards for every transaction
- Enhance Company image by delivering superior customer service
- Identify cross-sell opportunities through proper customer profiling
- Sell appropriate core financial services products to meet customer needs while developing and expanding account relationship; excludes sales of Consumer Mortgage Products, investment and insurance products
- Meet customer expectations in terms of efficiency, accuracy, timeliness and professionalism
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
Leadership & Teamwork
- Promote and demonstrate alternative delivery channels to customers (ATMs, kiosks, online banking) in alignment with our self-service strategy
- Work with sales and service personnel within the branch to meet customer needs
- Support achievement of the HSBC vision, Values, goals and culture in personal behavior, actions and decision making
- Take personal responsibility for understanding and agreeing on performance expectations, completing necessary mandatory training and developing the levels of capability and competence needed to be effective in the role
- Contribute to team development, effectiveness and success by sharing knowledge and good practice, working collaboratively with others to create a productive, diverse and supportive working environment
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues in the wider RBWM businesses and others as appropriate to service client needs
- Represent the Company on community organizations and activities to enhance the Company's image and promote and develop additional business through the development and expansion of referral sources
- Work closely with Wealth and Mortgage partners to further develop the client relationship
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Execute operational duties within the branch in support of sales personnel, including processing applications, signature cards, check ordering, etc. to support all branch customer segments
- Live and represent the brand; exemplify the five brand attributes of being perceptive, progressive, responsive, respectful and fair, both internally and externally
- Educate, encourage and sell customers on use of alternative delivery channels, including ATMs and telephone and personal internet banking, where appropriate
- Participate in training programs to enhance product knowledge
- To implement the Group compliance policy locally by containing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Global Business Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned
- Owning the customer experience within the branch
- Shifting Personal Banking customers to alternative delivery channels in alignment with the self-service strategy for this customer segment
- Communicating with customers with tact and diplomacy and presenting a professional image for the branch
- The Company seeks to grow its RBWM business through an efficient operation and the pursuit of providing clients with globally consistent experiences, excellent service, and advice on products and services appropriate to client needs to enhance that value
- Increasing net non- premier clients
- The jobholder has primary responsibility for leading activities to ensure opportunities are identified and client needs are met effectively, maximizing all available resources
- Compliance with the relevant Group standards including GHQ and the Regulatory organization as applied to the implementation of the RBWM strategy in the US
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues
- Physical Demands/Work Environment: Very good working conditions. Little or no physical demands. Minimal handling of light materials. The physical demands/work environment described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties
- Ensure the fair treatment of our clients is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organization; this will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours that form part of the HSBC Values and culture and adhering to the HSBC risk policies and procedures, including notification and escalation of any concerns and taking required action in relation to points raised by audit and/or external regulators
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators
- Adhere to internal controls and Firm policies. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators
- Implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply. This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity and by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators
- The incumbent will ensure 100% adherence to completion of HSBC mandatory training and any required compliance and risk-related training courses
HSBC is blazing the trail for African-American colleagues, check it out:
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum of two years proven branch office and/or retail customer service and sales experience or equivalent, including cash handling experience
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent experience.
- Proven interpersonal, analytical, organizational, customer service and communications skills
- Proficiency with personal computers and office machines as well as pertinent mainframe systems and software packages
- Demonstrated product and segment knowledge and referral abilities
- Outgoing, self-motivated and ability to initiate conversations with customers and take pro-active approach to dealing with them; as well as communicate with tact and diplomacy and present a professional image for the branch
- Sound knowledge of the customer service concept and its importance in developing and expanding customer relationships
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ “coat of arms” ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ “crisis” ~'.
david johnson just became a new member.
calvin cannon just became a new member.
frederick roberts just posted a blog entitled 'indian co-ed moriah colbert is new miss prairie view a&m university'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "ironically speaking!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ chapter 5: 'farmland, a skippack retreat?' ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "in the soul and spirit of life and living!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ 'fairmount' terror in the park: the series! ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~ "seeing us-a lost for words" ~'.
markia alston just became a new member.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~'alexandre dumas, author/playwrite'~'.
| invite friends |