Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Accounting/Auditing, Banking, Customer Service and Call Center, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Law Enforcement, and Security, Legal, Sales, Counseling, Purchasing, Executive Management, Research & Development
Large Corporate Associate Relationship Manager|
The Corporate Relationship Support Manager is situated in the Corporate Banking Centre (CBC) and reports to Sr Corporate Manager – Area or Sr Manager Corporate – Area I or II.
The roleholder is expected to retain and grow smaller Large Corporate (LC) CMB customer relationships for HSBC while adhering to the Group values, business strategy, operational policies, regulatory requirements and risk management practices. The role holder will also take responsibility for dealing with all aspects of clients’ new monies applications and working on ad hoc projects including (but not limited to): sales pitches BDM/product co-ordination, sector analysis, client portfolios and others as required.
The role holder will also expected to be an integral part of the corporate banking team enabling the team to deliver the optimum contribution towards the CBC Annual Operating Plan (AOP), improve client engagement, maximise operational efficiency and allow for the maximum amount of client engagement. The role holder will be expected to prepare concise call reports, research and analyze client, industry and competitor financial and macro economic data, conduct supplier / buyer analysis and be an active participant in client due-diligence calls. In addition, the role role holder will be expected to represent the bank at client meetings, introduce product partners as appropriate, coordinate the application process, and work closely with legal counsel in preparing appropriate legal documentation
Impact on the Business
- Contribute to the attainment of business results by growing sustainable revenues from existing smaller customer.
- Develop effective strategies to manage customer relationships, anticipate customer needs and provide a superior quality service to position HSBC as the market leader in this segment.
- Attend large client meetings as necessary with S/CBMs
- Prepare collation /analysis of financial/non-financial information and coordination of products/solutions which suit customer needs, to draft the (NTB) credit application on behalf of the RM to a high quality.
- Undertake the appropriate analysis and preparation of proposals, presentations and pitches to prospective customers including facility definition including preparation of credit deal structuring, term sheet, security, covenants, and pricing of facilities.
- Monitor the risk portfolio rating and quality and provide ongoing risk monitoring including AML alerts, and act as an escalation point for risk issue response - escalate Risk concerns the RM
Customers / Stakeholders
- Manage deals/discussions with smaller clients and participate in the deals and discussions with larger clients alongside the S/CBMs to gain as much experience of relationship management and the management of complex international credits
- Enhance and develop mutually beneficial relationships with clients; applies acquired knowledge to provide assistance to clients
- Liaise and work with CBC team(s) / CSU colleagues to ensure the best possible experience and outcomes for customers, employees and the Bank
- Effective interaction with the team within CBC and across the wider Bank
- Identify and escalate service delivery issues
Leadership & Teamwork
- Ensure clarity and accuracy when conveying information to senior / line management
- Coordinate and oversee work to meet to meet agreed deadlines
- Coach team members and develop skills
- Ensure effective and continuous dialogue within the CBC team(s)
- Demonstrate courageous integrity
- Lead and develop an effective team through communication, performance management, development plans and reward/recognition practices.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Check and correct problems that are not immediately evident in existing systems or processes
- Understand and adhere to established policies and procedures in team
- Ensure the application of Group policy and adherence to regulatory, financial, and legal standards to minimise business and reputational risks
- Possess responsibility for the delivery of efficient, accurate and timely processing of clients requests and transactions
- To implement the Group compliance policy locally by containing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Global Business Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Contributing to the team in the delivery of income and growth.
- Supporting implementation of changes and initiatives within the CBC in a timely manner.
- Ensuring focus on delivering the requirements of the role and maintaining close links with stakeholders.
- The role is a part of the CBC team and is responsible for managing smaller clients while ensuring the S/CBMs provide exceptional customer service whilst delivering income growth, improving efficiencies and embracing corporate initiatives.
- The role holder will operate within the Bank’s risk and operational guidelines and is responsible for ensuring that organisational standards are maintained and that the Banks policies and procedures are adhered to throughout the CBC in order to mitigate risk.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation. This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours required to support the Best Place to Bank principles of Make Better Products, Sell Them Properly and Keep Them Sold.
- The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
- Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Compliance. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity.
- The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology
HSBC is blazing the trail for African-American colleagues, check it out:
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Broad knowledge of the Bank’s structures, products and services
- Appreciation of the changing economic, social and governmental environment in the U.S.
- Knowledge of international business and various industry sectors
- Knowledge and use of HORIS and Client Vision systems (including reporting) and complex MI
- Minimum 5 years experience in a client focussed environment with a demonstrated understanding of commercial lending and risk assessment.
- Appreciation of working in a global environment
- Developing professional expertise and credibility within business
- Strong ‘team’ skills promoting an environment of co-operation and trust, overcoming resistance where encountered
- Ability to interact with business customers at all levels
- Possess analytical and financial skills
- Good prioritising, organisational and time management abilities
- Ability to make decisions
- Excellent time management, planning and organization skills
- Good verbal and written communications skills and the ability to deliver compelling presentations