Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Computers, Software, Consulting Services, Information Technology, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Warehousing, Environmental, Energy / Utilities
Lead Material Handling Controls Technician|
A proactive Controls System Lead (CSL) is responsible for support within the fulfillment center operations, focusing on maintaining, troubleshooting and modifying material handling controls systems equipment to ensure operational performance of material handling equipment such as conveyors, sortation systems, scanners, cameras, print and apply systems, and SCADA devices and programs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintain, troubleshoot and modify software programs for material handling control systems, including PLC/PC controllers and industrial networks such as Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Profibus, motor control systems, servo drives, frequency drives, and electrical distribution systems.
2. Act as first level escalation support for the CST teams. Appropriately escalate downtime situations to vendors or headquarters for support to restore equipment operation.
3. Monitor MHE metrics and partner with facilities/operations for system performance issues both within assigned FC and with like systems in similar FC systems.
4. Apply subject matter expertise in material handling and electronic systems to maximize building utilization of systems.
5. Perform and Utilize FC System Assessments to assess material handling system performance.
6. Partner with Facility Operations leadership, equipment vendors and parts suppliers to plan and coordinate new technology installations. Act as the technical consultant for capital projects inside the building.
7. Utilize FC network support resources for guidance and assistance, and provide assistance to peers, as needed.
8. Communicate technical issues and project timelines with building leadership, operations and the maintenance team. Explain production impacts and work closely with operations and engineering to ensure a thorough understanding of impact to systems.
9. Train and develop CSTs on controls systems concepts and procedures
With access to top-tier market intelligence, planning, local site selection and asset strategies, our Global Workplace Services offering includes Enterprise Facilities Management (EFM), Project Management (PJM), Advisory & Transaction Services (A&T), and Management Consulting. We offer end-to-end expertise across all workplace types, scalable delivery, a commitment to world-class safety and ongoing innovations in building efficiencies, energy conservation and CRE technology.
• Bachelor’s degree in electronic technology or related field or 5 years equivalent experience
• Ability to identify, maintain, troubleshoot, and modify AB RS LOGIX 5000 PLC's and PLC components
• Ability to identify, maintain, troubleshoot, and modify Robotics system components and controls
• Ability to identify, maintain, troubleshoot, modify and program HMI components
• Ability to identify, maintain, troubleshoot, and modify control network components
• Ability to identify, maintain, troubleshoot, and modify Motor Controls including motor starters, Variable Frequency Drives, DC drives, and standard electrical components.
• Industrial electrical hands-on experience and troubleshooting, including 480V 3-phase, 110 VAC, and 24VDC systems
• Understand concepts and messaging protocols within Warehouse Management System Software
• Understand concepts and messaging protocols within Warehouse control systems concepts
• Ability to execute project tasks assigned.
• Reasoning, analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to interpret and modify drawings both mechanical and electrical
• Ability to identify, maintain, and utilize SCADA systems and KPI's
• Ability to train others with lesser skills
• Ability to access all levels and areas of the facility
• Ability to interpret and understand policies and procedures and relate them to others
Ability to travel up to 25%
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field or equivalent experience
• Systems controls knowledge or programming experience
• Field service engineering experience
• Systems trainer or training experience
• Experience supporting a wide range of different conveyors and sortation systems
• Experience with advanced automation controls systems
• Experience with industrial robotics
• Experience with ASRS systems
• Project management experience