Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
||San Antonio, TX
|| Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Agriculture, Forestry, & Fishing, Education and Library, Environmental
High School Baseball Coach
High School Baseball Coach
KIPP San Antonio Position: HIgh School Softball Coach
KIPP San Antonio is a growing network of free, college-preparatory public charter schools that prepare students for success in college and in life. Outstanding educators, more time in school, a rigorous college-preparatory curriculum, and a strong culture of achievement and support help our students make significant academic gains. For more than 10 years, KIPP San Antonio has been redefining what is possible in public education.
KIPP San Antonio currently serves more than 2,400 students across six schools:
• KIPP Aspire Academy, founded in 2003;
• KIPP University Prep High School, founded in 2009;
• KIPP Camino Academy, founded in 2010;
• KIPP Un Mundo Dual Language Academy founded in 2012;
• KIPP Esperanza Dual Language Academy founded in 2014; and
• KIPP Poder Academy founded in 2015
In order to continue to meet the needs of San Antonio’s students and the demand for additional high-quality, college-preparatory public schools in central San Antonio, we are currently embarking on an aggressive growth plan that will allow us to serve more than 9,000 K-12 students in 15 schools. We are committed to providing our students with an excellent education – no shortcuts, no excuses!
KIPP San Antonio is part of the national KIPP network of free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public schools with a track record of preparing students in underserved communities for success in college and in life. There are currently 141 KIPP schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia serving more than 50,000 students.
Coaches will organize practice sessions and lead their team at games. Coaches will teach students responsibility, integrity and all tactical and technical components of the game. A KIPP coach’s primary responsibility is to ensure their team is academically successful.
Reports to: Athletic Director
- Attend mandatory pre-season coaches meeting
- Complete pre-season inventory sheet prior to tryout
- Complete 1 hour online Concussion Training
- Complete a tryout (Advertise tryout, generate a list, tryout plan
- Generate a league roster with phone numbers & birth dates
- Verify all players’ eligibility (Age/Academics)
- Generate a schedule that includes all team events for parents & AD
- Facilitate parent meeting
- Arrange & confirm meals with the parents on game days
- Setup parent/coach communication plan (Remind 101, Team App, etc)
- Collect paperwork (Commitment, Physicals, Uniform Agreement)
- Arrange picture day (Schedule, pass out order forms 48 hours in advance)
- Complete post season inventory
- Complete team evaluation
- Schedule equipment turn-in meeting with AD
- Confirm all games with opposing coaches at least 48 hours in advance
- Attend all practices and games & manage equipment
(The nature of adverse environmental conditions affecting the incumbent)
The Coach must work in all different weather conditions including extreme cold and extreme heat.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
- Ability to communicate effectively, attentiveness to detail and maintain emotional control under stress.
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pushing and pulling, regular heavy lifting.
- Biological exposure to bacteria and communicable disease.
- High school Diploma or GED
- Experience as a Coach
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Compensation is commensurate with years of experience, and level of expertise.
Please go to www.kippsa.org and click on the Join the Team tab.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
KIPP Public Charter Schools|