Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Arlington Heights, IL
|| Accounting/Auditing, Consulting Services, Human Resources, Legal, Research & Development
Diversity and Inclusion Director|
This location may be filled in Buffalo, Chicago or NYC
Strategy Development and Implementation
- Provides direction and oversight for the design, development, and implementation of strategic initiatives to achieve US-wide diversity and inclusion goals and aspirations for building diverse and inclusive workforce
- Consults and partners with business and HR leaders to identify, diagnose and problem solve workplace representation and inclusion problems
- Recommends optimal courses of action that are aligned to the global strategy, external trends and best practices
- Provide oversight and ensure effectiveness of 10 Employee Resource Groups
- Consulting to or serving on various committees or advisory teams (i.e. USPC, AHAB) engaged in implementing enterprise change
- Identifies opportunities for HSBC to take a leadership position in recruiting, retaining, and promoting a diverse workforce
Regulatory and legislative requirements
- Ensure compliance with the Affirmative Action and EEOC, and other related legislation in partnership with Legal, HR, and PeopleFluent
- Oversee the development and implementation of Affirmative Action Plans
- Provide recommendations and expertise with respect to affirmative action plans and goals that are realistic and actionable
- Provide strategic guidance on audit requirements as needed and act as a point of contact for regulators
- Monitor emerging regulatory issues, and ensure implications are clearly understood by key stakeholders
- Identify and escalate key risks resulting from HSBC’s diversity & inclusion practices (or the absence thereof)
Policy and governance
- Develop and implement diversity & inclusion policies and programs consistent with strategy to attract, retain and promote diverse workforce
Data analytics, monitoring & measurement
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting on progress towards HSBC’s diversity & inclusion goals; analyze data, monitor progress, and provide results & recommendations to HR and senior leaders
- Benchmark industry best practices to support strategies and evaluate US-wide progress in creating a diverse and inclusive workforce
Internal Relationship management
- Establish strong collaborative relationships with HRGs, and determine how to best achieve a diverse & inclusive culture within their teams
- Engage with business leadership and Communications team to drive D&I related messages throughout the US
- Partner with Recruitment team to implement and monitor effective diverse recruitment sources for achieving representational goals
- Provide consultation and support to committees/groups such as AHAB and Balance to determine unique requirements and alignment to US-wide initiatives
- Partner with Corporate Sustainability team to ensure efforts are aligned and ERG members are optimally engaged
External Relationship management
- Interface with external organizations to develop partnerships and further developing D&I ambitions for Attraction/Recruitment and Engagement/Retention
- Oversee and coordinate external diversity surveys
- Oversee and manage key strategic relationships and key events
Employee Resource Groups
- Manage and oversee D&I budget of $1.1M
- Manage and oversee strategy, initiatives, communications, and budget of 10 Employee Resource Groups; includes engagement with executive sponsors, ERG governance and alignment to global efforts
- Provide consultation on new/enhanced actions to support strategy such as Ally program, Returning Parents, Mental Health Awareness, Coaching Circles, and efforts to increase business and client engagement
- Ensure awareness of key ERG sponsored events to senior leaders for participation
Training & Development
- Oversee and manage participation in D&I sponsored programs (i.e. Taking the Stage, ELC, new Columbia University program)
- Oversee and manage implementation of global D&I Learning initiatives (i.e. unconscious bias e-learning)
HSBC is blazing the trail for African-American colleagues, check it out:
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Functional Expertise - Successful track record of delivering a suite of HR interventions. Expertise and passion in chosen HR specialism (e.g.
- Organizational Development, Learning & Development, Resourcing, Reward, Employee Relations, Talent Management, HR Operations, etc.).
- Corporate Exposure - Extensive HR experience within fast-moving, complex and demanding corporate environments where operational HR issues have to be handled on a large scale, and with a need to multitask and deal with ambiguity.
- Operating in global markets - Experience of working at an operational level in international environments which drive a true international perspective.
- Commercial experience in different markets and cultures.
- Managing Change - Experience of working on transformation and/or change programs across dispersed entities. Experience of working with senior teams on restructuring and re-engineering, e.g. following mergers and acquisitions.
- Exposure to Corporate Governance - Experience of diverse regulatory frameworks in large multi nationals.
- Commercial Awareness - Demonstrate up to date knowledge of the external environment, the competitive landscape and broad macro-economic trends.
- Possess an understanding of how to use this knowledge to create competitive advantage, bring traditionally siloed functional specialists together and to think holistically about human capital and organizational culture.
- Consultancy Exposure - Experience of, or exposure to, leading consultancies that set stretch benchmarks.
- Financial Management - Experience of managing departmental finances, major supplier negotiations and contract management.
- Process and Technology - Experience of delivering HR solutions through the design and application of process and technology. Defining and using relevant and competitive HR metrics.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ chapter 5: 'farmland, a skippack retreat?' ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "in the soul and spirit of life and living!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ 'fairmount' terror in the park: the series! ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~ "seeing us-a lost for words" ~'.
markia alston just became a new member.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~'alexandre dumas, author/playwrite'~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~“it came across my desk”~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~"a man of color?"~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ “out from the shadows” ~'.
christina harris just became a new member.
antoine fisher just edited his profile.
antoine fisher just commented on a poll entitled 'christians read the story about jesus in the new testament ,,,but '.
| invite friends |