Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Los Angeles, CA
|| Accounting/Auditing, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Information Technology, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Insurance, Legal, Sales, Executive Management, Research & Development
Senior Commercial Direct Relationship Manager|
Our Commercial Direct global network offers comprehensive support and services to businesses in the SME market. From expanding overseas to managing the cash and trade flows of an established enterprise, the Commercial Direct team of Relationship Managers and Product Specialists provides a range of end-to- end solutions designed to help small and large businesses reach their potential.
The Commercial Direct Relationship Manager is a phone-based position responsible for managing customers within the managed segment with accountability for sales, service, risk and operational delivery. The role has a dedicated customer portfolio and will interact with customers primarily via phone and email.
Impact on the Business/Function
- Offer suitable value-added advice to new and existing customers
- Attract new customers by establishing a strong network with key local business introducers
- Ensure proactive and appropriate relationship building and customer contact plans are in place for both existing and new customers
- Deliver appropriate products and services in response to customer needs
- Uphold credit policy and lending guidelines whilst maintaining a balanced approach to risk management
- Keep up-to-date on knowledge of HSBC’s international and domestic strategy, capabilities and policies
- Keep abreast of external factors influencing international and domestic business e.g. economic, cultural, geographical, procedural and regulatory requirements
- Work with product partners such as Payments and Cash Management (PCM), Trade and Insurance to assess needs of international and domestic customers and offer appropriate solutions
- Protect the bank’s assets and reputation by performing due diligence on the customers and their businesses, monitoring for suspicious activity/transactions and taking appropriate action as per the operating policies
Customers / Stakeholders
- Work in partnership with colleagues across the HSBC Group to improve connectivity, deliver exceptional standards and quality of service across all interactions with (prospective) customer or other professionals
- Take prompt and appropriate action to address customer complaints at the first point of contact
- Assist in the delivery of solutions that are appropriate to meet customer needs and improve customer engagement
- Be an ambassador for HSBC and develop the bank’s profile in the local business community
- Ensure fairness in all aspects of strategy, product design and delivery, sales processes, customer literature and correspondence, financial promotions, administration and complaint handling
- Enhance the Bank’s image in the marketplace by building strong relationships with (prospective) customers and third parties (e.g. accountants, lawyers, trade advisors etc.)
- Ensure early identification of problems and take appropriate action to protect customers and HSBC's interests
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
Leadership & Teamwork
- Support achievement of the HSBC vision, Values, goals and culture in personal behaviour, actions and decision making
- Provide technical leadership and support technical excellence by searching out external best practice, monitoring technical and professional developments, sharing knowledge and encouraging others to do the same in the best interests of HSBC and its customers
- Encourage and enable constructive cross-country and cross-business teamwork by demonstrating collaboration and matrix management in action and challenging actions and behaviours that are not consistent with HSBC's diversity policy and/or the best interests of the business and its customers
Operational Effectiveness & Control:
- Develop and recommend changes and improvements to operating models, procedures and practices based on subject matter expertise and understanding of HSBC and market best practice
- Communicate and adhere to HSBC policy and procedures in order to ensure good operational, financial and project management, policy and procedural compliance and early identification and effective resolution or escalation of issues that arise
- Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of a management information, analysis and reporting framework that supports and informs timely and effective business management and decision making at all levels
- Contribute to the implementation and monitoring of the application of policies, governance frameworks, procedures, practices and standards to ensure quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance
Management of Risk
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation.
- This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours that form part of the HSBC Values and culture and adhering to HSBC risk policies and procedures, including notification and escalation of any concerns and taking required action in relation to points raised by audit and/or external regulators.
- The jobholder is responsible for managing and mitigating operational risks in their day to day operations. In executing these responsibilities, the Group has adopted risk management and internal control structure referred to as the ‘Three Lines of Defence’. The jobholder should ensure they understand their position within the Three Lines of Defence, and act accordingly in line with operational risk policy, escalating in a timely manner where they are unsure of actions required.
- Through the implementation the Global AML, Sanctions and ABC Policies, supporting Guidance, and Line of Business Procedures the jobholder will make informed decisions in accordance with the core principles of HSBC's Financial Crime Risk Appetite.
- The following statement is only for roles with core responsibilities in Operational Risk Management (Risk Owner, Control Owner, Risk Steward, BRCM, and Operational Risk Function
- The jobholder has responsibility for overseeing and ensuring that Operational risks are managed in accordance with the Group Standards Manual, Risk FIM, & relevant guidelines & standards. The jobholder should comply with the detailed expectations and responsibilities for their core role in operational risk management through ensuring all actions take account of operational risks, and through using the Operational Risk Management Framework appropriately to manage those risks.
This will be achieved by:
- Continuously reassessing risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- Ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring, addressing areas of concern in conjunction with Risk and relevant line colleagues, and also by ensuring that actions resulting from points raised by internal or external audits, and external regulators, are correctly implemented in a timely fashion.
Observation of Internal Controls
- The jobholder will adhere to, and be able to demonstrate adherence to, internal controls and will implement the Group compliance policy by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures.
- The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The following statement is only for roles with managerial or specific Compliance responsibilities
- The jobholder will implement measures to contain compliance risk across the business area. This will be achieved by liaising with Compliance department about business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
HSBC is blazing the trail for African-American colleagues, check it out:
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Knowledge of the business and broader construct of HSBC’s Global Businesses
- Knowledge of relationship management and sales ideally across various banking services and products
- Strong understanding of risk management and credit mitigants and strong credit knowledge
- Ability to multitask and prioritise a range of requests / actions to best support the business
- Broad knowledge of the Bank’s structures, products and services
- Appreciation of the changing economic, social and governmental environment in US.
- Knowledge of international business and various industry sectors
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ relevant banking experience preferably with Business Banking or Commercial Banking clients
- Must have relationship or portfolio management experience
- Appreciation of a client focused environment
- Appreciation of working in a global environment
- Developing professional expertise and credibility within business
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have excellent phone and email communication skills
- Strong ‘team’ skills promoting an environment of co-operation and trust, overcoming resistance where encountered
- Possess analytical and financial skills
- Good prioritising, organisational and time management abilities
- Ability to make decisions