Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
|| Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Education and Library, Finance/Economics, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Sales, Executive Management, Research & Development, Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
Headquarters Intern - Summer 2018
Summer 2018 Headquarters Intern
KIPP DC is a non-profit network of high-performing, college-preparatory public charter schools in Washington, DC. All KIPP DC schools are tuition-free, open enrollment schools, and actively recruit and educate students in the city’s most educationally underserved communities. At KIPP DC, there are no shortcuts. Outstanding educators, more time in school, a rigorous college preparatory curriculum, and a strong culture of achievement and support help our students make significant academic gains and continue to excel in college.
We are looking for highly motivated Headquarters Interns to join the KIPP DC team for the summer of 2018. These outstanding individuals will support one or more teams in the KIPP DC headquarters office over the course of approximately eight to ten weeks, running from June through August. Specific timing is flexible based on assigned teams and individual time constraints. In addition to working on a specific project or set of projects within a functional team, Headquarters Interns will have the opportunity to engage with one another and senior staff through meetings, informational interviews, workshops, and events. Headquarters Interns will report to a member of their assigned project team as well as the Manager of Strategic Operations.
Headquarters Interns will be placed on a specific team or teams within the KIPP DC headquarters office and will work on a project or set of projects in addition to providing general support to their team and to KIPP DC through administrative and organizational tasks. Teams that may host Headquarters Interns for the summer of 2018 include those listed below. In your cover letter, please note which team(s) you are interested in.
- Academic (providing instructional guidance and support to all teachers and school leaders)
- Data (analyzing and evaluating academic data to support instruction)
- Development, Marketing, & Communications (fundraising, event planning, marketing, and design)
- Executive Support (supporting the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operating Officer)
- Family & Community Engagement (connecting students, families, and community members to KIPP DC and to experiences beyond the classroom)
- Finance (oversight of revenue and spending as well as long-term financial planning)
- Legal (legal and policy guidance)
- Operations (providing operational support for all 16 schools in a wide variety of capacities)
- Talent (human resources, recruitment, and the Capital Teaching Residency)
- High school degree required; current undergraduate or graduate students preferred
- Dedication to KIPP DC’s mission
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Willingness to take initiative; belief that no job is too big or too small
- Willingness and desire to learn
How to Apply:
Please visit www.kippdc.org/careers/ to complete an online application (including submission of a resume and cover letter) for the Headquarters Intern position. If you have any questions, please direct them to Joseph Hassine at email@example.com. This position is unpaid and course credit may be available through your academic institution. KIPP DC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation or national or ethnic origin.
KIPP Public Charter Schools|