Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Accounting/Auditing, Customer Service and Call Center, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Law Enforcement, and Security, Sales, Executive Management, Research & Development
Vice President Area Service Manager|
Lead a team of Branch Service Managers that provide for and ensure operational and service excellence within all branches within assigned Area, on a functional basis. Works closely with Branch , Area , US Network Management as required to support these activities.
Impact on the Business
- Manage and ensure operational soundness, service excellence, compliance and oversight of branches in respective areas. Work closely with Area , Branch Service Managers and Branch Managers as required to support these activities. Ensure operational and service personnel recognize and act on the needs of the client (wealth management activities within the branch is under the supervision and management of the Brokerage business and requires full licensing).
- Respond to and investigate various emergency situations at assigned branches, including robberies, large differences defalcations, etc. as required.
- Provide direct coaching to Branch Service Managers and Floating Branch Service Managers within assigned branches.Support and coach branch sales staff around process at account opening , maintenance, KYC / AML standards.
- Ensure operational and regulatory integrity is maintained throughout the Area including branch reviews, continuous monitoring, AML, branch appearance, TRAC compliance reviews, completion of regulatory training events.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Cultivate and own customer experience within the branches of assigned Area ensuring service excellence in every point of customer contact.
- Ensure prompt resolution of all customer service related issues and complaints working with service and branch management as required.
- Support and provide guidance around customer save reports.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Conduct monthly operational meetings and weekly operational calls with Branch Service Managers , review reference guide for clarification purposes to address branch concerns. Meet weekly with assigned Area Manager as outlined within TOM. Review operational circulars with team. Serve as liason between branches and multiple support to address issues surrounding all aspects of branch operations from facilities to security, BCRM, etc. participate in monthly Branch Manager meetings.
- Participate in audit exit interviews and ensure significant and/or recurring issues are corrected and communicated throughout assigned Area(s); ensure follow-up visits/reviews until performance reaches acceptable level. Meet regularly with branch and service management and employees in assigned Area(s) to communicate new procedures, review audit results, address defalcations and share best practices.
- Work with training personnel to identify branch-related training needs and train and coach branch staff. Coordinate, complete and/or monitor required regulatory training, annual security reviews and annual compliance reviews for all branches within assigned Areas (in some geographic locations, could have responsibility as sole Branch Operations support).
- Lead and develop an effective team through communication, performance management, development plans and reward/recognition practices.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Ensure supervision of operational support to the branch network within assigned Area(s), through interpreting, initiating, developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating policies, procedures, programs, regulations and related projects. Resolve escalated operational issues as required.
- Provide onsite support for branch projects, including opening new branches, closing/consolidating branches and branch sales.
- Serve as liaison between branches and multiple support areas to address issues related to all aspects of branch operations from facilities to security and regulatory matters.
- To implement the Group compliance policy locally by containing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Global Business Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Supports service and operational activities across multiple branches within an assigned area, through functional management of Branch Service Managers, Floating Branch Service Managers and their teams.
- The position requires significant travel within and outside of assigned Area(s) and occasional support outside assignment.
- Management of Risk (Operational Risk / FIM requirements)
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
HSBC is blazing the trail for African-American colleagues, check it out:
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum of eight years proven and progressive branch banking and operations and service experience or equivalent.
- Bachelors degree in business, finance, related field or equivalent experience.
- Strong managerial, communications, leadership, customer service, problem-solving, lateral thinking, organizational, decision making, analytical, interpersonal and project management skills.
- Working knowledge of branch delivery system, policies, procedures and regulations related to branch processes, retail/commercial products and organization structure for assigned District(s).
- Flexible in schedule and travel to address unexpected situations.
- Ability to manage staff on a functional basis.