Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
|| Education and Library, Information Technology, Collegiate Faculty, Staff, Administration, Research & Development
Gaston campus: Middle grades 5-8 teachers (English support, Math, Science)
KIPP ENC is part of a national network of over 200 college preparatory, free public schools with a 20 year record of preparing students in under-served communities for success in academics and life.
KIPP ENC started with KIPP Gaston Middle School --a single school on a peanut field in 2001 and has grown into 6 schools, educating nearly, 2,000 students in K-12 in Gaston, Halifax, and Durham, N.C.
We are currently accepting applications for experienced middle grades teachers ( for Science, English, and Math) for the 2018-19 academic year. We are seeking candidates committed to our mission of empowering all of our students with the skills, knowledge, and character necessary to succeed at the college of their choice, strengthen our community, and fight for social justice.
Our teachers are talented and committed educators who will aid in the establishment of curriculum and culture as they develop a world-class education program from the stages of vision to execution. Teachers will work closely with our school leadership team to ensure our students learn, grow, and eventually achieve transformative life outcomes. Each teacher will be responsible for ensuring that our students have the opportunity to learn in an environment that is joyful and rigorous. Teachers are expected to work as part of an interdisciplinary team and be accountable for students’ mastery of academic standards.
The ideal teacher will find joy and purpose in teaching children the habits necessary to be successful in school, and will relish the opportunity to imbue our students with a love for learning, and have a "do whatever it takes" attitude.
- Experience and success with historically under-served populations of students
- Communicate effectively with students, families, and colleagues
- Unquestioned integrity and commitment to KIPP ENC's mission and community
- Receive and respond appropriately to formal and informal feedback from teammates, principal, students and parents and view this as a tool to improve and grow
- Strong desire and commitment to teach in an academically intense curriculum and extended school day
- Strong content knowledge in area applying to teach
- Strong work ethic and stamina to work extended hours
- A "do whatever it takes attitude" to help our students reach academic excellence
- Demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy that every minute of every day is learning time by preparing and executing engaging lessons
- Critical thinker
- Valid NC certification is helpful but not required
- Bachelor’s degree (required)
KIPP Eastern NC Public Schools offers a generous compensation package. All teachers are equipped with the tools needed to succeed, including weekly professional development, collaboration with peers and other KIPP network teachers, full health and retirement benefits, leadership pathways, laptop computer, smartphone,support with NC teaching certification and renewal, and competitive salaries.
KIPP Public Charter Schools|
david johnson just became a new member.
calvin cannon just became a new member.
frederick roberts just posted a blog entitled 'indian co-ed moriah colbert is new miss prairie view a&m university'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "ironically speaking!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ chapter 5: 'farmland, a skippack retreat?' ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "in the soul and spirit of life and living!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ 'fairmount' terror in the park: the series! ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~ "seeing us-a lost for words" ~'.
markia alston just became a new member.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~'alexandre dumas, author/playwrite'~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~“it came across my desk”~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~"a man of color?"~'.
| invite friends |