Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
|| Education and Library, Finance/Economics, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Logistics, Research & Development, Medical
To apply, please visit: http://www.kippcolorado.org/careers/Apply-Now.cfm
At KIPP Colorado Schools, all students will learn and achieve.
KIPP Colorado Schools is part of the national KIPP network of tuition-free, open enrollment college-preparatory public charter schools dedicated to preparing students from underserved communities for success in college and life.
Who we are: KIPP Colorado Schools is a network of five high-performing, college-preparatory public charter schools. We educate students in grades 9-12 at KIPP Denver Collegiate High School, and grades 5-8 at KIPP Sunshine Peak Academy and KIPP Northeast Denver Middle School. For the 2017-18 school year, KIPP Northeast Elementary will educate students in ECE through third grade and KIPP Northeast Denver Leadership Academy will educate students in grades 9-11. By the 2018-19 school year, KIPP Northeast Elementary will grow to educate students in ECE through fourth grade and KIPP Northeast Denver Leadership Academy will educate students in grades 9-12.
What we do: We set clearly defined and measurable high expectations for academic achievement and conduct in order to create and reinforce a culture of achievement and support. We know that every student is different and we personalize learning based on a student’s needs, skills, and interests.
How we do it: Great schools require great teachers and school leaders. We empower our educators to lead school teams, and we invest in training to help them grow as professionals. Our schools provide a safe, structured, and nurturing environment with minimal distractions and more time for both academics and extra-curriculars, so our students love school and maximize their learning.
Why it matters: Great education transforms lives. At KIPP Colorado Schools, teachers, students, and families are all united around the same goal: college and a choice-filled life. We believe that an excellent college-preparatory education will set students up for success in whatever life path they choose. Through collective hard work and commitment, KIPP students complete college at a rate that is above the national average for all students and four times higher than that of students from similar economic backgrounds.
About the Assistant Principal Position
The Assistant Principal reports to the Principal. In support of the mission of KIPP Colorado, the Assistant Principal is responsible for leading and building capacity of all Grade Chairs, Department Chairs, and teachers to implement and continuously develop exceptional instruction, a strong focus on results and continuous improvement, and a culture of consistent and high expectations. The Assistant Principal works from the belief that excellent schools develop and sustain the capacity for teachers to lead and take ownership of their classroom, grade level, and school’s success. The Assistant Principal manages and leads teachers and teacher leaders to be their most effective in empowering students to achieve at high levels and grow in personal character. The ideal candidate possesses instructional and coaching experience in math and science.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage a cohort of teachers to achieve their individual development goals, coordinate action plans for professional growth, and evaluate progress in each goal
- Provide continuous coaching and evaluation on all competencies of the KIPP Colorado Teaching Competency Model
- Support the development of teacher-driven professional goals through a regular observation process, including pre-observation conferencing, observation, and post-observation conferencing
- Perform 12-week performance reviews of a cohort of teachers
- Collaborate with the Principal to plan and implement teacher professional development, including coordination of action research collaboratives and whole-staff professional development sessions
Curriculum & Assessment Leadership
- Manage and oversee Department Chairs; support them in curriculum alignment, development, data analysis, and planning and running team meetings
- Oversee and ensure accountable implementation of assessment design and data analysis; accountable forms of assessment include daily, weekly, 6-week unit exams, MAP/ACT interims, mid-term exams, and final-exams.
- Evaluate whole school performance data to make holistic as well as individual recommendations for improving school-wide instructional practices, with specific attention to supporting English Language Learners
- Serve as Site Assessment Leader and facilitate TCAP, Interim, MAP, and other assessment operations and analysis
School Culture & Character Development Leadership
- Advise Principal on processes and protocols for enhancing school culture and determine when and how to modify rituals, systems and practices for the overall betterment of the school
- Oversee consistent implementation and upholding of cultural expectations
- Manage Grade Level Chairs’ implementation of grade level and school-wide culture plans
- Support teachers with student accountability and discipline matters, including coordinating and facilitating student-teacher interventions and parent-teacher-student interventions.
- Co-manage the school’s summer orientation sessions
- Manage responses to parent concerns not resolved at the teacher or Grade Chair level
- Manage academic and cultural programming in all grade levels
- Coordinate all logistics and planning for end-of-year trips and quarterly team and family trips, including planning and implementing trip preparations throughout the year
- Manage Summer School (if applicable)
- Co-lead Saturday School with the Principal (if applicable)
- Co-manage Detention with the Principal/ Assistant Principal
- Co-manage Lunch Duty with the Principal/Assistant Principal
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 4 years of teaching experience and a strong record of helping underserved students achieve academic success
- Significant experience with curriculum development and instructional methodology
- Past experience leading adults in a school environment
- Flexibility and willingness to actively participate in school community including, but not limited to: teaching classes and tutoring students, chaperoning overnight school trips, working with parents and families
- Outstanding organizational skills and high attention to detail; outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage the ambiguity and multiple priorities inherent in an entrepreneurial environment
- Proactive problem solver who demonstrates initiative and teamwork
- Strong work ethic coupled with an enthusiastic and passionate approach to one’s work
- Commitment to the belief that all students can learn and to the mission of educational equity
- Spanish bilingual preferred
This position will begin July 2, 2018. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Employee benefits include medical, dental, participation in PERA, and a paid time-off package.
KIPP Colorado Schools is dedicated to equal employment opportunities and fair labor practices. KIPP Colorado Schools, KIPP Denver Collegiate High School, KIPP Northeast Denver Middle School, KIPP Northeast Elementary, KIPP Northeast Denver Leadership Academy, and KIPP Sunshine Peak Academy provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications, and the ability to perform a job without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religious creed, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, legally protected medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, or on any other basis made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. It is our policy to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
KIPP Public Charter Schools|
david johnson just became a new member.
calvin cannon just became a new member.
frederick roberts just posted a blog entitled 'indian co-ed moriah colbert is new miss prairie view a&m university'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "ironically speaking!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ chapter 5: 'farmland, a skippack retreat?' ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "in the soul and spirit of life and living!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ 'fairmount' terror in the park: the series! ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~ "seeing us-a lost for words" ~'.
markia alston just became a new member.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~'alexandre dumas, author/playwrite'~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~“it came across my desk”~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~"a man of color?"~'.
| invite friends |