Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Accounting/Auditing, Banking, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Information Technology, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Legal, Executive Management, Research & Development
Middle Market Enterprises Associate Relationship Manager|
HSBC provides financial services solutions to Mid-Market Enterprises (MME) with sophisticated domestic and cross border banking requirements in a variety of industry sectors all over the world. Leveraging the strength, scope and expertise of our global product network, HSBC is positioned as an essential partner to customers seeking to maximise their potential internationally, offering streamlined business access to HSBC’s international network and broad range of market leading banking products and services.
The Mid-Market Enterprise (MME) Relationship Support role assists Relationship Managers (RMs) in building relationships by identifying and meeting existing and prospective customer needs. This role is responsible for identifying product and service opportunities, carrying out customer research, financial and credit analysis and helping the RM prepare for customer meetings. Other fundamental parts of the role include credit analysis, co-ordination of credit applications or renewals and risk escalation management. In the absence of the RM, the role holder will act as the focal point for the relationship, products and services.
Impact on the Business/Function
- Provide a wide spectrum of support to the Relationship Managers (RMs) to enable them to meet customer needs, improve client engagement and maximize operational efficiency
- Enable proactive client management by attending client meetings with Relationship Manager as necessary and acting as the first point of contact for customers on daily credit-related enquiries
- Prepare appropriate analysis, proposals and presentations to prospective customers
- Support the RM on day-to-day activities including client planning, pipeline management, coordination with product partners and ensuring data and call reports are accurately and timely updated
- Undertake financial, credit and profitability analysis, and prepare the accounts remarks
- Support the RM with third party liaison, including discussions with external lawyers and values
- Work closely with Service Delivery and co-ordinate the end-to-end credit process, review their deliverables and resolve issues
- Monitor credit risk including concern lists and credit control reports, and analyse management information
- Provide ongoing risk monitoring in areas concerning Global Standards and Anti-Money Laundering & Sanctions alerts, and act as an escalation point for risk issue response
- Ensure consistent application of Group Policy and adhere to regulatory, financial, and legal standards to minimize business and reputational risks
Customers / Stakeholders
- Become fully involved in negotiations and pitches to clients alongside the RM to optimise the potential value of client relationships and deliver solutions, products and service appropriate to meet client needs and improve engagement
- Support the RM assigned portfolios to achieve plan whilst also ensuring operational integrity and compliance
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
Leadership & Teamwork
- Support achievement of the HSBC vision, Values, goals and culture in personal behaviour, actions and decision making
- Provide technical leadership and support technical excellence by searching out external best practice, monitoring technical and professional developments, sharing knowledge and encouraging others to do the same in the best interests of HSBC and its customers
- Encourage and enable constructive cross-country and cross-business teamwork by demonstrating collaboration and matrix management in action and challenging actions and behaviours that are not consistent with HSBC's diversity policy and/or the best interests of the business and its customers
Operational Effectiveness & Control:
- Develop and recommend changes and improvements to operating models, procedures and practices based on subject matter expertise and understanding of HSBC and market best practice
- Communicate and adhere to HSBC policy and procedures in order to ensure good operational, financial and project management, policy and procedural compliance and early identification and effective resolution or escalation of issues that arise
- Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of a management information, analysis and reporting framework that supports and informs timely and effective business management and decision making at all levels
- Contribute to the implementation and monitoring of the application of policies, governance frameworks, procedures, practices and standards to ensure quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance
Management of Risk
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation.
- This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours that form part of the HSBC Values and culture and adhering to HSBC risk policies and procedures, including notification and escalation of any concerns and taking required action in relation to points raised by audit and/or external regulators.
- The jobholder is responsible for managing and mitigating operational risks in their day to day operations. In executing these responsibilities, the Group has adopted risk management and internal control structure referred to as the ‘Three Lines of Defence’. The jobholder should ensure they understand their position within the Three Lines of Defence, and act accordingly in line with operational risk policy, escalating in a timely manner where they are unsure of actions required.
- Through the implementation the Global AML, Sanctions and ABC Policies, supporting Guidance, and Line of Business Procedures the jobholder will make informed decisions in accordance with the core principles of HSBC's Financial Crime Risk Appetite.
- The following statement is only for roles with core responsibilities in Operational Risk Management (Risk Owner, Control Owner, Risk Steward, BRCM, and Operational Risk Function
- The jobholder has responsibility for overseeing and ensuring that Operational risks are managed in accordance with the Group Standards Manual, Risk FIM, & relevant guidelines & standards. The jobholder should comply with the detailed expectations and responsibilities for their core role in operational risk management through ensuring all actions take account of operational risks, and through using the Operational Risk Management Framework appropriately to manage those risks.
This will be achieved by:
- Continuously reassessing risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- Ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring, addressing areas of concern in conjunction with Risk and relevant line colleagues, and also by ensuring that actions resulting from points raised by internal or external audits, and external regulators, are correctly implemented in a timely fashion.
Observation of Internal Controls
- The jobholder will adhere to, and be able to demonstrate adherence to, internal controls and will implement the Group compliance policy by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures.
- The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The following statement is only for roles with managerial or specific Compliance responsibilities
- The jobholder will implement measures to contain compliance risk across the business area. This will be achieved by liaising with Compliance department about business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
HSBC is blazing the trail for African-American colleagues, check it out:
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Broad knowledge of the Bank’s structures, products and services
- Appreciation of the changing economic, social and governmental environment in U.S.
- Knowledge of international business and various industry sectors
- Minimum 5 years experience in a client focused environment with a demonstrated understanding of commercial lending and risk assessment.
- Appreciation of working in a global environment
- Developing professional expertise and credibility within business
- Strong ‘team’ skills promoting an environment of co-operation and trust, overcoming resistance where encountered
- Possess analytical and financial skills
- Good prioritising, organisational and time management abilities
- Ability to make decisions
- Good verbal and written communications skills
david johnson just became a new member.
calvin cannon just became a new member.
frederick roberts just posted a blog entitled 'indian co-ed moriah colbert is new miss prairie view a&m university'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "ironically speaking!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ chapter 5: 'farmland, a skippack retreat?' ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "in the soul and spirit of life and living!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ 'fairmount' terror in the park: the series! ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~ "seeing us-a lost for words" ~'.
markia alston just became a new member.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~'alexandre dumas, author/playwrite'~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~“it came across my desk”~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~"a man of color?"~'.
| invite friends |