Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Accounting/Auditing, Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Banking, Customer Service and Call Center, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Information Technology, Insurance, Legal, Retail/Wholesale, Sales, Executive Management, Research & Development
VP Cluster Branch Manager|
Lead the teams in assigned cluster of branches (2-3) to drive business performance through acquisition, coaching, business development and retention of customer relationships. Manage the sales culture through all levels in assigned branches to meet and exceed established sales and revenue goals (ultimate supervision for the sale and servicing of investment and insurance products lies within HSBC Securities (USA) Inc.). Accountable for overall operational and servicing activities of the branch in conjunction with Branch Service personnel. Personally contributes to overall branch growth, performance and business development. This role, operating in a highly competitive, complex, regulatory, global environment, will lead the branches through the transformational journey in the US.
Ensure the effective implementation of a Wealth Management-led Premium Bank strategy to drive and grow profitable Premier, Advance and Business Banking relationships while continuing to support and enhance our retail client base. This will be achieved through the consistent sale and servicing of financial service products within the branch. Accountable for the implementation of face-to-face delivery of the RBWM plan, including overall structure, sales goals, profitability, performance and leads/sales prospect management.
Refer investment opportunities to Advisors pursuant to appropriate FINRA registrations under HSBC Securities (USA) Inc. ("HSI").
Refer insurance opportunities to Advisors pursuant to contracted insurance carriers appointed by HSBC Insurance Agency (USA) Inc. ("HIA").
Refer mortgage products to other specialized product areas, such as Consumer Mortgage, as required.
Impact on the Business
- Provide leadership and direct management to all branches within cluster (2 -3) to achieve operating plan and support the transformation of the Company to a Wealth Management-led Premium Bank focused on growth.
- Drive and lead sales and service activities across face-to-face channel to ensure the customer experience and sales opportunities are optimized within the respective global propositions and that the customer experience is consistent regardless of the channel through which they interact with us whether human or digital.
- Ensure close connection between market trends/client needs and ultimate product/channel delivery and business strategy, driving projects in response to local market changes and opportunities and in line with HSBC Group strategy.
- Participate in and support development of a sales and service culture including establishment and pro-active management of the sales funnel. Champion and drive branch sales and service initiatives to increase the Company's market share and relationships across current and potential delivery channels, with a focus on growth on Premier, Plus/Advance, Wealth Management and Business Banking. Articulate customer needs to senior and functional management to ensure marketplace needs are met.
- Originate and support initiatives to generate income, contain costs and mitigate/reduce operational losses. Eliminate "non-value add" activities to ensure focus on business priorities is not deflected or diluted. Direct the migration of low value, high volume activities to Direct Channels.
- Manage branch cluster profitability and ensure clients are working with appropriate sales professionals across business lines.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Be a champion for the HSBC brand in market served.
Promote the Group's global brand; promote the bank's profile in the community and drive others to do the same. Drive the HSBC customer recommendation.
- Represent the Company on community organizations and activities to enhance the Company's image and promote and develop additional business through the development and expansion of referral sources. Refer to the HNAH Code of Ethics policy and Wealth Management Staff Dealing policy including Outside Business Activity (OBAs) to ensure that above community and outside activities do not present an actual or potential conflict of interest and do not have an adverse impact with respect to job responsibilities at HSBC. HSI Supervisor and Compliance should be consulted in addition to review of Code of Ethics policy and Wealth Management policy for Outside Business Activity.
- Develop and maintain an expert knowledge of the customer base, market trends and competitor activities to influence or adjust branch direction accordingly. Seek continuous improvement in people and process.
- Establish and maintain a community presence through the implementation of call programs and active participation in industry associations and community organizations. Ensure we meet all CRA requirements associated with assigned branches.
- Maintain strong communication links with key partners and stakeholders to support the effective implementation of multi-channel strategic plans.
- Resource assigned branches appropriately by recruiting and retaining the highest quality, customer-centric people. Foster a customer-centric ethos and use customer insight to continually enhance the customer experience.
- Accompany sales personnel on calls for larger and/or more complex accounts and/or clients.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Ensure activities are consistent across branches managed and the provision of superior customer service with a customer-driven approach. Ensure adherence to established customer interaction standards for every transaction.
- Create an environment that engenders HSBC's desired culture and facilitates on-going investment in its people.
- Maintain close relationships across segments to generate cross-sell opportunities. Exhibit leadership within assigned cluster of branches to develop and implement new marketing concepts and plan ideas.
- Manage and guide staff in the sales process model, personal financial review, product knowledge and proper sales techniques of traditional and non-traditional products to current and potential clients to expand customer relationships, meet established sales objectives and contribute to maximized economic profit.
- Role as broker-dealer Registered Representative
- Assist in coaching and mentoring of other Series 6 and Insurance qualified sales representatives, including encouraging customer engagement, needs based client reviews, and other client engagement related activities, consistent with the level of licensing and for the purposes of referrals to the appropriate brokerage staff. Brokerage business and supervisory structure of HSBC Securities (USA) Inc., as determined by its senior management. Ultimate supervision for the sale and servicing of investment and insurance products lies within HSBC Securities (USA) Inc.).
- Ensure compliance with Company Nondeposit Investment Product policies and procedures, including the requirements of the Interagency Statement on Retail Sales of Nondeposit Investment Products.
- Lead and develop an effective team through communication, performance management, development plans and reward/recognition practices.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Manage all face-to-face activities and related operational and support activities to achieve operating plan.
- Execute a strategy that migrates routine and lower value activity to direct/assisted channels to allow branches to focus on high value sales and transactions.
- Implement supervisory responsibilities that are reasonably designed to ensure compliance with the laws, regulations and ethical standards of the securities industry applicable to assigned branch offices.
- Ensure credit policies, audit and regulatory requirements are followed across assigned branch cluster. Ensure development of team skills to ensure the right people are in the right position.
- Provide strong oversight over all regulatory and compliance matters, including the management of operational risk for assigned area. Ensure Anti-Money Laundering (AML)/Know Your Customer (KYC) meet all regulatory and Group standards. Foster ethics that make adherence the way we do business.
- Continually re-assess operational risks associated with the role and inherent risk in the business, taking into account changing economic and market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management structuring and impact of new technology.
- To implement the Group compliance policy locally by containing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Global Business Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- The Company seeks to grow its RBWM business through an efficient operation and the pursuit of providing clients with globally consistent experiences, excellent service, and advice on products and services appropriate to client needs to enhance that value.
- Transforming to RBWM and a segmented offering-giving of customers with more complex needs a higher value in return.
- Focusing of most efficient and effective channel to deliver reductions in cost and increase in sales efficiency.
- Ensuring the sales plan is delivered with the integrity and reputational objectives of the Company.
- Challenging and complex regulatory environment.
- Leveraging multiple delivery channels, creating value and competitive advantage within cluster of branches managed and in partnership with colleagues in RBWM to offer a truly differentiated service proposition.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues., The physical demands/work environment described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Ensure fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything that we do, both personally, and as an organization through consistently displaying the behaviors required to support HSBC principles and values.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- The incumbent will ensure 100% adherence to completion of HSBC mandatory training and any required compliance and risk-related training courses.
HSBC is blazing the trail for African-American colleagues, check it out:
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum of seven years proven and progressive branch banking and/or commercial lending experience or equivalent, including a minimum of four years proven and progressive management experience or equivalent.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business, finance, related field or equivalent experience; Masters degree in business administration or equivalent experience preferred.
- Series 6, 63, Life and Health Insurance Licenses required. On an exception basis a sixty day contingency may be granted solely at management's discretion (this period is full-time study, with no client contact). Licenses are required to coach licensed sales professionals related to client engagement and discovery of client needs. When needs are discovered, referral of all investment and insurance opportunities with both potential and existing customers are referred to Advisors (supervision is from HSBC Securities (USA) Inc.).
- Very strong sales management, managerial, marketing, sales, planning, financial, leadership, motivational, coaching, sales, project management, cross selling, mathematical, decision making, analytical and communications skills.
- Thorough knowledge of the credit approval process, pertinent regulations impacting consumer and commercial banking activities and delivery systems and channels, including market potential.
- Understanding of the unique markets serviced.
- Thorough understanding of the customer service concept and its importance in developing, maintaining and expanding account relationships.
- Ability to provide robust activity management principles, through strong coaching, leadership and sales management skills to drive daily sales activity.
- Ability to develop personal and business new Bank customers.