Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Arlington Heights, IL
|| Accounting/Auditing, Computers, Software, Information Technology, Military, Executive Management, Quality Control, Research & Development
Manager Business Risk & Control Management|
Business Risk & Control Management (BRCM) promotes, supports and ensures the Business Management owns its risk and controls as the first line of defense to Operational Risk.
The Business Risk & Control Manager will support the BRCM Team in the execution of an effective risk management program within business/function area of responsibility. Primary responsibilities will include management of issues and action data quality and reporting, assisting in operational risk assessments, management and oversight of the control monitoring/testing environment, and development of the BRCM monitoring plan.
The position may also have responsibilities related to a variety of other risk and control related areas, as identified by management. All responsibilities will be conducted in compliance with applicable regulations and internal standards.
- Assist in the development and execution of the review plan to evaluate the design and test the effectiveness of key controls.
- Demonstrate a sound holistic and technical understanding of pertinent business areas and Group requirements as detailed in Group Standards Manuals and Functional Instruction Manuals (FIM); set example for others.
- Manage the implementation and plan to achieve the risk management goals of the Business Manager as defined by the Group standards and/or other internal procedure. This includes various testing, tracking and reporting requirements.
- Review documented testing details and results utilizing internal control testing methodologies and standard work papers to enable control assessments.
- Monitor and analyze operational metrics that are meaningful indicators to specific business/function.
- Utilize risk and control database(s) for management and reporting of operational risk profile.
- Manage special projects as assigned by BRCM Management.
- Provide support and training for Business Risk and Control Analysts and business/function management.
- Exhibit solid time management to complete internal control reviews and all responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Promote self-development through research, using Group and other resources.
- Maintain HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Manage issues and actions monthly to ensure required updates and alignment with respective lines of defense.
- Ensure a comprehensive evalauation and maintenance of issues and actions in ORION.
- Educate and train staff to ensure clear understanding of all aspects of issue maintenance.
- Applicable to Compliance.
- Manage identification of compliance risks and associated controls, report results of control testing, identify trends, and escalate issues.
- Management and execution of a Compliance Risk & Control Testing plan, including remediation plans.
- Identify and escalate compliance related Management Self-Identified Issues in a timely manner.
- Document and monitor progress of remedial actions for issues identified by others, including Internal Audit, TRAC, regulators, third party consultants, and ERA Risk Assessments.
- Review appropriate MIS/reporting for business/ function management, including material compliance risks and control issues.
- Decision-Making Responsibility:
- Performs according to prescribed procedures.
- Daily discretion within assigned authority. Decisions beyond assigned authority are referred to higher levels of management for approval.
Management of Risk
Observation of Internal Controls
HSBC is blazing the trail for African-American colleagues, check it out:
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum five years’ experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- Background in Banking, risk management, accounting and / or internal audit
- Accounting, Audit, Risk or Compliance professional designation preferred
- Ability to understand, identify, and challenge key risks and controls that require testing within processes
- Analytical and review skills with the ability to draw the correct conclusions from reviews
- Time management skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Understand and ensure compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved
- Ability to work professionally with all levels of staff and management
- Strong written & oral communication skills
- Strong teamwork, organization, complex problem resolution, initiative
- Sound judgment, keen sense of urgency, and high level of professional and personal integrity
- Ability to assist in the training and development of the analyst staff