Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
|| Customer Service and Call Center, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Restaurant and Food Service, Transportation, Purchasing, Logistics, Quality Control, Research & Development, Medical, Energy / Utilities
Director of Operations
KIPP (Knowledge is Power Program) is a national network of free, open enrollment, college preparatory schools dedicated to preparing students in underserved communities for success in college and in life. There are 209 KIPP schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia serving more than 88,000 students. KIPP Metro Atlanta currently operates eight KIPP schools including four middle schools, three primary schools and one high school, as well as, the KIPP Through College Program which supports students on their journey “to and through” college.
KIPP MAC provides financial and operational support and oversight to KIPP Metro Atlanta schools, develops instructional initiatives designed to strengthen the schools’ academic programs, and implements each school’s high school placement and alumni services through the KIPP Through College Program.
Reporting to the Regional Shared Service Team and Principal, the Director of Operations is a senior, school-based leadership role that oversees all finance and operations functions necessary to run a high-performing school campus. This includes budgeting, purchasing, facilities, food services, transportation, technology, medical/health services, school safety, student recruitment, student data, regulatory compliance, human resource support, and academic operations support. The Director of Operations serves as a key member of the School Leadership Team, acts as the Principal’s right hand, ensuring that campus operations meet high standards of operational excellence, and enables instructional leaders and staff to focus on driving strong student achievement outcomes.
The Director of Operations will be responsible for support up to two Principals and a campus with 800-1000 students and managing two budgets totaling $9 million.
School Operations Leadership &
Operations Team Management
- Serves as the eyes and ears of the campus to ensure that all school operations run seamlessly each and every day, proactively problem solving and developing systems where needed
- In partnership with the Principal and the region, implements the campus-wide operations vision that supports and operationalizes the academic and cultural vision of the schools
- Plays a leadership role in developing the schools strategic annual plan and budget, and facilitates campus wide operations planning
- Hires, manages, coaches, and develops school operations team members
- Holds school operations team and vendors accountable to goals and outcomes
- Serves as the primary point of contact for the Regional Shared Service Team, responding to requests and collaborating with teammates across the region to build scalable, region-wide systems, policies, and procedures
- Serves as "admin on duty" in the absence of the Principal and during coverage of athletic events or other extracurricular activities
- Works closely with the Principal to develop the school’s annual budget and actively manages the school budget throughout the year
- Manages the campus purchasing process by establishing clear systems for staff to request items, placing orders with vendors, tracking delivery, and coding and submitting purchase orders, invoices, and reimbursement requests; approves school purchases under a specific financial threshold
- Serves as the first school-based point of contact regarding finance and works with regional Finance team to ensure financial compliance and reporting
- Manages Title I budget and compliance
Facilities & Maintenance
- Oversees most facilities issues, including maintenance, managing staff/vendors, aesthetics, shared space agreements, and campus safety
- Regularly conducts facilities walkthroughs and liaises with custodial staff/vendors to ensure that the facility looks clean, professional, warm and inviting
- Ensures that the main office is neat, organized, welcoming and has all important parent facing materials
Student & Family Services (School Ops; Communications; Field Lessons/Events)
- Oversees food service administration, setting and managing meal schedules, staff duty schedules, and student transitions for all meals
- Oversees transportation, including campus arrival and dismissal procedures, setting and managing staff duty schedules for arrival and dismissal
- Owns logistics of communications and external relations through parent letters, weekly staff notes, and surveys; serves as campus liaison with regional shared service staff
- Owns all logistics (e.g. transportation, lodging, meals, staffing plan, etc.) of all off-site field lessons and all on-site special events (Report Card Nights, Performances, Graduation, staff celebrations, etc.)
- Serves as point person for hosting visitors on school tours
Technology & Equipment
- Ensures that students and staff have access to needed technology and works with regional Technology Team to plan technology related enhancements
- Leads the campus opening/start up process each year to ensure that doors are ready to open by ordering furniture, equipment, and instructional supplies are ready to go
- Manages the school’s supply and asset inventory (e.g. computers, textbooks)
Student Information, Testing, and Academic Operations Support
- Manages systems for and maintains accurate student data and information in compliance with federal, state, regional, and campus expectations
- Lead student assessment process, working closely with the Assistant Principal to fully manage the logistical elements of all major student assessments
- Manages logistics of report cards/progress reports/transcripts
Student Recruitment & Enrollment
- In collaboration with the regional shared service team, develops and manages student recruitment strategy to ensure that the school begins the academic year with full classes and actively recruits to fill open seats
- Ensures that parent info sessions, school tours, and the lottery and enrollment process are tightly planned and executed
Risk Management, Compliance, and HR Administration
- Ensure that the school is prepared for emergencies by conducting all drills and training staff on emergency plans
- Partners with regional Talent Team on the new hire process (e.g. interviews, new hire offer letters, onboarding)
- Ensures all visitors and personnel interacting with students have appropriate background checks on file; and schools comply with all areas of legal compliance (e.g. HR, FERPA, etc.)
- Completes the exit form for terminating employees and partners with the regional Talent Team on any action items surrounding the exit logistics
- Reviews time-off data provided by the Talent Team to ensure accuracy and assess leave trends
- Partners with the regional Talent Team to communicate leave needs and critical dates, and assists in facilitation of employee leaves
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree preferred
- 10 years minimum work experience, preferably in education and/or business or operations management
- 3 years minimum work experience managing a team and large projects
- 3 years minimum work experience with financial oversight and budget management
- Strong project and time management skills; ability to effectively backwards plan, juggle multiple priorities with great attention to detail, and deliver consistent and timely results
- Strong strategic and analytical skills with an aptitude systems-building
- Sense of humility, urgency, and customer service mindset
- Strong ability to proactively solve problems and make decisions quickly
- Team player with strong interpersonal and stakeholder management and relationship building skills
- Ability to lead, influence, and hold others accountable to high standards of operational excellence
- Ability to be calm under pressure, especially in difficult conversations with parents and staff
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Power Point and Microsoft Excel
- Desire to continuously learn and increase effectiveness as a professional
- Unwavering commitment to KIPP’s mission and willingness to go above and beyond to meet the needs of KIPP students, families, and staff
Interested candidates should submit an application online - http://kippmetroatlanta.org/apply.asp
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. A competitive benefits package will also be offered.
Statement of Non-Discrimination
KIPP Metro Atlanta is committed to a policy of equal treatment for all individuals applying to the school. KIPP Metro Atlanta does not discriminate based on race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.
KIPP Public Charter Schools|
david johnson just became a new member.
calvin cannon just became a new member.
frederick roberts just posted a blog entitled 'indian co-ed moriah colbert is new miss prairie view a&m university'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "ironically speaking!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ chapter 5: 'farmland, a skippack retreat?' ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "in the soul and spirit of life and living!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ 'fairmount' terror in the park: the series! ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~ "seeing us-a lost for words" ~'.
markia alston just became a new member.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~'alexandre dumas, author/playwrite'~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~“it came across my desk”~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~"a man of color?"~'.
| invite friends |