Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
|| Education and Library, Finance/Economics, Information Technology, Research & Development, Energy / Utilities
KIPP (Knowledge is Power Program) is a national network of free, open enrollment, college preparatory schools dedicated to preparing students in underserved communities for success in college and in life. There are 209 KIPP schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia serving nearly 90,000 students. KIPP Metro Atlanta currently operates eight KIPP schools including four middle schools, three primary schools and one high school, as well as, the KIPP Through College Program which supports students on their journey “to and through” college.
KIPP MAC provides financial and operational support and oversight to KIPP Metro Atlanta schools, develops instructional initiatives designed to strengthen the schools’ academic programs, and implements each school’s high school placement and alumni services through the KIPP Through College Program.
The RTI Coordinator position will serve students in the elementary setting (K-4th). This position will be responsible for the implementation, oversight, and maintenance of programs and records for students in the Response to Intervention process, including students receiving tier 2 interventions, students receiving Tier 3 (SST) interventions, students with 504 plan, students receiving Gifted services, and students receiving ESOL services.
- Conducts SST meetings to ensure the team is conducting the four major activities in response to student’s needs: 1) identifies areas of weakness, 2) determines research-based interventions, 3) determines validated progress monitoring tool, and 4) analyzes ongoing progress monitoring data to determine next steps.
- Conducts regular ‘data-talks’ with grade level teams regarding students at Tier 2.
- Conducts collaboration meetings with grade level/content area teams regarding Gifted/ESOL support services.
- Responds to and resolves difficult and sensitive inquiries and complaints regarding students support services.
- Provides guidance and support for the effective use of behavioral support tools (Functional Behavior Investigations, behavior action plans, positive behavior supports).
- Provides training, explanations, and modeling regarding best practices in the four major SST areas.
- Provides observations and coaching to assist teachers and others implementing interventions with fidelity.
- Responsible for maintaining updated electronic files for all students in the SST/504 process
- Completes all processes in compliance with relevant federal and state laws, rules, and regulations.
- Attends all requisite district level meetings/trainings.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years experience
- Experience in Urban Education
- A passion for being a part of a team-oriented, mission-driven school culture
- A passion for helping colleagues grow, develop, and hone their instructional practice
- Demonstrated success in raising the achievement levels of traditionally under-served students
- Values the Five Pillars of KIPP: High Expectations, Choice and Commitment, More Time, Power to Lead, and Focus on Results
- Belief that success is driven by: High Expectations; KIPP Through College; Strength of Character; Safe, Structured and Nurturing Environments; Highly Effective Teachers and Leaders
- Values Parental Input and Feedback
Interested candidates should submit an application online - http://kippmetroatlanta.org/apply.asp
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. A competitive benefits package will also be offered.
Statement of Non-Discrimination
KIPP Metro Atlanta is committed to a policy of equal treatment for all individuals applying to the school. KIPP Metro Atlanta does not discriminate based on race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.
KIPP Public Charter Schools|