Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
|| Accounting/Auditing, Engineering, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Law Enforcement, and Security, Transportation, Medical, Energy / Utilities
KIPP (Knowledge is Power Program) is a national network of free, open enrollment, college preparatory schools dedicated to preparing students in underserved communities for success in college and in life. There are 209 KIPP schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia serving more than 88,000 students. KIPP Metro Atlanta currently operates eight KIPP schools including four middle schools, three primary schools and one high school, as well as, the KIPP Through College Program which supports students on their journey “to and through” college.
KIPP MAC provides financial and operational support and oversight to KIPP Metro Atlanta schools, develops instructional initiatives designed to strengthen the schools’ academic programs, and implements each school’s high school placement and alumni services through the KIPP Through College Program.
KIPP Metro Atlanta seeks a Building Engineer. This position is under the direct supervision of the Director of Facilities, the Facility Building Engineer oversees general maintenance, upkeep and security for the school facilities and grounds. The Building Engineer is responsible for all oversight, budget management and contracted services. In this position, s/he is responsible for the efficient operation of the facility’s MEP systems, building and site components as well as preventative maintenance and repairs. The Facility Building Engineer oversees and coordinates with school leadership and operations team in connection with major repairs and maintenance of the facility to ensure that the building has adequate heat, lighting, ventilation, plumbing, security or etc. for the safety and comfort of the KIPP MAC Team and Family. The Building Engineer will also direct and manage activities and personnel related to special, capital, and other grant related projects and deferred maintenance and replacements of building components and systems as assigned by the Director of Facilities and Transportation. This position also provides support as needed to other facilities within the KIPP Metro Atlanta region.
- Select, direct, manage and coordinate site, building, security and grounds contracted services
- Prepare and maintain accurate accounting of school facility budgets under the oversight of Director of Facilities and Transportation
- Provide maintenance and project related support across KIPP Metro Atlanta schools
- Provide management, training and support as needed for the shared facility services team
- Manage and supervise maintenance School Support Technicians as necessary to support facility maintenance and repairs ensuring schools basic facilities needs are handled\
- Inventory and purchase necessary materials, equipment, and supplies
- Directs and coordinates service providers, installs, inspects repairs and maintains the electrical, plumbing, mechanical and related building systems
- Monitors the heating, cooling and ventilation systems to ensure facility is at appropriate temperature and properly ventilated during normal hours of operation
- Performs, or directs to be performed, general repairs such as touch up painting, patching walls, security hardware, hanging shelves, etc.
- Manage renovations of existing facilities in concert with the school administration and KIPP Metro Atlanta Schools
- Manage, perform, coordinate and inspect major contract work on the electrical, plumbing, mechanical and site related systems
- Directs and supervises performance of parking lot snow removal if necessary
- Directs, supervises and/or performs snow removal operations of sidewalks and entrances
Director of Facilities and Transportation
- Works with the Director of Facilities and Transportation to develop and implement strategies to initiate and meet aggressive capital campaign goals and special facility grant projects.
- Develops, monitors and controls school specific facility budgets under the oversight of the Director of Facilities and Transportation
- Responsible for overseeing all capital and special projects as assigned by the Facilities Director. Directs, manages, and assures project completion in a successful, timely and cost effective manner. Meets the goals of the project requirements
- Reports issues, concerns and deviations from project requirements, physical building and site concerns, and security issues to the Director of Facilities and Transportation. Collaborates on initiatives to bring situations back into compliance
- Attends all meetings as requested by Director of Facilities and Transportation
- Meet regularly with Director of Operations to identify issues and concerns regarding facilities.
- Includes DOO in budget related communications
- Responds to and addresses emergencies as identified by DOO.
- Informs and coordinates with DOO on scheduling and timing constraints regarding projects and maintenance activities
- Assists DOO in training and supervising School Support Technicians
- Assures accurate accounting of all unrestricted and restricted income and its sources
- Liaison between Director of Facilities and DOO’s when required
- Minimum of 5 years’, verifiable, maintenance and repair experience in medical, office or educational environments
- Proven expertise in either Mechanical, Electrical, or Plumbing
- Project Management experience is preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as team leader and as a team member
- Ability to manage and balance the ambiguities and multiple priorities inherent in an entrepreneurial environment
- Relentless results-orientation
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook with strong preference for candidates with Building Automation Systems or Energy Management Systems soft wares. (BAS/EMS)
- Committed to the mission of preparing educationally underserved children for excellent high schools and colleges
Interested candidates should submit an application online - http://kippmetroatlanta.org/apply.asp
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. A competitive benefits package will also be offered.
This position is one where the incumbent might be required to stand for extended periods, lift heavy objects on a regular basis, do repetitive tasks with few breaks, climb ladders and work in extreme weather environments. This position also requires responses to facility or security emergencies that occur after hours, on weekend or holidays.
Statement of Non-Discrimination
KIPP Metro Atlanta is committed to a policy of equal treatment for all individuals applying to the school. KIPP Metro Atlanta does not discriminate based on race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.
KIPP Public Charter Schools|
david johnson just became a new member.
calvin cannon just became a new member.
frederick roberts just posted a blog entitled 'indian co-ed moriah colbert is new miss prairie view a&m university'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "ironically speaking!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ chapter 5: 'farmland, a skippack retreat?' ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "in the soul and spirit of life and living!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ 'fairmount' terror in the park: the series! ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~ "seeing us-a lost for words" ~'.
markia alston just became a new member.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~'alexandre dumas, author/playwrite'~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~“it came across my desk”~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~"a man of color?"~'.
| invite friends |