Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
|| Customer Service and Call Center, Education and Library, Information Technology, Internet/E-Commerce, Law Enforcement, and Security, Restaurant and Food Service, Executive Management, Web Technology, Energy / Utilities
School Nutrition Assistant (Part-Time)
KIPP (Knowledge is Power Program) is a national network of free, open enrollment, college preparatory schools dedicated to preparing students in underserved communities for success in college and in life. There are 209 KIPP schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia serving almost 90,000 students. KIPP Metro Atlanta currently operates eight KIPP schools including three elementary schools, four middle schools, one high school as well as the KIPP Through College Program which supports students on their journey "to and through" college. When our schools are all fully grown we will be serving approximately 3,300 students (K-12) in the Metro Atlanta area. To find out more about why great teachers join KIPP Metro Atlanta Schools, please visit our website.
The KIPP MAC seeks an experienced part-time School Nutrition Assistant who will be responsible for performing a variety of job functions essential to the successful operation of the school cafeteria. Job functions include food production; meal service; food acceptability; customer service; sanitation, safety and security; receiving, storage and inventory; program regulations and accountability; equipment use and care; professional excellence. The School Nutrition Program provides an environment that supports healthy food habits while maintaining program integrity and customer satisfaction.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Prepares school breakfasts (where applicable), lunches and afternoon snacks
- Withdraws and prepares appropriate amounts of food from inventory each day, as directed by the Cafeteria Manager
- Adheres to standardized recipes
- Sets up the serving line and breakfast carts (where applicable) each day, ensuring:
- All items on the menu are placed on the serving line/breakfast carts in the proper order, in the proper amounts, at the proper temperatures, and on time
- Correct serving utensils are in place
- Condiments and cutlery are provided
- Uses serving utensils correctly to ensure correct portions are served
- Understands what constitutes a reimbursable meal under Offer Versus Serve (OVS) and ensures that OVS is properly implemented for both breakfast and lunch
- Serves students quickly and efficiently to adhere to the school’s meal schedules
- Prepares and serves meals of the highest quality that encourages student consumption and participation in the school breakfast and lunch programs.
- Provides outstanding customer service to students, parents, staff, visitors and fellow employees.
Sanitation, Safety & Security
- Follows all local health department requirements for food safety
- Monitors the temperatures of freezers, refrigerators and milk coolers daily, recording temperatures on the appropriate log, and notifies Cafeteria Manager if temperatures are above 10˚F (freezer) or 41˚F (refrigerator/cooler)
- Takes and records temperature of foods to ensure that foods are cooked to the proper internal temperature, chilled to the appropriate temperature, and placed on the serving line at the appropriate temperature
- Performs general cleaning tasks and follows cleaning schedule
- Follows the wash, rinse and sanitize procedures for ware washing
- Assists the Cafeteria Manager in ensuring the security of all food and supplies.
Receiving, Storage and Inventory
- Assists the Cafeteria Manager in receiving all incoming food and supply deliveries
- Stocks all incoming deliveries and adheres to established food storage procedures
- Assists the Cafeteria Manager in taking an accurate monthly inventory of all purchased food and supplies
Program Regulations & Accountability
- Maintains integrity and accountability of the School Nutrition Program through compliance with all federal, state and local regulations
- Ensures students receive all required meal components and that all meals served meet the reimbursable meal requirements
- Serves students all required meal components, ensuring students are served reimbursable meals
- Assists Cafeteria Manager in maintaining all records and reports to meet local, state and USDA requirements, including daily production records, temperature logs, etc.
- Follows all school policies and procedures
- Adheres to work schedule and scheduled hours
- Complies with school mission and vision
- Operates and maintains commercial kitchen equipment (convection oven, tilt skillet, steamer, multi-compartment sink, etc.) in a safe and sanitary manner
- Follows policies for the use and care of all equipment
- Reports any malfunctioning equipment to Cafeteria Manager
- Communicates effectively with supervisor, school administrators, customers and fellow employees
- Performs other duties as assigned by Cafeteria Manager
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Previous volume-feeding experience in an institutional, restaurant or educational environment (school cafeteria experience preferred)
- Knowledge involving food preparation, general cooking, food storage, cleaning procedures and meal service
- ServSafe certification preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work harmoniously with fellow employees and as part of a team
- Ability to provide friendly and outstanding customer service to students and others
- Ability to perform assigned tasks
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to learn cooking and other school nutrition duties in a reasonable period of time
This is a physically demanding job and one where the incumbent is required to stand for extended periods, lift heavy objects on a regular basis, and do repetitive tasks with few breaks. The incumbent must be willing and able to work in a hot environment and be able to take a physical inventory in freezers and refrigerators where temperatures are as low as 0˚F.
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. A competitive benefits package will also be offered.
For additional information, please contact email@example.com
KIPP Public Charter Schools|
david johnson just became a new member.
calvin cannon just became a new member.
frederick roberts just posted a blog entitled 'indian co-ed moriah colbert is new miss prairie view a&m university'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "ironically speaking!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ chapter 5: 'farmland, a skippack retreat?' ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "in the soul and spirit of life and living!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ 'fairmount' terror in the park: the series! ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~ "seeing us-a lost for words" ~'.
markia alston just became a new member.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~'alexandre dumas, author/playwrite'~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~“it came across my desk”~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~"a man of color?"~'.
| invite friends |