Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
|| Education and Library, Financial Services, Information Technology, Research & Development, Nonprofit and Volunteer Services, Energy / Utilities
Assistant Principal - Elementary School
KIPP Change Academy is looking for an Assistant Principal for the 2018-19 school year who is committed to ensuring that every student has the opportunity for a college preparatory education.
ABOUT KIPP CHARLOTTE:
KIPP Charlotte is a part of the national KIPP (Knowledge Is Power Program) organization, a non-profit network of free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public charter schools serving elementary, middle, and high school students. Nationally, KIPP’s 200 schools serve over 88,000 students and we support low-income students to college at a rate 4x higher than that of their peers. Locally, KIPP Academy Charlotte (our middle school) currently serves nearly 400 students from 6th-8th grade and KIPP Change Academy (our elementary school) serves nearly 350 students in Kindergarten, 1st grade, 4th grade, and 5th grade, adding one grade level per year until it serves K-5.
Our mission is to provide a free, quality education that enables students in underserved communities to climb the mountain to and through college, lead choice-filled lives, and be the future leaders of Charlotte and the world beyond. We do this by cultivating the habits of mind, character skills, and knowledge necessary for our students’ success. We are committed to having high expectations; developing strength of character; hiring and supporting highly effective teachers and leaders; offering safe, structured, and nurturing environments; and supporting our students to and through college via our KIPP Through College program.
The Assistant Principal’s job is to support the school in driving academic and character outcomes for students as a key member of the school’s leadership team. We expect our Assistant Principals to lead both instruction and school culture and also to be able to develop leadership in the school’s emerging leaders.
Model and support implementation of the school’s vision and goals
Contribute to school-wide planning and prioritizes time to accomplish goals
- Supports development of School Leader’s school-wide vision and takes an active role in investing and mobilizing teachers to achieve the collective goals of the school; owns the implementation of select school priorities in support of the school-wide vision
- With guidance from the School Leader, leads the planning and goal setting for the grades/departments that he/she coaches and ensures alignment with school-wide goals
Develop emerging leaders with School Leader’s guidance
- Provides input into the school-based strategic planning including and identifies what the school’s strategic plan means for his/her own leadership and people that he/she manages
Model strong staff and student culture and manage school-wide character development and behavior management systems
- Supports the School Leader in identifying and developing emerging and teacher leaders (Department Heads and/or Grade Level Chairs) through goal setting, coaching and providing feedback
Collaborate with School Leader on hiring diverse, highly-effective teachers and school staff
- Supports teachers in understanding process and roles in student support and intervention and develops systems and structures to ensure that limited time is spent on reactive student discipline
- Manage parts of the daily school operations (e.g. arrival/dismissal, lunch/recess, school trips)
- Acts as the first Leadership Team contact on student intervention and parent engagement hierarchy; determines next steps for issues that rise above the teacher/grade level/department chair
Build own and direct reports’ instructional knowledge of standards, content and instructional methods
Develop teachers to provide rigorous and high quality instruction and support School Leader in planning and implementing enabling systems of the Academic Strategies Pyramid
- Content (Standards, Curriculum, and Assessment):
- Develops deep mastery over the academic standards in the subjects/grades for which he/she coaches, and strong understanding of academic standards for all subjects/grades. Understands the implications of standards on what a student should know and be able to do, connect teachers with relevant resources to improve their content knowledge, and therefore what a teacher needs to know and be able to do to facilitate student mastery
- Studies curriculum and assessment content and further develops understanding of how assessments map to content mastery, and what is required of students and teachers to accomplish mastery on the assessments
- Teaches teachers how to assess for both student mastery and growth towards college readiness and insists that assessments are used to inform teacher instruction
- Research-based Instructional Practices (Methods and Time):
- Develops own and teacher’s knowledge of best practices in instructional methods and teaches teachers how to match particular strategies to gaps in student mastery
Prioritize Assistant Principal’s own success and sustainability by engaging lifelines and renewing to get stronger
- Data Analysis (Data-driven Instruction and Progress Monitoring):
- Lead data-driven instruction. Help teachers: determine how data aligns to end-of-year goals (what is being assessed and how it maps to standards); break-out data to analyze how different student groups are performing; determine what data is saying about areas of student mastery and growth; and identify specific instructional actions and adjustments to fill students’ knowledge and skill gaps and a timeline to do so
- Teacher Instructional Development (Instructional Coaching, Content Teams, and Workshops):
- Provide high-quality instructional coaching with frequent and scheduled teacher observations, actionable and bite-sized feedback, and accountability for adjustment in practice
- Coach emerging leaders on their instructional coaching practice
- May lead or coach others who lead department/content/grade-level meetings that focus on planning for and norming on instruction and culture, practicing instructional strategies, and progress monitoring the department/content/grade level
- Recommend to the School Leader what school-wide professional development will be the highest leverage in improving student results; lead engaging, actionable, adult-learning workshops; and hold staff accountable for implementation of the workshop practices
- Student Focus: Belief that all students, regardless of background, have the ability to go to and through college; demonstrated commitment to the school’s unique community
- Direction Setting: Ability to set direction for a team and motivate others to action
- Achievement Orientation and Performance Management: Demonstrated student achievement results in own classroom and from teachers that he/she manages
- Cultural Competence: Demonstrated ability to create inclusive environments that honors and supports a diversity of backgrounds and perspectives
- Instructional Leadership: Adept at data analysis; ability to extract meaningful insights across school-wide data
- Instructional Leadership: Expertise in what the school-wide academic standards and state assessments require of students’ knowledge and skills to demonstrate mastery; able to translate student mastery requirements into instructional plans and strategies
- Instructional Leadership: Deep understanding of appropriate application and differentiation of high-leverage instructional strategies (e.g. make kids sweat, pacing, stretch it, etc.) based on comprehension of child development and pedagogy
- Achievement Orientation: Demonstrated resilience and focus on student outcomes
KIPP Public Charter Schools|
david johnson just became a new member.
calvin cannon just became a new member.
frederick roberts just posted a blog entitled 'indian co-ed moriah colbert is new miss prairie view a&m university'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "ironically speaking!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ chapter 5: 'farmland, a skippack retreat?' ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "in the soul and spirit of life and living!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ 'fairmount' terror in the park: the series! ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~ "seeing us-a lost for words" ~'.
markia alston just became a new member.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~'alexandre dumas, author/playwrite'~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~“it came across my desk”~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~"a man of color?"~'.
| invite friends |