Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
||St. Louis, MO
|| Education and Library, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Insurance, Research & Development, Medical, Entrepreneurship, Energy / Utilities
High School Biology/Chemistry Teacher
KIPP St. Louis is seeking teachers for the 2018-19 school year for the region’s first high school, which will open with 10th grade next fall. KSL is seeking high school teachers for the following content areas:
- 10th grade ELA (2 Positions: African American Literature, Composition II & Pre-AP ELA II)
- 10th grade Social Studies (World History and AP World History)
- 9th-10th grade Science (Biology and Chemistry)
- 10th grade Math (Algebra and Geometry)
- Physical Education
- Music Teacher (Chorus)
- Business and Entrepreneurship
- Computer Science
- Art Teacher
About KIPP St. Louis
KIPP St. Louis is a growing network of free, open-enrollment, public charter schools offering a choice to families and a college-preparatory education to children in St. Louis city . Our mission is to serve as a catalyst for education reform by establishing and supporting a world class network of public schools that develop in all of our students the knowledge, skills, character, and pursuit of excellence necessary to succeed in high quality high schools and colleges and the world beyond.
KIPP St. Louis currently serves 1,600 students and at full growth, we will serve nearly 3,000 students and hundreds alumni. Today, our St. Louis network is comprised of two middle schools, two elementary schools, and a high school:
KIPP Inspire Academy, founded in 2009
KIPP Victory Academy, founded in 2014
KIPP Triumph Academy, founded in 2015
KIPP Wisdom Academy, founded in 2015
KIPP St. Louis High School, founded in 2017
About KIPP St. Louis High School
KIPP St. Louis High School is a college preparatory public high school modeled after the nationally acclaimed KIPP (Knowledge is Power Program) school model known for its high expectations and focus on academic results. We believe in college graduation for all St. Louis children and teach a rigorous academic curriculum, rich with literacy and standards-aligned instruction. Our teachers possess a passion for instruction and an enthusiasm for feedback and development in the honing of their craft. This position is an opportunity to play a significant role in the founding years of an institution focused on academic achievement, character, and college-readiness.
We are looking for rockstar educators who will bring a “whatever it takes” attitude to helping students succeed. KIPP St. Louis teachers are responsible for delivering effective, high-quality, rigorous instruction in their content areas, producing unmatched academic results and student growth. KIPP St. Louis gives its students an intensive foundation in the core academic subjects with an emphasis on developing the knowledge and skills necessary for success in school and in life. The KIPP St. Louis community holds itself to high standards, cognizant that success can be achieved by all, regardless of challenging circumstances, through teamwork, tenacity and focused dedication.
KIPP St. Louis high school teachers are on duty in school Monday through Friday from approximately 7:00am to 5:15pm (times may vary slightly by school). Many KIPP St. Louis teachers take on additional roles within the school, including working as content and grade level chairs. Though they face demanding schedules, KIPP St. Louis teachers are strongly supported by experienced and dedicated leadership and staff. KIPP St. Louis students have an extended school day and school year, and occasional Saturday School. This extra time allows KIPP St. Louis to develop innovative and highly effective instruction for all of our students. At KIPP St. Louis, we value college starting from kindergarten to kee
p it top of mind as they continue to grow as scholars.
Position type: Full time, exempt
What you will do…
What you should have...
- Advise a small, single-sex group of students to success throughout their four years of high school
- Create, revise and implement a rigorous curriculum aligned with state and national standards for college-readiness
- Prepare students for ACT- aligned Interim Assessments by utilizing a provided pacing guide for College and Career Readiness Standards (CCRS)
- Use assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices
- Tutor during afterschool office hours
- Create a positive and structured learning environment that fosters both outstanding academic achievement and personal character development
- Create a culture of high expectations in your classroom and throughout the school
- Collaborate with school team in planning meetings, grade-level activities, and school-wide functions
- Attend school activities and events such as, school dances, sporting events, Saturday School, etc.
- Communicate regularly with students, families, and colleagues in a way that models KIPP’s values
- Involve and enlist parents and guardians as partners in their students’ education
- A Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 2 years of successful lead teaching experience in an underserved community (please note that if you do not have lead teaching experience, you should apply to the ‘KIPP St. Louis Fellow Teacher Program’ instead)
- Valid Missouri Teacher Certification or willingness to become certified ASAP
- A passion for teaching in the city of St. Louis
- Passion and enthusiasm for your given subject matter
- Dedication to helping children grow and learn
At KIPP St. Louis we take care of our employees. We provide competitive salaries, and a full slate of benefits including $0 deductible medical coverage, dental, vision, and, life insurance, short term disability and an optional 403b as a supplement to our retirement pension program. Perks include a laptop computer, eligibility for yearly performance-based bonuses, and a plethora of professional development opportunities. Benefits are subject to change year to year.
KIPP St. Louis is committed to a policy of equal treatment for all individuals applying for employment at our school. KIPP St. Louis does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.
KIPP Public Charter Schools|
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ “coat of arms” ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ “crisis” ~'.
david johnson just became a new member.
calvin cannon just became a new member.
frederick roberts just posted a blog entitled 'indian co-ed moriah colbert is new miss prairie view a&m university'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "ironically speaking!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ chapter 5: 'farmland, a skippack retreat?' ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "in the soul and spirit of life and living!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ 'fairmount' terror in the park: the series! ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~ "seeing us-a lost for words" ~'.
markia alston just became a new member.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~'alexandre dumas, author/playwrite'~'.
| invite friends |