Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
|| Education and Library, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Retail/Wholesale, Research & Development, Medical
Elementary School Teacher
KIPP Austin’s NEXT APPLICATION DEADLINE is coming up on Sunday, March 18, 2018 -- we encourage interested applicants to apply by this date! We can’t wait to learn more about you!
Please note: This role is for the 2018-19 school year and will start 7/16/2018.
If you have a particular grade level, subject area, or school preference, please note this in the "Additional Information" section of the Profile.
POSITION OVERVIEW: KIPP Austin Public Schools’ teachers are responsible for ensuring that every KIPP Austin student achieves the academic skills, intellectual habits and character traits necessary to succeed in the nation’s top colleges and universities. Teachers use data to inform their instructional choices and develop dynamic lessons to engage all students; their successes are evidenced by significant academic gains attained by their students, and through students exhibiting character traits aligned with values of KIPP Austin.
KIPP Austin teachers are on duty in school Monday through Friday from approximately 7:15 am to 4:45 pm (exact start and end times vary slightly by school), with most arriving before and staying after these hours. Though they face demanding schedules, all KIPP Austin teachers are strongly supported by dedicated leadership and staff. KIPP Austin students have an extended school day and a brief mandatory summer session. This extra time allows KIPP Austin to develop innovative and highly effective instruction for all of our students. At KIPP Austin, we value college starting from Kindergarten and keep it top of mind as students continue to grow as learners.
- -Collaborate with a team of teachers to create, implement and assess academically rigorous lessons
- -Develop and revise a curriculum that is aligned with the standards of KIPP Austin and Texas
- -Assess individual student’s progress and learning needs; demonstrate a relentless focus on helping students achieve
- -Support general education and special education students in achieving academic success and character growth
- -Help shape and develop a school-wide atmosphere that best suits the needs of our students, teachers, and families
- -Facilitate the development of character and community in the classroom
- -Communicate students’ progress toward realizing academic and character development goals with families on a regular basis
- -Increase student growth and achievement
- -Meet desired goals/benchmarks on district-wide, state, and national assessments and measures of growth
- -Ensure growth, development, and demonstration of character traits and KIPP Austin values
- -At least 2 years of experience teaching elementary school (preferred)
- -Experience teaching underserved students (preferred)
- -Knowledge of early childhood development, literacy, and language acquisition
- -Willingness to become Highly Qualified and ELL compliant, which can include obtaining ESL or Bilingual certification in Texas
- -Willingness to become ELL compliant (if applicable)
- -Bachelor’s degree (required)
- -Unwavering commitment to KIPP Austin’s mission, students, families, and community
- -Strong record of helping students achieve academic success, primarily with minority and low-income students
- -Strong desire to teach an academically intense curriculum and commit to an extended school day, week, and year
- -Desire to continuously learn and increase effectiveness as a teacher and professional; offer and receive constructive feedback
- -Willingness to be flexible and to go above and beyond to meet the needs of KIPP Austin students
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- -Competitive salaries
- -Teacher Career pathway with expert teacher development and opportunities for career advancement
- -Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage options with 79-95% of monthly medical premium costs (depending on the plan) paid by KIPP Austin
- -100% KIPP-paid short-term disability
- -Paid parental leave (amount paid based on tenure)
- -On-campus dry cleaning pick-up
- -Retail discounts
- -Gold’s Gym individual and family plan discount
OUR MISSION: KIPP Austin Public Schools believes that every child, regardless of economic background has the right to an exemplary education. We will empower our students to thrive in and graduate from college, choose their paths, and positively impact their communities
No phone calls or emails please.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
KIPP Public Charter Schools|
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ chapter 5: 'farmland, a skippack retreat?' ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "in the soul and spirit of life and living!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ 'fairmount' terror in the park: the series! ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~ "seeing us-a lost for words" ~'.
markia alston just became a new member.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~'alexandre dumas, author/playwrite'~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~“it came across my desk”~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~"a man of color?"~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ “out from the shadows” ~'.
christina harris just became a new member.
antoine fisher just edited his profile.
antoine fisher just commented on a poll entitled 'christians read the story about jesus in the new testament ,,,but '.
| invite friends |