Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
|| Education and Library, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Retail/Wholesale, Research & Development, Medical
High School Assistant Principal
KIPP Austin’s NEXT APPLICATION DEADLINE is coming up on Sunday, March 18, 2018 -- we encourage interested applicants to apply by this date! We can’t wait to learn more about you!
POSITION OVERVIEW: KIPP Austin Public Schools teachers are responsible for ensuring that every KIPP Austin student achieves the academic skills, intellectual habits and character traits necessary to succeed in the nation’s top colleges. The Assistant Principal (AP) supports teachers by implementing a professional development program, coaching instructional staff members in their practice, serving as a model of a strong teacher, and developing systems to ensure the school culture consistently reflects the values and goals of all KIPP Austin Public Schools. In addition, the AP will work collaboratively with the Principal and Assistant Principal to make strong instruction and cultural decisions impacting students and the overall KIPP Austin Public School community.
- At least 3-5 years of teaching experience (required)
- Evidence of achieving significant academic gains, primarily with historically underachieving students (required)
- Spanish Bilingual preferred
- Significant success with interdisciplinary curriculum development, pedagogy and alignment
- Solid experience in analyzing student data
- Experience leading adults in the development of curricula
- Experience managing adults; goal-setting, providing meaningful feedback and setting professional development plans
- High level of detail orientation and excellent organizational skills
- Strong communication, feedback, and facilitation skills
- Experience and a style that best compliments the current strengths of the leadership team
- Bachelor’s degree (required)
- Unwavering commitment to KIPP Austin’s mission, students, families, and community
- Strong record of helping students achieve academic success, primarily with minority and low-income students
- Strong desire to teach an academically intense curriculum and commit to an extended school day, week, and year
- Desire to continuously learn and increase effectiveness as a teacher and professional; offer and receive constructive feedback
- Willingness to be flexible and to go above and beyond to meet the needs of KIPP Austin students
- Ability to break down complex information into comprehensive parts, ask questions, synthesize and analyze
- Advise, support, and mentor individual teachers to improve instruction through:
- Consistently observing classroom instruction and providing meaningful feedback.
- Facilitating one‐on‐one curriculum planning and evaluation meetings.
- Promoting continuous and frequent assessment as a means for evaluating student achievement.
- Lead staff members to achieve high performance through goal setting, providing feedback, and evaluation.
- Assist with administration of school-wide assessments including MAP, STAAR, TELPAS, et al.
- Guide the character development of students by serving as a mentor and advisor to individual students.
- Evaluate grade level performance data to improve school‐wide instructional practices.
- Help shape and develop a school‐wide culture of achievement that best suits the needs of our students, teachers, and families.
- Work collaboratively with the Principal and Assistant Principal to make instructional and cultural decisions for the school.
- Support gap needs in programming, as warranted, in order to meet the most urgent needs of the school; this may include teaching full grade level or content classes.
- Serve as the school liaison for outside services including Explore Austin, UT Plan II Program, Comerica Bank, et al.
- Coordinate and lead Family Nights for students, teachers, and families.
- Develop and manage grade level academic programming, including, but not limited to quarterly report card processing, academic goal setting, and the Linguistic Proficiency and Assessment Committee.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- -Competitive salaries and bonus program
- -Teacher Career pathway with expert teacher development and opportunities for career advancement
- -Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage options with 79-95% of monthly medical premium costs (depending on the plan) paid by KIPP Austin
- -100% KIPP-paid short-term disability
- -Paid parental leave (amount paid based on tenure)
- -On-campus dry cleaning pick-up
- -Retail discounts
- -Gold’s Gym individual and family plan discount
- -Weekly on-campus yoga classes
OUR MISSION: KIPP Austin Public Schools believes that every child, regardless of economic background has the right to an exemplary education. We will empower our students to thrive in and graduate from college, choose their paths, and positively impact their communities
No phone calls or emails please.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
KIPP Public Charter Schools|
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ chapter 5: 'farmland, a skippack retreat?' ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "in the soul and spirit of life and living!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ 'fairmount' terror in the park: the series! ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~ "seeing us-a lost for words" ~'.
markia alston just became a new member.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~'alexandre dumas, author/playwrite'~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~“it came across my desk”~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~"a man of color?"~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ “out from the shadows” ~'.
christina harris just became a new member.
antoine fisher just edited his profile.
antoine fisher just commented on a poll entitled 'christians read the story about jesus in the new testament ,,,but '.
| invite friends |