||KIPP Public Charter Schools
|| Education and Library, Information Technology, Collegiate Faculty, Staff, Administration, Research & Development
Spanish Teachers (multi positions) K-12
KIPP Eastern North Carolina College Preparatory Public Charter Schools (KIPP ENC) are currently recruiting amazing Spanish teachers (Grades: K-12) for the 2018-19 school year. We are seeking candidates committed to KIPP ENC's mission of empowering all of our students with the skills, knowledge, and character necessary to succeed at the college of their choice, strengthen our community, and fight for social justice.
- Set clear short-term and long term-goals to drive instruction and high rigor
- Implement school-wide student management policies within classrooms and on campus
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team to to collaborate regularly and implement curricula and activities to meet academic standards
- Design and implement assessments that measure progress towards academic standards
- Use assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices
- Participate in collaborative curriculum development, grade-level activities, and school-wide functions
- Provide consistent rewards and/or consequences for student behavior
- Be accountable for students’ mastery of academic standards
- Communicate effectively with students, families, and colleagues
- Infuse KIPP's core values into daily lessons
- Receive and respond appropriately to formal and informal feedback from teammates, principal, students and parents and view this as a tool to improve and grow
- Maintain an open-door policy for observations
- Maintain an organized and focused learning environment
- Uphold all school policies within the classroom
- Participate in school-wide professional development
- Experience and success with historically under-served populations of students
- 2 years teaching experience (preferred);
- Strong desire and commitment to teach in an academically intense curriculum and extended school day;
- Strong content knowledge in area-- fluent in Spanish (written and oral--including strong command of verb conjugation in both English and Spanish);
- A "do whatever it takes attitude" to help our students reach academic excellence;
- Demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy that every minute of every day is learning time by preparing and executing engaging lessons;
- Critical thinker
- Unquestioned integrity and commitment to KIPP ENC's mission and community;
- Valid NC certification is helpful but not required;
- Bachelor’s degree (required).
- NOTE: Must be eligible to work in the US. Employer is unable to sponsor applicants for work visas.
KIPP ENC offers a generous compensation package. All teachers are equipped with the tools needed to succeed, including weekly professional development, collaboration with peers and other KIPP network teachers, full health and retirement benefits, leadership pathways, laptop computer, smartphone,support with NC teaching certification and renewal, and competitive salaries.