Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
||St. Louis, MO
|| Education and Library, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Insurance, Research & Development, Medical
Middle School Science Teacher
For the 2018-19 School Year we are seeking teachers in the following subject areas:
About KIPP St. Louis
- English Language Arts/Reading
- Social Studies
KIPP St. Louis is a growing network of free, open-enrollment, public charter schools offering a choice to families and a college-preparatory education to children in St. Louis city . Our mission is to serve as a catalyst for education reform by establishing and supporting a world class network of public schools that develop in all of our students the knowledge, skills, character, and pursuit of excellence necessary to succeed in high quality high schools and colleges and the world beyond.
KIPP St. Louis currently serves 1,600 students and at full growth, we will serve nearly 3,000 students and hundreds alumni. Today, our St. Louis network is comprised of two middle schools, two elementary schools, and a high school:
KIPP Inspire Academy, founded in 2009
KIPP Victory Academy, founded in 2014
KIPP Triumph Academy, founded in 2015
KIPP Wisdom Academy, founded in 2015
KIPP St. Louis High School, founded in 2017
We are looking for rockstar educators who will bring a “whatever it takes” attitude to helping students succeed. KIPP St. Louis teachers are responsible for delivering effective, high-quality, rigorous instruction in their content areas, producing unmatched academic results and student growth. KIPP St. Louis gives its students an intensive foundation in the core academic subjects with an emphasis on developing the knowledge and skills necessary for success in school and in life. The KIPP St. Louis community holds itself to high standards, cognizant that success can be achieved by all, regardless of challenging circumstances, through teamwork, tenacity and focused dedication.
KIPP St. Louis middle school teachers are on duty in school Monday through Friday from approximately 7:00am to 5:15pm (times may vary slightly by school). Many KIPP St. Louis teachers take on additional roles within the school, including working as content and grade level chairs. Though they face demanding schedules, KIPP St. Louis teachers are strongly supported by experienced and dedicated leadership and staff. KIPP St. Louis students have an extended school day and school year, and occasional Saturday School. This extra time allows KIPP St. Louis to develop innovative and highly effective instruction for all of our students. At KIPP St. Louis, we value college starting from kindergarten to keep it top of mind as they continue to grow as scholars.
Position type: Full time, exempt
What you will do…
- Teach a challenging college preparatory curriculum that addresses the current academic levels of students, is standards-aligned and promotes critical thinking
- Demonstrate knowledge of grade-level standards, benchmarks, and curriculum as well as proficiency in lesson planning and unit design
- Design assessments and use data daily and weekly to drive instructional practices and provide students with feedback on their progress
- Enforce and uphold school’s values, policies, and culture
- Engage in frequent and open collaboration and communication with colleagues around lesson planning, instructional observations, and student data
- Communicate regularly with families about the progress of students and remain available to students and families in the evening
- Build strong relationships and positive rapport with students, families and colleagues
- Actively participate in weekly staff development activities and meetings
- Other duties as assigned by the school leadership team
What you should have...
- A Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 2 years of successful lead teaching experience in an underserved community (please note that if you do not have lead teaching experience, you should apply to the ‘KIPP St. Louis Fellow Teacher Program’ instead)
- Valid Missouri Teacher Certification or willingness to become certified ASAP
- A passion for teaching in the city of St. Louis
- Dedication to helping children grow and learn
At KIPP St. Louis we take care of our employees. We provide competitive salaries, and a full slate of benefits including $0 deductible medical coverage, dental, vision, and, life insurance, short term disability and an optional 403b as a supplement to our retirement pension program. Perks include a laptop computer, eligibility for yearly performance-based bonuses, and a plethora of professional development opportunities. Benefits are subject to change year to year.
KIPP St. Louis is committed to a policy of equal treatment for all individuals applying for employment at our school. KIPP St. Louis does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.
KIPP Public Charter Schools|