Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
||St. Louis, MO
|| Education and Library, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Insurance, Research & Development, Medical, Writing/Authoring
Assistant School Leader
For the 2018-19 School Year we are seeking Assistant School Leaders for the following grade levels:
About KIPP St. Louis
- Elementary School
- Middle School
- High School
KIPP St. Louis is a growing network of free, open-enrollment, public charter schools offering a choice to families and a college-preparatory education to children in St. Louis city . Our mission is to serve as a catalyst for education reform by establishing and supporting a world class network of public schools that develop in all of our students the knowledge, skills, character, and pursuit of excellence necessary to succeed in high quality high schools and colleges and the world beyond.
KIPP St. Louis currently serves 1,600 students and at full growth, we will serve nearly 3,000 students and hundreds alumni. Today, our St. Louis network is comprised of two middle schools, two elementary schools, and a high school:
- KIPP Inspire Academy, founded in 2009
- KIPP Victory Academy, founded in 2014
- KIPP Triumph Academy, founded in 2015
- KIPP Wisdom Academy, founded in 2015
- KIPP St. Louis High School, founded in 2017
As our region prepares to grow to serve more students in elementary, middle and, eventually, high school, we need future leaders to commit themselves to the most urgent and exciting work of our time. We are seeking rockstar educational leaders who will bring a “whatever it takes” attitude to helping students succeed. These individuals are fearless about making decisions and conducting difficult conversations and can build a highly collaborative team and shape a vibrant culture. These individuals cultivate learning communities that are simultaneously academically rigorous and joyful. They know that their job is the most important one in the world. Self-reflective and humble, they are open to feedback and committed to continuously improving.
KIPP St. Louis teachers and school-based staff are on duty in school Monday through Friday from roughly 7:00am to 5:15pm (hours may vary by school and role). Though they face demanding schedules, KIPP St. Louis teachers and staff are strongly supported by experienced and dedicated leadership. KIPP St. Louis students have an extended school day and school year, and occasional Saturday School. This extra time allows KIPP St. Louis to develop innovative and highly effective instruction for all of our students. At KIPP St. Louis, we value college starting from kindergarten to keep it top of mind as they continue to grow as scholars.
Position type: Full time, exempt
What you will do…
What you should have...
- Embody, advocate and operationalize the mission, vision, and strategic direction of the school
- Create and sustain a positive and highly structured school culture of high academic and behavioral expectations, including systems such as in-class routines and arrival
- Actively coach teachers by visiting classrooms to observe classroom management, instruction, model effective instructional practices, provide support, and give feedback
- Guide teachers through the process of collaborative reflection and planning
- Support teacher analysis and use of assessment data to reflect on teaching practice, make instructional decisions, and meet the needs of diverse learners
- Responsible for data analysis and academic results of one or more grade levels
- Support weekly grade level collaborative planning meetings as needed
- Serve as an active participant of the Leadership Team
- Serves as a point-person for dealing with behavior crisis-intervention, acute behavior issues, and attendance/arrival
- Maintain accurate student discipline records, documenting all conferences, suspensions, discipline referrals, and phone calls
- Plan and lead professional development as part of the Leadership Team
- Create model lesson plans and units to support professional development opportunities
- Revise scope and sequence documents as necessary
- Revise and implement Interim Assessments and assist in their administration
- Create assessment spreadsheets and coordinate data compilation in collaboration with the School Leader
- Builds and maintains positive and supportive relationships with parents, community members, and organizations
- Bachelor’s Degree (required), Master’s Degree (preferred)
- Experience teaching in an urban public school or charter school setting preferred
- Missouri Teaching Certificate; Administrator Certificate preferred
- Demonstrated ability to have a high number of students meet or exceed state standards in ELA and Math
- The ability and commitment to use data and regular assessment to inform instructional decisions
- Experience coaching teachers to instructional excellence
- A strong commitment to the school’s mission and vision
- An uncompromising belief that all students can learn
- A relentless work ethic and a high degree of patience to push through difficult challenges
- A willingness to be held accountable for quantifiable student achievement and academic gains
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a team of teachers
- Outstanding public speaking and writing skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- The desire and humility to grow as an educator
At KIPP St. Louis we take care of our employees. We provide competitive salaries, and a full slate of benefits including $0 deductible medical coverage, dental, vision, and, life insurance, short term disability and an optional 403b as a supplement to our retirement pension program. Perks include a laptop computer, eligibility for yearly performance-based bonuses, and a plethora of professional development opportunities. Benefits are subject to change year to year.
KIPP St. Louis is committed to a policy of equal treatment for all individuals applying for employment at our school. KIPP St. Louis does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.
KIPP Public Charter Schools|
david johnson just became a new member.
calvin cannon just became a new member.
frederick roberts just posted a blog entitled 'indian co-ed moriah colbert is new miss prairie view a&m university'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "ironically speaking!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ chapter 5: 'farmland, a skippack retreat?' ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "in the soul and spirit of life and living!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ 'fairmount' terror in the park: the series! ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~ "seeing us-a lost for words" ~'.
markia alston just became a new member.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~'alexandre dumas, author/playwrite'~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~“it came across my desk”~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~"a man of color?"~'.
| invite friends |