Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
|| Education and Library, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Human Resources, Information Technology, Insurance, Research & Development, Medical, Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
Early Childhood Lead Teachers (PreK3, PreK4, Kindergarten) for the 2018-19 SY
TEACHING AT KIPP DC:
KIPP DC is a non-profit network of high-performing, college-preparatory public charter schools in Washington, D.C. Our 16 schools and The Learning Center recruit and educate over 6,0000 students on six campuses in the city’s most educationally underserved communities. At KIPP DC, we empower students to access opportunities that lead to a choice-filled life. Highly skilled teachers and leaders, more time in school, a rigorous college preparatory-curriculum, and a strong culture of achievement and support help our students climb the mountain to and through college.
At KIPP DC, we believe the quality of instruction defines the rate and quality of student achievement. Therefore, teaching and learning are at the core of everything we do, and we view our lead teachers as a critical component of our mission and success As an organization, KIPP DC makes a commitment to their teachers. We pride ourselves on providing unparalleled professional development and opportunities. In addition, we seek to create a staff culture that is ambitious, intentional, and joyful. We acknowledge the demands of the teaching profession, and are continually seeking to improve sustainability and benefits.
As part of KIPP's network of 209 schools, we share best practices and innovations with our peers across the city and across the country.
We are looking for highly dedicated educators who will bring an unwavering commitment to helping early childhood children succeed. KIPP DC’s early childhood lead teachers are responsible for using Tools of The Mind, Reading Workshop, and My Math curriculums to deliver effective, high-quality, rigorous instruction producing unmatched academic results and student growth. KIPP DC gives its early childhood students an intensive foundation in the core academic subjects, through play-based learning instruction with an emphasis on developing the social and emotional skills necessary to succeed in school and in life. The KIPP DC community holds itself to high standards, cognizant that success can be achieved by all, regardless of challenging circumstances, through team work, tenacity and focused dedication.
Early childhood teachers at KIPP DC work to develop a desire for learning in our youngest students. We are looking for creative and passionate teachers to work in our PreK3, PreK4, and Kindergarten classrooms. KIPP DC’s early childhood schools believe in using language, play, and authentic learning activities to provide our students with the foundation to build a successful and choice-filled life.
KIPP DC has five early childhood schools:
KIPP DC Arts & Technology Academy
KIPP DC Connect Academy
KIPP DC Discover Academy
KIPP DC Grow Academy
KIPP DC LEAP Academy
KIPP DC has a 17-year track record of preparing students in educationally underserved communities for success in college and life. Each year, KIPP DC students achieve some of the highest scores on local and national assessments. However, one of the best indicators of our success is the rate at which our students are graduating from high school, matriculating to college, and attaining college degrees. With the support of our KIPP Through College & Career program, our students are working extremely hard to exceed expectations and accomplish their goals, including desired careers and college graduation. A great education transforms lives.
We are looking for hardworking, team oriented, and experienced teachers for PreK3 through grade 12. While students receive instruction from 8:00 am- 4:00 pm, KIPP DC teachers are on duty in school from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm three days a week and from 7:30 am to 4:45 pm two days a week. Many KIPP DC teachers take on additional roles within the school, including working as Saturday school coordinators and grade level chairs. In KIPP DC’s early childhood schools, lead teachers are provided with the opportunity to serve as mentors to Capital Teaching Residents and Assistant Teachers. Though they face demanding schedules, all KIPP DC teachers are strongly supported by experienced and dedicated leadership and staff. We value sustainability and are continually as assessing how to promote wellness amongst our teaching corps. KIPP DC students have an extended school day and year. This extra time allows KIPP DC to develop innovative and highly effective instruction for all of our students. At KIPP DC, we value college starting from PreK3 and keep it top of mind for students as they continue to grow as scholars.
KEY REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Believe deeply in the mission and values of KIPP DC and subscribe to KIPP's Differentiators
- Believe in providing authentic and play-based learning experiences for early childhood students
- Display an incredible work ethic and a passion for being part of a team-oriented, mission-driven school culture
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and adept at developing relationships
- Commit/contribute to constant professional growth and development
- Facilitate engaging lessons linked to state standards
- Implement the school-wide student management policies within classrooms and everywhere on campus
- When applicable, mentor a Capital Teaching Resident, if assigned to your classroom, by modeling excellent teaching, gradually releasing classroom teaching responsibilities, and implementing weekly coaching/feedback conversations
- Perform morning, lunch, and afternoon duties as assigned
- Perform clerical duties, as required, relating to textbooks, instructional supplies, student reports and records, attendance reports, etc.
- When applicable, attend staff meetings, remain on call in the evenings (via KIPP DC cell phone number) and volunteer at Saturday School as required by the individual school
- Pass a criminal background check, as required by law
- Additional responsibilities may arise during the school year. This could include but not limited to: attending staff and student field trips, open houses, parent-teacher conferences, home visits, and other events involving parents and students as needed. They will be communicated to all employees with as much notice and flexibility as possible.
- Bachelor’s degree (Required)
- KIPP DC requires all teachers to be “Highly Qualified”, which includes a Bachelor’s degree and passing the appropriate Praxis exam(s)
- Commitment to working with students from educationally underserved communities (Required)
- Bachelor’s degree in content area (Preferred)
- Experience in content area (Preferred)
- At least two years of teaching experience in a public school (Preferred)
- Experience teaching in a predominantly African-American environment (Preferred)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
HOW TO APPLY:
- KIPP DC offers an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Salaries for staff are competitive with added compensation for KIPP DC’s extended day and year, along with additional bonuses.
- KIPP DC offers its employees competitive rates for medical, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance.
- KIPP DC also offers its employees a 403(b) retirement account with employer contributions and matches vesting after three years.
- Teachers are also supported with on the job professional development, a laptop computer for work, and a cell phone stipend.
Please apply immediately, as applications are accepted and roles are filled on a rolling basis. All interested applicants should visit online at www.kippdc.org/apply, and click “Lead Teacher” job posting located under “Instructional Positions.” If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via e-mail at email@example.com.
KIPP Public Charter Schools|
david johnson just became a new member.
calvin cannon just became a new member.
frederick roberts just posted a blog entitled 'indian co-ed moriah colbert is new miss prairie view a&m university'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "ironically speaking!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ chapter 5: 'farmland, a skippack retreat?' ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "in the soul and spirit of life and living!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ 'fairmount' terror in the park: the series! ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~ "seeing us-a lost for words" ~'.
markia alston just became a new member.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~'alexandre dumas, author/playwrite'~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~“it came across my desk”~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~"a man of color?"~'.
| invite friends |