Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
||St. Louis, MO
|| Accounting/Auditing, Education and Library, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Insurance, Research & Development, Medical
Special Education Teacher
K-10th Special Education Teacher
- Elementary School Special Education Teacher
- Middle School Special Education Teacher
- High School Special Education Teacher
About KIPP St. Louis
KIPP St. Louis is a growing network of free, open-enrollment, public charter schools offering a choice to families and a college-preparatory education to children in St. Louis city . Our mission is to serve as a catalyst for education reform by establishing and supporting a world class network of public schools that develop in all of our students the knowledge, skills, character, and pursuit of excellence necessary to succeed in high quality high schools and colleges and the world beyond.
KIPP St. Louis currently serves 1,600 students and at full growth, we will serve nearly 3,000 students and hundreds alumni. Today, our St. Louis network is comprised of two middle schools, two elementary schools, and a high school:
KIPP Inspire Academy, founded in 2009
KIPP Victory Academy, founded in 2014
KIPP Triumph Academy, founded in 2015
KIPP Wisdom Academy, founded in 2015
KIPP St. Louis High School, founded in 2017
We are looking for rockstar educators who will bring a “whatever it takes” attitude to helping students succeed. The Special Education Teacher is responsible for ensuring that all special education students receive comprehensive, compassionate and equitable services in order to achieve breakthrough academic achievement and character development. The Special Education Teacher will serve as an intervention specialist to assist teachers in helping every child meet grade level goals and will oversee the program and systems for all students who receive special education services. All KIPP St. Louis staff has a responsibility for ensuring that every KIPP St. Louis student achieves the academic skills, intellectual habits and character traits necessary to succeed in the nation’s top colleges and universities.
KIPP St. Louis special education teachers are on duty in school Monday through Friday from approximately 7:00am to 5:15pm (times may vary slightly by school). Many KIPP St. Louis teachers take on additional roles within the school, including working as content and grade level chairs. Though they face demanding schedules, KIPP St. Louis teachers are strongly supported by experienced and dedicated leadership and staff. KIPP St. Louis students have an extended school day and school year, and occasional Saturday School. This extra time allows KIPP St. Louis to develop innovative and highly effective instruction for all of our students. At KIPP St. Louis, we value college starting from kindergarten to keep it top of mind as they continue to grow as scholars.
Position type: Full time, exempt
Key Outcomes of the role…
What you will do…
- 90% of students with IEPs make their growth goal on the NWEA.
- Score a 90% or higher on compliance audit for special education
- Collaborate with teachers to develop effective whole group practices, small group interventions, and individualized learning activities
- Assist teachers with tracking data to determine the effectiveness of interventions
- Plan and teach small groups during guided reading
- Develop, coordinate and track individual student plans for all special services
- Provide direct student support through small group instruction and inclusion in the general education classroom
- Collaborate with teachers so that they provide instructional support that leads to dramatic academic gains for students; solicit and manage additional resources and support (OT/PT, etc.), where necessary
- Monitor and lead all IEP evaluation and processes; serve as lead communicator with teachers and principal
- Coordinate dissemination of information on student needs to principal and teachers
- Maintain all documentation and records for individual students; ensure confidentiality in reporting
- Monitor for compliance with state and federal laws, ensuring consistent, fail-safe and quality documentation; provide comprehensive, work with staff to provide holistic reporting of student performance data to principal; serve as lead contact for authorized visits
- Advise teachers and principal on modification processes for state and school-wide assessments
- Assess individual student’s progress and learning needs; demonstrate a relentless focus on helping students achieve
- Communicate students’ progress toward realizing academic and character development goals with families on a weekly basis
- Other duties as assigned by the school leadership team
What you should have...
- A Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 2 years of successful lead teaching experience in an underserved community (preferred)
- Valid Missouri Teacher Certification or willingness to become certified ASAP
- A passion for teaching in the city of St. Louis
- Dedication to helping children grow and learn
At KIPP St. Louis we take care of our employees. We provide competitive salaries, and a full slate of benefits including $0 deductible medical coverage, dental, vision, and, life insurance, short term disability and an optional 403b as a supplement to our retirement pension program. Perks include a laptop computer, eligibility for yearly performance-based bonuses, and a plethora of professional development opportunities. Benefits are subject to change year to year.
KIPP St. Louis is committed to a policy of equal treatment for all individuals applying for employment at our school. KIPP St. Louis does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.
KIPP Public Charter Schools|
david johnson just became a new member.
calvin cannon just became a new member.
frederick roberts just posted a blog entitled 'indian co-ed moriah colbert is new miss prairie view a&m university'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "ironically speaking!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ chapter 5: 'farmland, a skippack retreat?' ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "in the soul and spirit of life and living!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ 'fairmount' terror in the park: the series! ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~ "seeing us-a lost for words" ~'.
markia alston just became a new member.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~'alexandre dumas, author/playwrite'~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~“it came across my desk”~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~"a man of color?"~'.
| invite friends |