Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
|| Education and Library, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Retail/Wholesale, Research & Development, Medical
High School Biology Teacher
*This role has a July 16th, 2018 start date*
KIPP Austin’s NEXT APPLICATION DEADLINE is coming up on Sunday, February 18, 2018. We strongly encourage applicants who are interested in 2018-19 roles to apply by this date. We can’t wait to learn more about you!
POSITION OVERVIEW: KIPP Austin Public Schools’ teachers are responsible for ensuring that every KIPP Austin student achieves the academic skills, intellectual habits and character traits necessary to succeed in the nation’s top colleges and universities. Teachers use data to inform their instructional choices and develop dynamic lessons to engage all students; their successes are evidenced by significant academic gains attained by their students, and through students exhibiting character traits aligned with values of KIPP Austin.
KIPP Austin high school teachers are on duty in school Monday through Friday from approximately 8:30 am to 5:00 pm (exact start and end times vary slightly by school), with most arriving before and staying after these hours. Though they face demanding schedules, all KIPP Austin teachers are strongly supported by dedicated leadership and staff. KIPP Austin students have an extended school day and a brief mandatory summer session. This extra time allows KIPP Austin to develop innovative and highly effective instruction for all of our students. At KIPP Austin, we value college starting from Kindergarten and keep it top of mind as students continue to grow as learners.
Founded in 2016, KIPP Austin Brave (KAB) high school opened in 2016 with a class of 220 ninth grade students and has expanded to a 10th grade for 2017-18. We will be hiring for the 11th grade class! Fully grown, the school will serve 750+ students. KAB focuses on providing students with a rigorous college-preparatory curriculum as well as opportunities to explore their passions, take risks and grow as people.
- -Develop and revise a curriculum that is aligned with the standards of KIPP Austin and Texas
- -Create and implement academically rigorous lessons and assessments
- -Assess individual student’s progress and learning needs; demonstrate a relentless focus on helping students achieve
- -Support general education and special education students in achieving academic success and character growth
- -Facilitate the development of character and community in the classroom
- -Help shape and develop a school-wide atmosphere that best suits the needs of our students, teachers, and families
- -Communicate students’ progress toward realizing academic and character development goals with families on a regular basis
- -Increase student growth and achievement in content area of focus
- -Meet desired goals/benchmarks on district-wide, state, and national assessments and measures of growth
- -Ensure growth, development, and demonstration of character traits and KIPP Austin values
- -At least 2 years of teaching experience
- -Experience teaching underserved students
- -Experience working with English Language Learners (preferred)
- -Strong knowledge of subject area
- -Willingness to become Highly Qualified in Texas
- -Bachelor’s degree (required)
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- -Unwavering commitment to KIPP Austin’s mission, students, families, and community
- -Strong record of helping students achieve academic success, primarily with minority and low-income students
- -Strong desire to teach an academically intense curriculum and commit to an extended school day, week, and year
- -Desire to continuously learn and increase effectiveness as a teacher and professional; offer and receive constructive feedback
- -Willingness to be flexible and to go above and beyond to meet the needs of KIPP Austin students
- -Competitive salaries and bonus program
- -Teacher Career pathway with expert teacher development and opportunities for career advancement
- -Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage options with 79-95% of monthly medical premium costs (depending on the plan) paid by KIPP Austin
- -100% KIPP-paid short-term disability
- -Paid parental leave (amount paid based on tenure)
- -On-campus dry cleaning pick-up
- -Retail discounts
- -Gold’s Gym individual and family plan discount
OUR MISSION: KIPP Austin Public Schools believes that every child, regardless of economic background has the right to an exemplary education. We will empower our students to thrive in and graduate from college, choose their paths, and positively impact their communities.
No phone calls or emails please.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
KIPP Public Charter Schools|