Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
|| Accounting/Auditing, Education and Library, Financial Services, Human Resources, Information Technology, Collegiate Faculty, Staff, Administration, Executive Management, Research & Development, Writing/Authoring
Elementary Assistant Principal
About KIPP Nashville
KIPP Nashville is a network of high-performing, college preparatory public schools that has been committed to creating a vibrant, college-going culture in Nashville since 2005. KIPP Nashville is partnered with the acclaimed KIPP Network, which educates over 88,000 students nation-wide and supports low-income students to college at a rate 4x higher than that of their peers.
KIPP Nashville currently operates 2 elementary school (KIPP Kirkpatrick Elementary School and KIPP Nashville College Prep Elementary), 2 middle schools (KIPP Academy Nashville and KIPP Nashville College Prep), and 1 high school (KIPP Nashville Collegiate High School). Our alumni have achieved a 95% high school graduation rate and are supported to and through college by our KIPP Through College program. We are excited to expand our K-16 continuum by growing to 7 schools by 2020.
The mission of KIPP Nashville is to cultivate in its students the character and academic skills needed to succeed in rigorous colleges and have an opportunity-filled life in the world beyond. If you share in this belief, if you have a proven willingness to do whatever it takes for students to achieve, if you thrive in an environment that is both collaborative and entrepreneurial, then you are already a KIPPster.
The Assistant Principal assumes the primary responsibility for supporting a school culture that sets high-expectations and empowers students to develop the knowledge, skills, and character traits necessary to pursue a choice-filled life. As an instructional coach, and through the direct coaching of teachers, the Assistant Principal will focus on maximizing school-wide academic growth and character development. In partnership with the School Leader, the Assistant Principal will ensure that teachers and students feel well supported in their daily work. The Assistant Principal has a strong understanding of race and equity, and is passionate about developing teachers to become stronger leaders. This position requires an organized and consistent educator with a concrete vision of excellence, adult leadership experience, the ability to build outstanding relationships with students, teachers, and families, and a talent for building a school culture. The Assistant Principal will report to the School Leader.
Responsibilities of the Assistant Principal will include, but are not limited to:
- Student Culture
- Work closely with the School Leader to establish a loving, structured, and achievement-oriented school culture
- Facilitate faculty training and support around discipline, relationships, expectations, consistency, and management
- Coordinate and implement a school-wide discipline system with meaningful incentives and consequences in multi-class settings (i.e. buses, arrival, dismissal, breakfast, lunch, and recess)
- Act as the first contact for student behavior support that are flagged by teachers
- Conduct regular school culture walkthroughs and audits to help staff maintain a high bar of excellence
- Problem-solve with students, teachers, and families to improve behavior of individual students over time
- Engage Families
- Proactively builds and maintains strong relationships with all families beginning in the summer and serves as a model for strong family engagement in the school
- Develop ongoing professional learning experiences to build the skill of strong family engagement in staff
- Assist teachers to develop strong partnerships with parents by enhancing communications
- Work closely with faculty to develop strategic plans to monitor family engagement and act proactively
- Design and execute plan for involving parents in students’ academic and character development
- Conduct meetings with students and families
- Establish and maintain strong communication lines with all parents and share progress
- Be available for open houses, parent-teacher conferences and other events involving parents
- Lead ongoing parent workshops focused on academics and character
- Instructional Excellence and Management
- Coach Lead and Associate Teachers toward development goals related to classroom culture, management and instruction once a week, as well as deliver instructional professional development school-wide
- Provide feedback on aims and assessments weekly
- Conduct data meetings with teachers after each benchmark assessment, and monitor overall academic progress for students
- Assist in writing and revising benchmark assessments
- Assist School Leader in coordinating and managing state, MAP and interim assessments
- Growth Mindset
- Willing to offer support and receive constructive feedback from colleagues in order to create a professional working atmosphere that is conducive to change and improvement
- Participate in school-wide and individual professional development, including pre-service training over the summer and weekly during the academic year
- Perform duties such as monitoring lunch, arrival, dismissal, covering classes, etc.
- Carry out any additional daily school duties as decided upon by the School Leader
- Responsible for school in the School Leader’s absence
- Ensure effective field lessons, school events, and extracurricular activities
- Model school core values and character strengths at all times
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least three years of teaching experience with a proven record of high achievement
- Experience teaching an educationally underserved community
- Experience coaching and managing adults; proven ability to proactively lead by example
- Demonstrated success in building relationships and trust with leaders, teachers, students, parents and community
- Strong instructional acumen and ability to use data to evaluate strategic options
- Clear understanding of culturally responsive pedagogy and leadership
- Experience teaching or supporting English Language Learners, preferred
- Unwavering commitment to KIPP Nashville’s mission, students, families, and community
- Firm believe in affirming the identity of students, families and staff
- Passionate and committed to being a leader for racial justice and equity, and leading in an anti-racist school
- Passionate about data-driven instruction
- Demonstrates excitement in growing staff into their highest self as a leader for our students and families
- Physical and emotional endurance to support with challenging students; maintain emotional control under stress
- Superb personal organization skills to keep on top of deadlines and measures of accountability
- Team player: demonstrates maturity, growth mindset, strong work ethic, follow-through and flexibility
- Proficiency in Spanish, Arabic, and/or Somali (Preferred)
Salary is competitive, commensurate with experience, and includes benefits. This position will work and be compensated according to a 12-month administrative schedule.
Apply directly at http://kippcareers.force.com/jobboard?site=Nashville. Please contact Alyssa Ingrum, Manager of Talent Recruitment, at email@example.com with questions.
KIPP Nashville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual preference, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, pregnancy, or veteran status.
KIPP Public Charter Schools|
david johnson just became a new member.
calvin cannon just became a new member.
frederick roberts just posted a blog entitled 'indian co-ed moriah colbert is new miss prairie view a&m university'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "ironically speaking!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ chapter 5: 'farmland, a skippack retreat?' ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "in the soul and spirit of life and living!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ 'fairmount' terror in the park: the series! ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~ "seeing us-a lost for words" ~'.
markia alston just became a new member.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~'alexandre dumas, author/playwrite'~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~“it came across my desk”~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~"a man of color?"~'.
| invite friends |