Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
|| Education and Library, Financial Services, Human Resources, Information Technology, Executive Management, Research & Development
Elementary Art Teacher
About KIPP Nashville
KIPP Nashville is a network of high-performing, college preparatory public schools that has been committed to creating a vibrant, college-going culture in Nashville since 2005. KIPP Nashville is partnered with the acclaimed KIPP Network, which educates over 88,000 students nation-wide and supports low-income students to college at a rate 4x higher than that of their peers.
KIPP Nashville currently operates 2 elementary school (KIPP Kirkpatrick Elementary School and KIPP Nashville College Prep Elementary), 2 middle schools (KIPP Academy Nashville and KIPP Nashville College Prep), and 1 high school (KIPP Nashville Collegiate High School). Our alumni have achieved a 95% high school graduation rate and are supported to and through college by our KIPP Through College program. We are excited to expand our K-16 continuum by growing to 7 schools by 2020.
The mission of KIPP Nashville is to cultivate in its students the character and academic skills needed to succeed in rigorous colleges and have an opportunity-filled life in the world beyond. If you share in this belief, if you have a proven willingness to do whatever it takes for students to achieve, if you thrive in an environment that is both collaborative and entrepreneurial, then you are already a KIPPster.
The Elementary Related Arts Teacher will work alongside Lead and Associate to cultivate in students a love for creativity and arts, and will build the foundations a strong art program.
Responsibilities of the Elementary Related Arts Teacher will include, but are not limited to:
- Curriculum Development and Instruction
- Development and execute a rigorous curriculum and assess students’ progress
- Develop rigorous lessons, create unit plans, rubrics, and assessments
- Provide students with daily feedback on performance in character and skills, and plan for individual learning needs
- Demonstrate strong pedagogy and passion for content area
- Commitment to School and Classroom Culture
- Work collaboratively with your school team and those across KIPP Nashville
- Help develop school-wide culture that best fits the needs of our students, teachers, and families
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings and communicate openly with staff
- Develop positive rapport with students and families
- Create and foster a positive and calm learning environment
- Enforce, uphold, and exhibit school’s values, student management policies and culture
- Family Engagement
- Establish and maintain strong communication lines with all parents and share progress
- Be available to open houses, parent-teacher conferences, and other events involving families
- Growth Mindset
- Pursue challenging professional goals each year
- Willing to offer support and receive constructive feedback from colleague sin order to create a professional working atmosphere that is conducive to change and improvement
- Participate in school-wide and individual professional development, including pre-service training over the summer and weekly during the academic year (held during school hours)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least two years of teaching experience with a proven record of success (Highly Preferred)
- Experience working with underserved communities, families, and/or students (Preferred)
- Certification in Art Education
- Demonstrated success in building relationships and trust with leaders, teachers, students, parents and community
- Unwavering commitment to KIPP Nashville’s mission, students, families, and community
- Firm belief in affirming the identity of students, families, and staff
- Passionate about growing as a leader for racial justice and serving in an anti-racist school
- Eagerness to collaborate and problem-solve with a variety of stakeholders
- Sensitive and responsive to the needs of others
- Demonstrate commitment to continue their professional development individually
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit, be flexible, and willing to go above and beyond to meet the varied and constant needs of students
- Proficiency in Spanish, Arabic, and/or Somali (Preferred)
Salary is competitive, commensurate with experience, and includes benefits.
Apply directly at http://kippcareers.force.com/jobboard?site=Nashville. Please contact Alyssa Ingrum, Manager of Talent Recruitment, at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
KIPP Nashville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual preference, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, pregnancy, or veteran status.
KIPP Public Charter Schools|