Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
|| Education and Library, Financial Services, Hospitality/Tourism, Human Resources, Information Technology, Executive Management, Research & Development
Elementary Special Education Co-Teacher
About KIPP Nashville
KIPP Nashville is a network of high-performing, college preparatory public schools that has been committed to creating a vibrant, college-going culture in Nashville since 2005. KIPP Nashville is partnered with the acclaimed KIPP Network, which educates over 88,000 students nation-wide and supports low-income students to college at a rate 4x higher than that of their peers.
KIPP Nashville currently operates 2 elementary school (KIPP Kirkpatrick Elementary School and KIPP Nashville College Prep Elementary), 2 middle schools (KIPP Academy Nashville and KIPP Nashville College Prep), and 1 high school (KIPP Nashville Collegiate High School). Our alumni have achieved a 95% high school graduation rate and are supported to and through college by our KIPP Through College program. We are excited to expand our K-16 continuum by growing to 7 schools by 2020.
The mission of KIPP Nashville is to cultivate in its students the character and academic skills needed to succeed in rigorous colleges and have an opportunity-filled life in the world beyond. If you share in this belief, if you have a proven willingness to do whatever it takes for students to achieve, if you thrive in an environment that is both collaborative and entrepreneurial, then you are already a KIPPster.
The Elementary Special Education Co-Teacher will lead supports for students with special needs to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical and social growth. The Elementary Special Education Co-Teacher will provide critical guidance to Lead Teachers to ensure that all staff are complying with and meeting the needs of students with special needs.
Responsibilities of the Elementary Special Education Co-Teacher will include, but are not limited to:
- Special Education Coordination
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and district Special Education and ELL regulations
- Develop processes for entering and exiting students into services
- Design and, with the support of necessary school staff, execute RTI process for behavior and academics
- Administer relevant assessments
- Oversee the development, revision and execution of student IEPs and 504 Plans
- Lead IEP and 504 Plan meetings
- Special Education Leadership
- Meet with general education teachers to review IEPs, answer questions, provide strategies and supports, as needed
- Adapt and differentiate general education teachers’ weekly lesson plans, assessments and homework to meet individual student goals.
- Support teacher development in serving Special Education and ELL students through individual coaching and group professional development
- Curriculum Development and Instruction
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of individual students
- Use progress-monitoring tools to analyze student results for the purpose of modifying and adjusting strategies, programming, and IEPs
- Use data to inform instructional decisions
- Provide students with daily feedback on mastery performance in character and academics and plan for individual learning needs
- Demonstrate strong pedagogy
- Commitment to School and Classroom Culture
- Work collaboratively with your school team and those across KIPP Nashville
- Help develop school-wide culture that best fits the needs of our students, teachers and families
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings and communicate openly with staff
- Develop positive rapport with students
- Create and foster a positive and calm learning environment
- Enforce, uphold, and exhibit school’s values, student management policies and culture
- Family Engagement
- Establish and maintain strong communication lines with all parents and share progress
- Be available for open houses, parent teacher conferences and other events involving parents
- Make him/herself available to students, parents and other staff members
- Growth Mindset
- Pursue challenging professional goals each year
- Willing to offer support and receive constructive feedback from colleagues in order to create a professional working atmosphere that is conducive to change and improvement
- Participate in school-wide and individual professional development, including pre-service training over the summer and weekly during the academic year (held during school hours)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least three years of teaching experience with a proven record of high achievement
- Experience teaching an educationally underserved community
- Experience coaching and managing adults; proven ability to proactively lead by example
- Demonstrated success in building relationships and trust with leaders, teachers, students, parents and community
- Strong instructional acumen and ability to use data to evaluate strategic options
- Clear understanding of culturally responsive pedagogy and leadership
- Experience teaching or supporting English Language Learners, preferred
- Valid Tennessee teaching license or willingness to pursue state certification, if needed
- ELL Certification and/or experience working with English Language Learners a plus
- Unwavering commitment to KIPP Nashville’s mission, students, families, and community
- Firm believe in affirming the identity of students, families and staff
- Passionate about data-driven instruction
- Demonstrates excitement in growing staff into their highest self as a leader for our students and families
- Physical and emotional endurance to support with challenging students; maintain emotional control under stress
- Superb personal organization skills to keep on top of deadlines and measures of accountability
- Team player: demonstrates maturity, growth mindset, strong work ethic, follow-through and flexibility
Salary is competitive, commensurate with experience, and includes benefits.
Apply directly at http://kippcareers.force.com/jobboard?site=Nashville. Please contact Alyssa Ingrum, Manager of Talent Recruitment, at email@example.com with questions.
KIPP Nashville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual preference, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, pregnancy, or veteran status.
KIPP Public Charter Schools|
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ chapter 5: 'farmland, a skippack retreat?' ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "in the soul and spirit of life and living!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ 'fairmount' terror in the park: the series! ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~ "seeing us-a lost for words" ~'.
markia alston just became a new member.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~'alexandre dumas, author/playwrite'~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~“it came across my desk”~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~"a man of color?"~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ “out from the shadows” ~'.
christina harris just became a new member.
antoine fisher just edited his profile.
antoine fisher just commented on a poll entitled 'christians read the story about jesus in the new testament ,,,but '.
| invite friends |