Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
|| Education and Library, Finance/Economics, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Human Resources, Information Technology, Insurance, Research & Development, Medical
2018-19 Lead Teacher
2018-19 Academic Year
At KIPP Colorado Schools, all students will learn and achieve.
KIPP Colorado Schools is part of the national KIPP network of tuition-free, open enrollment college-preparatory public charter schools dedicated to preparing students from underserved communities for success in college and life.
Who we are: KIPP Colorado Schools is a network of six high-performing, college-preparatory public charter schools. We educate students in grades 9-12 at KIPP Denver Collegiate High School, and grades 5-8 at KIPP Sunshine Peak Academy and KIPP Northeast Denver Middle School. For the 2018-19 school year, KIPP Northeast Elementary will educate students in ECE-4 through fourth grade and KIPP Northeast Denver Leadership Academy will educate students in grades 9-12. KIPP Sunshine Peak Elementary will educate students in ECE-3, ECE-4, and kindergarten.
What we do: We set clearly defined and measurable high expectations for academic achievement and conduct in order to create and reinforce a culture of achievement and support. We know that every student is different and we personalize learning based on a student’s needs, skills, and interests.
How we do it: Great schools require great teachers and school leaders. We empower our educators to lead school teams, and we invest in training to help them grow as professionals. Our schools provide a safe, structured, and nurturing environment with minimal distractions and more time for both academics and extra-curriculars, so our students love school and maximize their learning.
Why it matters: Great education transforms lives. At KIPP Colorado Schools, teachers, students, and families are all united around the same goal: college and a choice-filled life. We believe that an excellent college-preparatory education will set students up for success in whatever life path they choose. Through collective hard work and commitment, KIPP students complete college at a rate that is above the national average for all students and four times higher than that of students from similar economic backgrounds.
Instructional Planning and Delivery
- Develop standards-based unit plans and daily lesson plans.
- Design and deliver rigorous, backwards-planned lessons.
- Design and implement assessments that are aligned with daily objectives.
- Use data to adjust short- and long-term plans in order to meet students’ learning needs.
- Collaborate with colleagues and seek feedback in the spirit of continuous improvement.
- Reflect on instructional practices to meet individual professional development goals.
- Assume personal responsibility for student achievement.
- Actively participate in professional development, grade level, and department meetings.
School Culture Alignment
- Believe deeply in the mission of KIPP Colorado Schools and that all children can learn.
- Establish and maintain relationships with students and families based on trust and respect.
- Approach practice with a sense of urgency to maximize instructional time.
- Establish and maintain high expectations for academic work and classroom behavior.
- Establish and reinforce rules and consequences to maintain positive, focused classroom.
- Meet professional obligations such as meeting deadlines and honoring schedules.
- Conduct periodic home visits to build strong relationships with students and parents.
- Communicate regularly with families about academic progress and behavior.
- Be accessible by school cell phone for homework help and student emergencies beyond regular school hours.
- Participate in parent meetings, conferences, and periodic evening events.
- Coordinate and lead overnight field lessons both in and out of state to extend student learning.
- Participate in daily duties (i.e. breakfast, lunch, dismissal) to support school operations.
- Maintain accurate records, grade book, and data tracking systems.
- Assist with both student and staff recruitment.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Fulfill all state and federal guidelines to meet "Highly Qualified" criteria
- Able and willing to work extended school day hours, including occasional Saturday School obligations (depending on school site)
- Commitment to and experience with youth of various cultural and lower economic backgrounds (at least 2 years of teaching experience highly preferred)
- Relentless focus on results and a commitment to teamwork
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Benefits package including medical insurance and participation in PERA.
- All staff members are issued a laptop computer and cell phone.
- Numerous professional growth and leadership opportunities within KIPP Colorado Schools.
This position will begin July 23, 2018. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Employee benefits include medical, dental, participation in PERA, and a paid time-off package.
KIPP Colorado Schools is dedicated to equal employment opportunities and fair labor practices. KIPP Colorado Schools, KIPP Denver Collegiate High School, KIPP Northeast Denver Middle School, KIPP Northeast Elementary, KIPP Northeast Denver Leadership Academy, KIPP Sunshine Peak Academy and KIPP Sunshine Peak Elementary provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications, and the ability to perform a job without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religious creed, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, legally protected medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, or on any other basis made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. It is our policy to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
KIPP Public Charter Schools|
david johnson just became a new member.
calvin cannon just became a new member.
frederick roberts just posted a blog entitled 'indian co-ed moriah colbert is new miss prairie view a&m university'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "ironically speaking!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ chapter 5: 'farmland, a skippack retreat?' ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "in the soul and spirit of life and living!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ 'fairmount' terror in the park: the series! ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~ "seeing us-a lost for words" ~'.
markia alston just became a new member.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~'alexandre dumas, author/playwrite'~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~“it came across my desk”~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~"a man of color?"~'.
| invite friends |