Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
|| Education and Library, Finance/Economics, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Insurance, Research & Development, Medical
2018-19 Teaching Fellow
Teaching Fellow (Elementary)
2018-19 Academic Year
To apply, please visit: http://www.kippcolorado.org/careers/Apply-Now.cfm
At KIPP Colorado Schools, all students will learn and achieve.
KIPP Colorado Schools is part of the national KIPP network of tuition-free, open enrollment college-preparatory public charter schools dedicated to preparing students from underserved communities for success in college and life.
Who we are: KIPP Colorado Schools is a network of six high-performing, college-preparatory public charter schools. We educate students in grades 9-12 at KIPP Denver Collegiate High School, and grades 5-8 at KIPP Sunshine Peak Academy and KIPP Northeast Denver Middle School. For the 2018-19 school year, KIPP Northeast Elementary will educate students in ECE-4 through fourth grade and KIPP Northeast Denver Leadership Academy will educate students in grades 9-12. KIPP Sunshine Peak Elementary will educate students in ECE-3, ECE-4, and kindergarten.
What we do: We set clearly defined and measurable high expectations for academic achievement and conduct in order to create and reinforce a culture of achievement and support. We know that every student is different and we personalize learning based on a student’s needs, skills, and interests.
How we do it: Great schools require great teachers and school leaders. We empower our educators to lead school teams, and we invest in training to help them grow as professionals. Our schools provide a safe, structured, and nurturing environment with minimal distractions and more time for both academics and extra-curriculars, so our students love school and maximize their learning.
Why it matters: Great education transforms lives. At KIPP Colorado Schools, teachers, students, and families are all united around the same goal: college and a choice-filled life. We believe that an excellent college-preparatory education will set students up for success in whatever life path they choose. Through collective hard work and commitment, KIPP students complete college at a rate that is above the national average for all students and four times higher than that of students from similar economic backgrounds.
About the Teaching Fellow position: Teaching Fellows will provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences designed to fulfill their potential for academic, emotional, physical, and social growth. They will receive opportunities in the classroom and school in order to become excellent teachers under the guidance of one or more lead teachers and administrative staff. Upon the completion of a successful year, Teaching Fellows will have the opportunity to become lead teachers in their second year. Teaching Fellows report to their Lead Teacher.
Key Differences between Teaching Fellows and Lead Teachers: A Teaching Fellow, unlike a Lead Teacher, does not have the direct responsibility of managing the learning and culture of the classroom. At the start of the academic year, the Teaching Fellow will assume partial responsibility for long-term planning, daily planning, assessment creation, instruction and behavior management. The Lead Teacher will support the Teaching Fellow in providing learning opportunities to develop in these areas, gradually releasing control to the Teaching Fellow. By the end of the academic year, the Teaching Fellow will manage the majority of the planning, instruction and behavior management so that he/ she is ready to assume a Lead Teacher position the following academic year.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Instructional Planning and Delivery
Classroom Culture and Management
- In collaboration with the Lead Teacher, plan a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students
- Create a classroom environment that is physically and culturally conducive to learning and is developmentally appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students
- Prepare lessons that reflect best practices and accommodations for individual differences of students
- Prepare for classes assigned and show written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor
- Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and, in harmony with the goals, establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects to communicate these objectives to the students
- Assess student learning in an ongoing manner while providing frequent student feedback, information to parents and written progress reports as directed by Mentor/Lead Teacher
Collaboration and Academic Support
- Encourage students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior
- Maintain order in the classroom in a fair and just manner
- Assist the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct
School Culture Alignment
- Collaborate with their Lead Teacher to ensure needs of all learners are met
- Meet with the Lead Teacher to plan lessons and discuss upcoming classroom events
- Observe lead teachers and debrief on classroom management and instructional strategies
- Believe deeply in the mission of KIPP Colorado Schools and that all children can learn
- Establish and maintain relationships with students and families based on trust and respect
- Approach practice with a sense of urgency to maximize instructional time
- Establish and maintain high expectations for academic work and classroom behavior
- Meet professional obligations such as meeting deadlines and honoring schedules
Qualifications and Skills
- Collaborate with colleagues and seek feedback in the spirit of continuous improvement
- Assume personal responsibility for student achievement
- Actively participate in professional development, grade level, and department meetings
Compensation and Benefits
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Student teaching and/ or paraprofessional experience preferred
- Able and willing to work extended school day hours, including occasional Saturday School obligations (depending on school site)
- Commitment to and experience with youth of various cultural and lower economic backgrounds
- Demonstrated leadership, results, growth mindset and ability to work across lines of difference
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- Benefits package including medical insurance, participation in PERA and other optional opportunities
- Staff members are issued a laptop computer and cell phone
- Numerous professional growth and leadership opportunities within KIPP Colorado Schools
- This position will begin 7/23/2018
To apply please visit: http://www.kippcolorado.org/careers/
KIPP Colorado Schools is dedicated to equal employment opportunities and fair labor practices. KIPP Colorado Schools, KIPP Denver Collegiate High School, KIPP Northeast Denver Middle School, KIPP Northeast Elementary, KIPP Northeast Denver Leadership Academy, KIPP Sunshine Peak Academy and KIPP Sunshine Peak Elementary provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications, and the ability to perform a job without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religious creed, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, legally protected medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, or on any other basis made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. It is our policy to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
KIPP Public Charter Schools|
david johnson just became a new member.
calvin cannon just became a new member.
frederick roberts just posted a blog entitled 'indian co-ed moriah colbert is new miss prairie view a&m university'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "ironically speaking!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ chapter 5: 'farmland, a skippack retreat?' ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "in the soul and spirit of life and living!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ 'fairmount' terror in the park: the series! ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~ "seeing us-a lost for words" ~'.
markia alston just became a new member.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~'alexandre dumas, author/playwrite'~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~“it came across my desk”~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~"a man of color?"~'.
| invite friends |