Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
|| Education and Library, Financial Services, Government and Policy, Human Resources, Information Technology, Logistics, Research & Development, Energy / Utilities
Special Projects Coordinator
Who we are.
KIPP (Knowledge Is Power Program) is a national network of free, open-enrollment, public schools that are successful in helping students from educationally underserved communities develop the knowledge, skills, character, and habits needed to succeed in college and the competitive world beyond.There are currently 209 KIPP schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia serving nearly 88,000 students. Today, KIPP Massachusetts operates 2 districts in the greater Boston area educating nearly 1,890 students and families and over 400 alumni on their journeys to and through college with our KIPP Through College Program.
What we do & why it matters.
Nation-wide, only 10% of students from low income communities like Lynn and Boston graduate from college, compared to 84% of their more affluent peers. Preparing our students for successful lives of independence and impact drives the work of all KIPP school leaders, teachers, and staff. Nationally, KIPP alumni graduate from college at 4 times the national average, which is good, but not good enough. We project our High School class of 2015, the first to benefit from a 5-12 KIPP education, will graduate from college at 5 times the national average. Our goal is for 75% of our alumni to graduate from college.
In Lynn we are building a K-12 education system.Our High Rock campus in Lynn is home to KIPP Academy Lynn Elementary educating 366 students in grades K-2, KIPP Academy Lynn Middle School educating 483 students in grades 5-8 and KIPP Academy Lynn Collegiate High School educating 485 students in grades 9-12.We are excited to grow our Lynn elementary school to include grades K-3 in 2018-2019 and grades K-4 by 2019-2020.
Our Blue Hill campus in Mattapan is home to KIPP Academy Boston Elementary School educating 283 K-3 students and KIPP Academy Boston Middle School, educating 269 students in grades 5-8 and families in our newest K-8 school. We are excited to grow our Boston elementary school to include grades K-4 in 2018-2019 resulting in a fully grown K – 8 campus.
Across all our schools, 81% of students are economically disadvantaged, 14% receive Special Education services, and 20% are identified as English Language Learners.At KIPP, we believe that all kids can and will learn, and our staff members are dedicated to ensuring we serve the needs of all our learners. We are at our best when we are engaging students’ joy and curiosity through rigorous curriculum that will put them on the paths toward lives of independence and impact.
By 2020, KIPP will serve 10% or more of Lynn public school students and join our charter peers in Boston to serve 20% of Boston’s public school students.We will also scale our KIPP through College (KTC) program to serve 857 alumni by 2020, effectively tripling the total number of students reached by KIPP Massachusetts.
Special Projects Coordinator
The Special Projects Coordinator will work to recruit and enroll students for a KIPP MA School site. In addition to student recruitment, the SPC will support the operations team by completing various school projects related to operations, school accountability, community relations, and strategic planning. The SPC must be able to communicate effectively with students, teachers, families, trustees, donors, and visitors.
- Develop and sustain strong community partnerships with the KIPP MA school site.
- Proactively develop relationships with family members.
- Build strategies for recruiting students including phone-a-thons, mailings, targeted outreach, home visits, etc.
- Conduct KIPP MA information sessions.
- Coordinate all mass communication (including key mailings, key phone calls) with families.
- Track communication with potential students and families (ie, home visits, phone calls etc.).
- Support and assist families with all of their pre-opening responsibilities (e.g., uniform ordering, attendance at family orientations).
- Serve as key point of contact for families as questions arise.
- Greet families at student open houses or registration (including periodic Saturdays).
- Organize staff events and prepare materials for staff workshops/trainings.
- Work with School Leadership Team to ensure that all government and authorized grant proposals and reports are completed on time.
- Support data-entry and maintenance of school-wide systems.
- Support coordination of logistics and preparations for school events and activities as needed.
- Assist in support of staff meetings, staff retreats, and staff orientation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
General responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
At KIPP, we believe that an excellent staff member does the following:
- Believes that all of us can and will learn and creates a positive learning environment with high expectations for all students and staff throughout the school;
- Thrives as part of a team-oriented, mission-driven culture;
- Exudes joy and a love of learning every single day;
- Demonstrates a growth mindset and a desire to continually improve through feedback, coaching, and professional development;
- Constantly assesses progress, communicates results clearly, and uses data to inform decisions and set ambitious goals.
- Has a strong work ethic and commits to doing whatever it takes for students to excel, including committing to an extended work day and remaining available to colleagues, students, and families outside of school hours
Qualified candidates have the following:
- Passion and deep alignment with KIPPMA mission, values, culture, and team.
- A deep desire to work with educationally underserved student populations and their families.
- An unwavering commitment to the academic success and personal development of our students.
- An eagerness to set ambitious, challenging, and tangible goals, and a relentless drive to achieve them.
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and a capacity to remain calm and focused when faced with unexpected challenges.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including strong public speaking skills.
- Enthusiasm and sense of humor.
- A sense of humility.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Prior direct K-12 teaching or education program experience ideal.
KIPP Public Charter Schools|