Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
||Boston Area, MA
|| Education and Library, Financial Services, Human Resources, Information Technology, Warehousing, Executive Management, Quality Control, Research & Development, Energy / Utilities
Who we are.
KIPP (Knowledge Is Power Program) is a national network of free, open-enrollment, public schools that are successful in helping students from educationally underserved communities develop the knowledge, skills, character, and habits needed to succeed in college and the competitive world beyond. There are currently 200 KIPP schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia serving 80,000 students. Today, KIPP Massachusetts serves over 1,700 students in our five schools in Boston and Lynn and over 400 alumni on their journeys to and through college with our KIPP Through College Program.
What we do & why it matters.
Nation-wide, only 10% of students from low income communities like Lynn and Boston graduate from college, compared to 84% of their more affluent peers. Preparing our students for successful lives of independence and impact drives the work of all KIPP school leaders, teachers, and staff. Nationally, KIPP alumni graduate from college at 4 times the national average, which is good, but not good enough. We project our Class of 2015, the first to benefit from a 5-12 KIPP education, will graduate from college at 5 times the national average. Our goal is for 75% of our alumni to graduate from college.
KIPP MA serves over 1,700 students at five schools in 2016-17. KIPP MA will serve over 1,900 students at five schools in 2017-18.
In Lynn, MA, we are building a K-12 education system across three schools. We currently serve students in grades K-1 at KIPP Academy Lynn Elementary School, in grades 5-8 at KIPP Academy Lynn Middle School, and in grades 9-12 at KIPP Academy Lynn Collegiate High School. We are excited to build our Lynn elementary school to serve grades K-2 in 2017-2018 and grades K-4 by 2019-2020.
In Boston, MA, we are building a K-8 education system across two schools. We currently serve students in grades K-2 at KIPP Academy Boston Elementary and in 5-8 at KIPP Academy Boston. We are excited to grow our Boston elementary school to serve grades K-3 in 2017-2018 and grades K-4 by 2018-2019.
Across all our schools, 81% of students are economically disadvantaged, 14% receive Special Education services, and 20% are identified as English Language Learners. At KIPP, we believe that all kids can and will learn, and our staff members are dedicated to ensuring we serve the needs of all our learners. We are at our best when we are engaging students’ joy and curiosity through rigorous curriculum that will put them on the paths toward lives of independence and impact.
By 2020, KIPP will serve 10% or more of Lynn public school students and join our charter peers in Boston to serve 20% of Boston’s public school students. We will also scale our KIPP through College (KTC) program to serve 857 alumni by 2020, effectively tripling the total number of students served by KIPP Massachusetts.
Collaboration and Partnership Management
- Collaborates with Teaching and Learning team, School Leadership teams, and Regional Leadership Team to: set regional academic data vision and priorities; analyze student achievement data; create regional testing calendar; identify strengths and areas for improvement; gather and disseminate best practices between schools and from other organizations in the areas of assessment, analysis and decision-making
- Advocates for the use of sound and efficient student data management and data-informed decision making across the region
- Works cross-functionally with internal and external teams
- Works with school and regional leadership to identify key metrics from the KIPP Healthy Schools (HSR) and Regions Framework and other relevant measures to monitor student, school and regional progress towards academic goals and inform decision making
Reporting and Analysis
- Leads development and design of dashboards and other achievement reports or analyses (i.e. Board of Trustees presentations, Teaching and Learning presentations, Leadership Team data dashboards) that answer questions for key stakeholders, provide insight on student, school and regional academic performance trends and patterns and progress over time
- Conducts analyses of student achievement data and school information using relevant visualization tools such as Excel or Tableau
- Completes data verification and support of external data requests i.e. state & compliance reporting, KIPP Foundation reporting, etc.)
- Oversees data warehouse of all student assessment results
Coaching and Development
- Manages Data Manager and Data Coordinator
- Collaborates with Teaching and Learning Team and School Leaders to conduct professional development sessions around progress and initiatives in data management, analytics, and data-related change management
Qualified candidates have the following:
- Bachelor's degree plus 7+ years demonstrable experience
- Expertise in data visualization, preferably using Excel and Tableau
- Expertise working with large spreadsheets and data warehouses
- Demonstrable project management skills and change management experience
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, and graphic)
- Previous work navigating a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with tight deadlines
- Experience in education setting preferred
Internal candidates: If you are currently a member of the KIPP MA team, please apply by emailing your resume to the Recruitment Team at Talent@kippma.org. Be sure to indicate to which position you wish to apply.
External candidates: If you do not currently work for the KIPP:MA team, please visit our job board at http://kippcareers.force.com/jobboard?site=Massachusetts and complete an online application.
KIPP Public Charter Schools|
Empower New York students to succeed as an AmeriCorps member
with Reading Partners in New York, NY.
Empower community volunteers as an AmeriCorps member in New York City
with Reading Partners in New York, NY.
Communications & Marketing Director with Conservation Organization (Any Intermountain West State)
with Western Resource Advocates in Any Intermountain West State (AZ, CO, MT, NM, NV, , US.
with Glynn County Board of Commissioners in Brunswick, GA.
Senior Digital Marketing Manager
with Doctors Without Borders in Manhattan, New York, NY.
|>> more | add|