Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
|| Agriculture, Forestry, & Fishing, Computers, Software, Customer Service and Call Center, Education and Library, Hospitality/Tourism, Information Technology, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Restaurant and Food Service, Transportation, Collegiate Faculty, Staff, Administration, Executive Management
Child Nutrition Field Supervisor
Job Title: Field Supervisor Wage/Hour Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Director, Child Nutrition Services Pay Grade:
Work Days: 10 Months Date Created: 12/6/2017
Dept/School: Child Nutrition Department
The Field Supervisor for Child Nutrition is responsible for supporting the Campus Operations Managers in the areas of food service, policy/procedures, and management of the Child Nutrition Programs and grants. This role is also responsible for the coordination, with other KIPP personnel, of district-wide initiatives as identified by the Director of Child Nutrition.
The Field Supervisor for Child Nutrition position furthers the mission of KIPP Houston by providing healthy meals and nutrition education resources and activities for students and faculty.
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Food and Nutrition, Business Management, Hospitality Management, or other nutritional or business field.
- Three (3) years’ experience in related or applicable functions.
- Above Average communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Proficient use of computers, different communication equipment, and other common office equipment.
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- Reliable mode of transportation
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The Field Supervisor for Child Nutrition:
- Knows, understands and assists in implementing the requirements of the Child Nutrition Program.
- Ability to communicate well with parents, school/program staff, vendors, and the general public.
- Competent in Microsoft Word, Excel, Works, etc.
- Provide software system support and updates – Primero & ParentOnline
- Provide first-line technical support for kitchen staff
- Assist with Meal Application processing (Registration)
- Assist with Program (NSLP, NSBP, Snack, Grant initiatives) implementation and compliance oversight
- Review and assists the process of providing free and reduced lunch applications following United States Department of Agriculture and Texas Education Agency guidelines for meal eligibility and reimbursement of federal funds.
- Complete on-site inspections to verify adherence to federal, state, local and district standards regarding food production, health code requirements, food safety, service and quality.
- Communicates with the director on a continual basis the findings, problems and successes observed in individual schools and documents findings
- Maintain and review written department procedures for all food service operations. Assists in the adherence of safety standards for individual schools
- Evaluate the use of HACCP procedures, organizational management, and all other aspects of daily kitchen performance.
- Assist in evaluation of capital equipment needs as well as supervise the use and care of major equipment.
- Coordinate maintenance work requests; log and track work orders by date and locations.
- Develops a wide variety of written materials for the purpose of documenting activities and/or conveying information. Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required.
- Attend professional growth activities to keep abreast of innovative techniques for food service operations.
- Coordinates a wide variety of projects functions and/or activities related to the CN department for the purpose of completing activities and/or delivering services in a timely fashion.
- Establish positive working relationships with district administrative leadership, head of school, school staff and all other KIPP Houston Public Schools departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
KIPP Public Charter Schools|