Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
||San Antonio, TX
|| Education and Library, Information Technology, Internet/E-Commerce, Research & Development, Environmental, Web Technology
KIPP San Antonio Position: Teacher’s Aide
The mission of KIPP is to create a respected, influential, and national network of public schools that are successful in helping students from educationally underserved communities develop the knowledge, skills, character and habits needed to succeed in college and the competitive world beyond.
Our vision is that, one day, all public schools will help children develop the knowledge, skills, character, and habits necessary to achieve their dreams while making the world a better place.
KIPP San Antonio currently serves more than 3,000 students across six schools:
• KIPP Aspire Academy, founded in 2003;
• KIPP University Prep High School, founded in 2009;
• KIPP Camino Academy, founded in 2010;
• KIPP Un Mundo Dual Language Academy founded in 2012;
• KIPP Esperanza Dual Language Academy founded in 2014;
• KIPP Poder Academy founded in August of 2015.
KIPP is committed to providing our students with a top quality education, making no excuses regarding background or previous educational experience, and recognizing that there are no shortcuts to success! To find out why great teachers join KIPP: San Antonio Public schools, visit our website at www.kippsa.org.
Reports to: School Leader
- Uses time effectively to meet students’ educational and behavioral needs
- Supports and manages quality instruction/lessons created and directed by teachers
- Self-initiative and self-directed, needs minimal guidance when working in small group student settings
- Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with students and teachers based on trust and respect.
- Provides instructional support within the special education and general education classroom as needed in order to meet students’ needs.
- Communicates high expectations for behavior by teaching, practicing, and reinforcing rules and consequences.
- Approaches teaching with a sense of urgency maximizing every minute.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date records.
- Assumes a shared ownership and sense of responsibility for student achievement.
- Provides feedback to teachers about students’ progress and needs.
Academic and Cultural Support
- Collaborates with content and grade-level teams to promote an environment of critical thinking and academic rigor.
- Consistently reflects on instructional practices through formal and informal methods, and works relentlessly to meet individual professional development goals.
- Meets professional obligations through efficient work habits such as meeting deadlines and honoring schedules.
- Works to become knowledgeable about best practices to support all students.
- Embraces feedback and constructive criticism in the spirit of constant improvement.
- Other duties as assigned
- Participates actively in developing and following through with individualized learning plans and behavior plans for students.
- Assists in the daily functioning of the school as necessary.
- Ability to communicate effectively, interpret and adhere to policy and procedures, maintain emotional control under stress.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pushing and pulling, regular heavy lifting. Biological exposure to bacteria and communicable diseases.
- Two years work experience with students preferred.
- Minimum 60 college hours
Starting pay is based on experience.
Please go to www.kippsa.org and click on the Careers tab.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
KIPP Public Charter Schools|