Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
||San Antonio, TX
|| Education and Library, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Collegiate Faculty, Staff, Administration, Research & Development, Medical, Environmental
On-Call Substitute School Nurse
KIPP San Antonio On-Call Substitute School Nurse
The mission of KIPP San Antonio Public Schools is to enable students from underserved communities to develop the knowledge, skills, and character necessary to graduate from college, lead in their communities, and command their future.
KIPP San Antonio is a growing network of free, college-preparatory public charter schools that prepare students for success in college and in life. Outstanding educators, more time in school, a rigorous college-preparatory curriculum, and a strong culture of achievement and support help our students make significant academic gains. For more than 10 years, KIPP San Antonio has been redefining what is possible in public education.
In order to continue to meet the needs of San Antonio’s students and the demand for additional high-quality, college-preparatory public schools in central San Antonio, we are embarking on an aggressive growth plan that will allow us to serve more than 9,000 K-12 students in 15 schools.
KIPP San Antonio is looking for a on-call substitute school nurse to serve K-12 students. The ideal candidate for this position must be able to respond to day-of or planned absences within school clinics. On-call substitute nurses will be paid on a half-day or full-day rate. This staff member should exhibit a strong sense of organization and flexibility while serving the needs of a diverse student body. The school nurse will be active in creating and building upon the school health program. Position duties will include both delivery and coordination of health services. The School Nurse utilizes the ANA Nursing Process to promote and improve student health. He/she will implement and coordinate a school health program in order to enhance health and wellness in the school community. Duties are to be performed in accordance with standards of professional nurse care and practice, district/state board of education policies and procedures and Texas State law regarding nursing with deference to the Nurse Practice Act.
General responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Provide skilled nursing assessment and care for students, including students with special medical needs requiring the performance of skilled nursing procedures.
- Must be available for day-of or planned absences
- Serve as a resource for families and school personnel and act as liaison with community agencies and providers.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings and complete continuing education requirements for licensure.
- Ensure compliance with district, state and federal rules and regulations in performing screening tests and nursing procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
• Knowledge of and commitment to the mission
• Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Independent, self-starter with a strong focus on student development
• Dependable, organized, efficient, and creative
• Experience collaborating with team members and providing constructive and instructive feedback
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Articulate, professional demeanor with strong self-confidence and initiative
• Ability to work both on broad-based strategy and everyday details
• Ability to exercise excellent judgment in decision-making
• Proven written and verbal communication skills; Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of special needs students and their parents
• Strong organizational and planning skills
• Possession of a passionate and loving attitude toward all children
• Responsiveness; Follow-up and follow-through with students, families, and faculty members is essential
- The candidate must pass a background check prior to hiring.
- Graduate of an accredited professional nursing education program with a minimum of a BSN
- Registered by the state of Texas to practice Nursing
- Must be LVN or RN certified.
Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written in English), interpret policy and procedures, maintain emotional control under stress.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pushing and pulling, some heavy lifting. Biological exposure to bacteria and communicable diseases.
The on-call substitute nurse will be compensated for each job on a half-day or full-day rate.
Please go to www.kippsa.org and click on the Join the Team tab.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
KIPP Public Charter Schools|
Empower New York students to succeed as an AmeriCorps member
with Reading Partners in New York, NY.
Empower community volunteers as an AmeriCorps member in New York City
with Reading Partners in New York, NY.
Communications & Marketing Director with Conservation Organization (Any Intermountain West State)
with Western Resource Advocates in Any Intermountain West State (AZ, CO, MT, NM, NV, , US.
with Glynn County Board of Commissioners in Brunswick, GA.
Senior Digital Marketing Manager
with Doctors Without Borders in Manhattan, New York, NY.
|>> more | add|