Student Recruiting Intern
JOB TITLE: Student Recruiting Intern
REPORTS TO: Enrollment Manager
DUTY SCHEDULE: Hourly
We are looking for KIPP Houston alumni to help us recruit new students for KIPP schools! This is an exciting leadership opportunity for anyone interested in learning project planning skills.
As a Student Recruiter, you will be in the communities where KIPP schools are located telling students and families about KIPP and helping them understand how they can enroll in a KIPP school close to them. You will be an ambassador for KIPP, sharing how KIPP has impacted your journey to and through college, and helping other students begin this journey.
We are looking for KIPP alumni who are college students in the Houston area, who have their own transportation and can work 10-20 hours a week from December to May to make a difference in our community.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The Enrollment Assistant will:
Recruitment activities include visiting businesses, grocery stores, child care centers, or apartment complexes in the school’s neighborhood to leave fliers about the KIPP school you are supporting and talk to families about KIPP.
- You will create a plan to reach a recruitment goal, work on the steps of your plan, identify things that work and things that could be improved, and track your own progress
- Help reach out to families from December 2017 through May 2018, for 10 to 20 hours per week, on your own schedule
- You will lead recruitment activities for one or more KIPP campuses, and you will work with the KIPP student recruitment team and other KIPP alumni to connect with potential students
Education and Knowledge:
- High School diploma or GED certificate
- Experience working with children and families of diverse backgrounds preferred
- KIPP alumni preferred
- Must be fluent in Spanish
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written
- Competent in communicating with prospective students from a wide-variety of socioeconomic, racial-ethnic, and religious backgrounds, and nationalities
- Contributes positively to a collaborative working environment
- Understanding of organizational systems and staff roles; appropriately hold confidences and maintain confidentiality of prospective student and student records
- Highly organized and self-motivated, creative problem solver
- Positive, personable, and flexible