Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
|| Accounting/Auditing, Education and Library, Information Technology, Law Enforcement, and Security, Executive Management, Quality Control
Lead Night Custodian
POSITION OVERVIEW: At KIPP Austin we believe the facilities are an integral part of our students’ well-being. We teach students that a clean, well-organized, well-kept, safe environment is important to their health and effective learning success. Our facilities motto is: “Leave a place better than you found it.” The ideal candidate will embrace this along with the KIPP “Work hard. Be nice.” work ethic.
The Lead Night Custodian will work 12-months year round and is sometimes asked to perform building security checks on evenings, weekends and holidays. The Lead Night Custodian will work with a crew of 8-12 to support the entire KIPP Austin campus which consists of five schools and a central kitchen/cafeteria serving nearly 1,500 students. The Lead Night Custodian will be assigned one of the three KIPP Austin campuses, but will be required to serve any of the three based on campus needs. The Lead Night Custodian will work very closely with the Custodial Supervisor and will serve as the Custodial Supervisor in his/her absence.
The Lead Night Custodian role provides critical support to our Night Custodian Supervisors, and serves as a pathway to available Supervisor roles that may be available in the future.
- Provide quality control of the cleaning staff through daily audits and corrective instruction on the spot
- Be responsible for cleaning of assigned school space, which may include cafeteria, classrooms, athletic areas, etc. as scheduled by the supervisor
- Keep restrooms clean and well supplied
- Provide floor care including sweeping, mopping, spray buffing, burnishing, scrubbing, applying floor finish, etc.
- Provide carpet care including vacuuming, spot removal
- Keep housekeeping closets clean and supplied with necessary materials. Keep closets closed and locked when not in use
- Know the opening and closing procedures of each campus
- Know how to safely operate all housekeeping equipment used in the building
- Replace light bulbs as needed
- Attend and participate in schedule staff meetings
- Understand and adheres to the guidelines of KIPP Austin
- Participate in team activities and special projects as scheduled by the supervisor or when help is needed due to absences.
- Report all repair and maintenance needs to Facilities Manager
- Other duties as assigned
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES (in the absence of the Night Custodial Supervisor):
- Ensure all part-time custodians are trained in 5S, Standard Work and proper use of required equipment
- Monitor inventory/supply levels and submit orders to Campus Manager
- Prepare daily schedules and outlining tasks for janitors as requested by schools or administrators; conduct daily meetings with staff at beginning of shift
- Follow a daily schedule to ensure that building cleanliness, safety and functionality are being maintained to KIPP Austin’s standard of quality
- Clean daily as assigned of all facilities including, but not limited to, restrooms, classrooms, cafeteria, office spaces, conference rooms, sidewalks, and driveways
- Ensure the campus’ hygiene, cleanliness, and aesthetic needs are met
- At least one to two years of housekeeping or custodial experience, preferably in a school environment
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office preferred
- Spanish bilingual preferred
- Ability to be flexible and function in a growing and continually changing workplace
- Punctuality and good attendance required
- Ability to get along with co-workers, children, teachers, parents and administrators
- Multi-faceted, multi-skilled, resourceful, and willing to do whatever it takes to feed healthy food to our students
- Model positive and healthy character traits and habits, such as being organized, consistent and understanding
- Unquestioned integrity and commitment to the KIPP Austin mission and KIPP Austin community
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
As an equal opportunity employer; we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
- Manual and physical dexterity, including the ability to handle and maneuver machines
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. and receive assistance for any items greater than 50 lbs.
- Ability to safely climb a 10 foot step ladder
- Ability to stand for long periods of time on hard surfaces (concrete or tile) for at least 80-100% of the scheduled work day
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat, reach, push, pull, and walk frequently and with ease
- May require walking on uneven or wet surfaces
- Must be able to use cleaning chemicals and cleaning agents necessary to perform the essential functions of the job
KIPP Public Charter Schools|