Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
|| Education and Library, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Retail/Wholesale, Research & Development, Medical, Energy / Utilities
Middle School Teaching Fellow/Building Substitute
Please note, this is an immediate opening with a projected start date of late January, 2018. We are considering applicants for both our Teaching Fellow and Building Substitute positions.
COMPENSATION: Please note that the Teaching Fellow position is an annual salary of $35,000/year and the Building Substitute position is an annual salary of $30,000. Both positions receive medical benefits through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas.
POSITION OVERVIEW: Teaching Fellows/Building Substitutes work intensively with school leaders and teachers to hone teaching skills while helping our students achieve the academic skills, intellectual habits, and character traits needed to succeed in the nation’s most competitive high schools and top colleges and universities. Teaching Fellows /Building Substitutes will learn data-driven instructional strategies to develop structured and dynamic lessons to engage all students. The Teaching Fellow's time is divided between assisting teacher advisors, lesson planning, whole-group instruction, small group tutoring and grading. These duties provide an excellent training, preparation and practice for teaching positions for the 2018-19 school year.
KIPP Austin teachers are on duty in school Monday through Friday from approximately 7:15 am to 4:45 pm (exact start and end times vary slightly by school), with most arriving before and staying after these hours. Though they face demanding schedules, all KIPP Austin teachers are strongly supported by dedicated leadership and staff. KIPP Austin students have an extended school day and a brief mandatory summer session. This extra time allows KIPP Austin to develop innovative and highly effective instruction for all of our students. At KIPP Austin, we value college starting from Kindergarten and keep it top of mind as students continue to grow as learners.
- In partnership with a mentor teacher, develop and deliver academically rigorous lessons; create rubrics and assessments
- Plan and supervise purposeful special projects
- Assess individual student’s progress and learning needs; demonstrate a relentless focus on helping students achieve
- Offer/receive constructive feedback in order to create a professional atmosphere that is conducive to continuous development
- Help shape and develop a school-wide atmosphere that best suits the needs of our students, teachers, and families
- Communicate students’ progress toward realizing academic and character development goals with families on a weekly basis
- Experience working with students/children in an educational setting (after school program, student teaching, etc.)
- Demonstrate measureable success in previous experiences related to education or working with students
- Experience teaching underserved students (preferred)Desire to become a KIPP Austin middle school teacher
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Unwavering commitment to KIPP Austin’s mission, students, families, and community
- Strong record of helping students achieve academic success, primarily with minority and low-income students
- Strong desire to teach an academically intense curriculum and commit to an extended school day, week, and year
- Desire to continuously learn and increase effectiveness as a teacher and professional; offer and receive constructive feedback
- Willingness to be flexible and to go above and beyond to meet the needs of KIPP Austin students
- Competitive salaries and bonus program
- Teacher Career pathway with expert teacher development and opportunities for career advancement
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage options with 79-95% of monthly medical premium costs (depending on the plan) paid by KIPP Austin
- 100% KIPP-paid short-term disability
- Paid parental leave (amount paid based on tenure)
- On-campus dry cleaning pick-up
- Retail discounts
- Gold’s Gym individual and family plan discount
ABOUT KIPP AUSTIN PUBLIC SCHOOLS: KIPP Austin is a network of free, public, open enrollment schools for low‐income and historically underserved students in Austin, Texas. There are currently ten schools in the KIPP Austin network: four elementary schools, four middle schools and two high schools. When fully enrolled, KIPP Austin will serve over 5,000 students – more than doubling the number of college-ready low-income, minority students in Austin. KIPP Austin Public Schools is part of the national network of charter schools, KIPP, the Knowledge is Power Program (www.kipp.org).
OUR MISSION: KIPP Austin Public Schools believes that every child, regardless of economic background has the right to an exemplary education. We will empower our students to thrive in and graduate from college, choose their paths, and positively impact their communities.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age,
gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
KIPP Public Charter Schools|