Who we are.
KIPP (Knowledge Is Power Program) is a national network of free, open-enrollment, public schools that are successful in helping students from educationally underserved communities develop the knowledge, skills, character, and habits needed to succeed in college and the competitive world beyond.There are currently 200 KIPP schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia serving 80,000 students.Today, KIPP Massachusetts serves over 1,700 students in our five schools in Boston and Lynn and over 400 alumni on their journeys to and through college with our KIPP Through College Program.
What we do & why it matters.
Nation-wide, only 10% of students from low income communities like Lynn and Boston graduate from college, compared to 84% of their more affluent peers. Preparing our students for successful lives of independence and impact drives the work of all KIPP school leaders, teachers, and staff. Nationally, KIPP alumni graduate from college at 4 times the national average, which is good, but not good enough. We project our Class of 2015, the first to benefit from a 5-12 KIPP education, will graduate from college at 5 times the national average. Our goal is for 75% of our alumni to graduate from college.
KIPP MA serves over 1,700 students at five schools in 2016-17. KIPP MA will serve over 1,900 students at five schools in 2017-18.
In Lynn, MA, we are building a K-12 education system across three schools.We currently serve students in grades K-1 at KIPP Academy Lynn Elementary School, in grades 5-8 at KIPP Academy Lynn Middle School, and in grades 9-12 at KIPP Academy Lynn Collegiate High School. We are excited to build our Lynn elementary school to serve grades K-2 in 2017-2018 and grades K-4 by 2019-2020.
In Boston, MA, we are building a K-8 education system across two schools.We currently serve students in grades K-2 at KIPP Academy Boston Elementary and in 5-8 at KIPP Academy Boston.We are excited to grow our Boston elementary school to serve grades K-3 in 2017-2018 and grades K-4 by 2018-2019.
Across all our schools, 81% of students are economically disadvantaged, 14% receive Special Education services, and 20% are identified as English Language Learners.At KIPP, we believe that all kids can and will learn, and our staff members are dedicated to ensuring we serve the needs of all our learners. We are at our best when we are engaging students’ joy and curiosity through rigorous curriculum that will put them on the paths toward lives of independence and impact.
By 2020, KIPP will serve 10% or more of Lynn public school students and join our charter peers in Boston to serve 20% of Boston’s public school students.We will also scale our KIPP through College (KTC) program to serve 857 alumni by 2020, effectively tripling the total number of students served by KIPP Massachusetts.
KIPP MA seeks a passionate and relentless Recruitment Associate to work as part of a collaborative Talent Team and in partnership with school and regional leadership to attract and select world class educators. KIPP MA is looking for a go-getter who will execute on a high volume of searches by creatively and aggressively sourcing talent pools, maintaining consistent and efficient processes, and communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
Responsibilities of this Role
- Identify, attract, and select diverse, high-quality candidates to work at KIPP MA.
- Build close, effective relationships with school leaders to ensure alignment of the recruitment process with program needs.
- Directly support individual school leaders by coordinating a smooth, tailored recruitment process from identification of qualified applicants through all steps leading to hiring decision.
- Develop innovative strategies for researching and cultivating identified pools of talent and individual prospects.
- Conduct application reviews and phone interviews in a friendly, efficient, and rigorous manner.
- Manage cultivation and selection data in a database system.
- Use data to set and track ambitious goals, inform decisions, and influence stakeholders.
- Hire for designated openings with top quality candidates efficiently.
- Represent KIPP MA in a professional and engaging manner at internal and external events.
- A passion for the mission of KIPP MA
- Thrives in a fast-paced, team-oriented, mission-driven culture
- Demonstrates a growth mindset and a desire to continually improve through feedback
- Strong work ethic, entrepreneurial spirit and flexibility to accommodate high level of responsibility, multiple priorities, and rapidly changing environment
- Exceedingly strong organization skills
- Superb written and oral communication skills
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience
- Recruitment experience highly preferred
- Successful K-12 teaching experience highly preferred
- Experience with Salesforce, FormAssembly, SurveyMonkey a plus
- Bachelor’s degree mandatory; Master’s Degree preferred
- Please note: extensive daily travel within MA is required
Internal candidates: If you are currently a member of the KIPP MA team, please apply by emailing your resume to the Recruitment Team at Talent@kippma.org. Be sure to indicate to which position you wish to apply.
External candidates: If you do not currently work for the KIPP:MA team, please visit our job board at http://kippcareers.force.com/jobboard?site=Massachusetts and complete an online application.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a comprehensive benefits package.
KIPP MA is an employment at-will organization.
KIPP Massachusetts, KIPP Academy Lynn, and KIPP Academy Boston are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, gender identity, religion, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age, ancestry, special need, proficiency in the English language, or a foreign language. We are committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff and encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds.