Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
||Boston Area, MA
|| Accounting/Auditing, Computers, Hardware, Computers, Software, Customer Service and Call Center, Education and Library, Financial Services, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Human Resources, Information Technology, Insurance, Internet/E-Commerce, Law Enforcement, and Security, Military, Telecommunications, Executive Management, Medical, Web Technology, Nonprofit and Volunteer Services, Writing/Authoring, Energy / Utilities
Who we are.
KIPP (Knowledge Is Power Program) is a national network of free, open-enrollment, public schools that are successful in helping students from educationally underserved communities develop the knowledge, skills, character, and habits needed to succeed in college and the competitive world beyond.There are currently 200 KIPP schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia serving 80,000 students.Today, KIPP Massachusetts serves over 1,700 students in our five schools in Boston and Lynn and over 400 alumni on their journeys to and through college with our KIPP Through College Program.
What we do & why it matters.
Nation-wide, only 10% of students from low income communities like Lynn and Boston graduate from college, compared to 84% of their more affluent peers. Preparing our students for successful lives of independence and impact drives the work of all KIPP school leaders, teachers, and staff. Nationally, KIPP alumni graduate from college at 4 times the national average, which is good, but not good enough. We project our Class of 2015, the first to benefit from a 5-12 KIPP education, will graduate from college at 5 times the national average. Our goal is for 75% of our alumni to graduate from college.
KIPP MA serves over 1,700 students at five schools in 2016-17. KIPP MA will serve over 1,900 students at five schools in 2017-18.
In Lynn, MA, we are building a K-12 education system across three schools.We currently serve students in grades K-1 at KIPP Academy Lynn Elementary School, in grades 5-8 at KIPP Academy Lynn Middle School, and in grades 9-12 at KIPP Academy Lynn Collegiate High School. We are excited to build our Lynn elementary school to serve grades K-2 in 2017-2018 and grades K-4 by 2019-2020.
In Boston, MA, we are building a K-8 education system across two schools.We currently serve students in grades K-2 at KIPP Academy Boston Elementary and in 5-8 at KIPP Academy Boston.We are excited to grow our Boston elementary school to serve grades K-3 in 2017-2018 and grades K-4 by 2018-2019.
Across all our schools, 81% of students are economically disadvantaged, 14% receive Special Education services, and 20% are identified as English Language Learners.At KIPP, we believe that all kids can and will learn, and our staff members are dedicated to ensuring we serve the needs of all our learners. We are at our best when we are engaging students’ joy and curiosity through rigorous curriculum that will put them on the paths toward lives of independence and impact.
By 2020, KIPP will serve 10% or more of Lynn public school students and join our charter peers in Boston to serve 20% of Boston’s public school students.We will also scale our KIPP through College (KTC) program to serve 857 alumni by 2020, effectively tripling the total number of students served by KIPP Massachusetts.
KIPPMA’s several Technology Associates provide user and help desk support as the first line of defense for troubleshooting staff and student technology concerns and responding to help tickets. Day-to-day tasks primarily include working with school leaders, teachers, and other staff to troubleshoot hardware/software issues including wireless connectivity issues, printing, scanning, and copiers as well as working on Chrome books, Lenovo Think Pad Laptops, and MACs. KIPP: MA plans for this particular Technology Associate to be primarily based in Boston to support our Elementary School and Middle School, which are co-located in the same building in Mattapan; however, will have potential requirements to assist the Tech Team at our Lynn schools. The Associate is part of a larger region-wide Technology Team that supports all technology resources required for the organization to achieve its educational and business goals during rapid, multi-site growth.
The Technology Associate will report directly to the Technology Lead in the KIPP: MA Regional Office.
Scope of Responsibilities:
User Support & Customer Service:
• Ensure excellent, proactive, and responsive user support for staff and student on all technology issues (i.e. computers, printers, servers, classroom A/V, computer labs, server connections, voice/telecommunications, copiers, other hardware, applications, smartboards, etc.)
• Actively be part of a team that meets specified customer service metrics and service level standards, measured by staff surveys, tech ticket system, etc. ensuring a remarkable level of customer service is provided
• Provide effective technology training to staff and students, as needed.
Systems Design & Administration:
• Remote Support, VPN and other remote access assistance technologies.
• Support Google-based email/calendar/contacts system and/or convert to Outlook.
• Support the maintenance & management of security/surveillance technologies and equipment.
• Support the administrative aspects of the Tech Team via regularly reconciling open items, active accounts (e-mail, computer, etc.) under the direction of the Tech Lead.
• Perform a quarterly review of all tech assets to ensure proper recordkeeping of all assets (laptops, Chromebooks, Macs, projectors, printers, etc.).
• Support major PC/Mac operating systems, MS Office and other desktop applications, and information systems – including student, alumni, accounting, fundraising, human resources, and other information systems and databases.
• Office phone systems; Cell phones and smartphone services.
• Accurately diagnose and repair operational problems on a wide range of devices (laptops, Chromebooks, desktops, mobile devices, printers, multi-function printers/copiers)
• Coordinate support (through vendors when needed) for district copiers/multi-function devices and staff cell phones
• Other duties or projects as assigned within the technology and operations functions.
• Floating customer service may apply between school breaks, PDs, work weeks, closed school days (non holidays). Must be willing to travel and adjust working location.
Skills & Experience:
• Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in related field required
• Ability to communicate with staff at all levels and at varying levels of technology understanding
• Ability to work under pressure and remain calm in the midst of changing circumstances
• Prior experience working directly providing customer service support in a technology help desk or desktop support role that involves troubleshooting technical issues by logic, reason, established processes, and escalation steps
• Experience in a school, education, or other nonprofit setting a plus
• Working knowledge of Windows & Mac installation, configuration & support.
• Working knowledge and experience using Active Directory to manager users and groups.
• Experience with troubleshooting Gmail, Microsoft Outlook, Google docs, Microsoft Office Suite.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills and track record of providing remarkable customer service
• Working knowledge of Android/iOS mobile operating systems.
• Working knowledge of TCP/IP, wireless networking and computer/network security.
• Setting up, understanding & managing client/server applications, Windows Server(s)
• Experience supporting Microsoft Windows XP/7 & 8, Mac OS X, computer hardware and
• Ability to troubleshoot printers, copiers, projectors, and general classroom A/V equipment
• Familiarity with the following technologies preferred: Information Systems include student information systems (PowerSchool or others), fundraising systems (Salesforce), accounting systems (MIP/Sage or others); PC and Mac platforms; help desk systems; SharePoint and file/knowledge management systems; interactive whiteboards and educational technologies.
Traits & Qualities:
• Relentless determination to do whatever it takes to help our students succeed.
• Demonstrated commitment to superior customer service.
• Goal-driven, accountable, and reliable.
• Strong attention to detail and follow through.
• Creative problem-solver; ability to work independently as needed within parameters set by and under the supervision of a Technology Lead.
• Ability to communicate clearly, responsively, and proactively orally and in writing with diverse stakeholders and customers
• Deep alignment with KIPP:MA mission, values, culture, and team.
Internal candidates: If you are currently a member of the KIPP MA team, please apply by emailing your resume to the Recruitment Team at Talent@kippma.org. Be sure to indicate to which position you wish to apply.
External candidates: If you do not currently work for the KIPP:MA team, please visit our job board at http://kippcareers.force.com/jobboard?site=Massachusetts and complete an online application.
Terms of Employment
The position of Technology Associate is an exempt, full time, 12 month, salaried position. Regular travel between KIPP’s Lynn and Boston locations is required. KIPP MA is an employment at-will organization. Work schedule will be determined by the hiring manager with a preferred start date of October 1, 2017.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. We offer a competitive benefits program and an abundance of additional incentives. For all eligible employees, our benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, paid-time off (vacation/sick), flexible spending account options, short term and long term disability, life insurance, 403(b) plan and a proactive and accessible HR department that focuses on the staff’s health and happiness. KIPP MA offers their employees a laptop computer, school e-mail account, school cell phone, and high-speed internet access.
We are actively working to diversify our staff so our school may better reflect the community we serve. Candidates of color, multi-lingual, and first generation college graduate candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. KIPP Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate, and strives to create an inclusive working environment in order to attract talented people from all backgrounds—regardless of race, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.
KIPP Massachusetts, KIPP Academy Lynn, and KIPP Academy Boston are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, gender identity, religion, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age, ancestry, special need, proficiency in the English language, or a foreign language. We are committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff and encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds.
KIPP Public Charter Schools|